CIEE Summer Study Abroad Programs

CIEE Summer Study Abroad Programs

MORE CHOICE, FLEXIBILITY, AND SPECIAL SAVINGS!

Make the most of your summer. CIEE summer programs offer features you won’t find anywhere else, including a weekend in another city (our Intercultural Comparative Experience), 4-week program options, and affordable options with no hidden costs!

Choose from more than 70 top-quality options in over 30 countries. We offer four types of summer programs – Short-Term, Intensive, Internship, and Specialty – so it’s easy to match your goals with your ideal destination.

The program fee includes:

- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits

CIEE offers a wide variety of scholarships to participants; please see website for full details.

Vicki
University of Illinois- Chicago

CIEE Summer Community Public Health, Botswana

This program opens up opportunities for learning more about health care in a challenging and dynamic/hands on way. Botswana is a safe country and Gaborone is a growing city. If you are vegetarian, you will find lots of food to eat. Local cuisine is great! You'll love the experience if you like to travel between countries and go on safari's as well! Africa is such an amazing place and you'll find yourself wanting to go back to moment you come home.

My experience with the clinical aspect of the program was too hands on. It is meant to be observational, however, realize that you are going into a country with its own laws and regulations. You need to be smart and savvy at staying safe in a medical environment and saying 'no' when you are not comfortable with certain situations where you may be asked to do a small medical procedure! It's for the best of the patients and you as well.

KoreaLover
Akron, OH
University of Akron

Awesome

My summer in Korea was amazing! The list seriously never stops, and the entire day you just see so much. It's impossible to take it all in. But never fear, after an entire day of touring and being a tourist, they give you the entire night to do what you will with your time and money. The student helpers were key in having a great time, suggesting great places to go and how to play Korean drinking games (which are really fun). One of the great things about the program is that they pick a variety of students throughout the US, so you'll always find a group of people with similar interests who want to explore the same parts of Korea as you. But really, they give you so much time to just go out and do whatever, and if you're that kind of person who likes to walk around the city and talk to random people (when you find young people who speak English), it's a pretty awesome time.

They took us out for all of our meals, and they always took us to nice restaurants. So don't worry about not liking the food. You have to be curious! And it's not as spicy as they think it is. I mean, I could list the food, but they pretty much served us all the main food people think is Korean food.

They needed to randomize who we hung out with, especially because we were with the same groups every day. Also, we needed more Korean exposure- there could have been more kids that wanted to hang out with us!

Dondre
Hamilton, NJ
Boston University

Exploring Korea; One of my best experience of my life

This summer program, to say it in one word was amazing. Through this program, I was able to finally visit Korea, and it ultimately affected my potential future goals and dreams.

First, the amount of things we did on this program was incredible. Truthfully because of our early morning schedules (beginning around maybe 8/9AM) ending sometimes late at night, it got very tiring, but it was definitely worth it. We were able to see so much, such as Gyeongbokgung Palace, Insadong, Myeongdong, and even the DMZ, etc., check out Yonsei University, one of Korea's top universities, meet great people such as Hyunwoo Sun of the famous internet learning website "Talk to Me in Korean," as well as experience great shows and performances, such as a B-Boy show called Bibap. The list can go on and on. To top it all off we stayed at a very fancy hotel, located in the Anguk area, which is conveniently a walking distance away from Insadong, Hanok Maeul, the Jongno area, Gyeonbokgung Palace and the Blue House, Cheonggyecheon, Korean Tourism Organization, etc.

The staff were also pretty helpful, from when we left our site in the US to when we left. In addition to the staff, we had some AMAZING student helpers who not only stayed with us the entire day, but also even after our tours ended to help guide us with where we wanted to go in our free time and even joined us and helped us at the places. Truly incredible, kind helpers.

The thing that boggles me is that though there are a large amount of students who apply to this, there are not NEARLY as many as there should be, and I think it is because of how little information there is on this program. The amount of things you're able to do on this trip is incredible, and one of the greatest experiences you will ever have in your life. Please do not pass up on this opportunity. If you have passion about wanting to go to Korea (or even just wanted to see what it is like), you must go on this trip, as you will get a very good taste of what Seoul is like.

Time management. I felt like somedays we did a lot of things, and other days we didn't do as much. I think that the amount of things we do and places we go to should be evenly separated between the days, and that on the last day or so we should be given more free time to explore.

BornToTravel
Fort Collins, CO
Huntington University

CIEE in Seville: A Magical Combination!

My summer spent in Seville was extremely formative - in all senses of the word. I enhanced my Spanish language ability, overcame many personal challenges, and immersed myself in a new and vibrant culture. I had known prior to my time in Spain that I had a knack for traveling and meeting new people, but the personal growth and independence I experienced are outcomes that I hadn't previously considered, yet are skills that stick with me to this day. Seville is a beautiful city that can entertain visitors for months and even years on end. The architecture, rich historical legacy (as the major port for goods to/from the "New World" during the "conquest"), delicious cuisine and vibrant social scene make it the perfect study abroad location. I have to give much of the credit for Seville's appeal to CIEE as well, as they administered a perfect program with unique academics, super attentive and friendly support staff; and the perfect amount of excursions and social activities - all in a beautiful, recently renovated "palacio" in the center of the historic downtown. I am now a professional in the field of study abroad, encouraging students to take the leap similarly to how I did, much to the credit of an amazing program in an amazing location.

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world