CIEE Summer Contemporary Netherlands Studies in Amsterdam

Come spend the summer in The Netherlands, the perfect site to examine social and public health challenges with a critical lens.

Using the dynamic city of Amsterdam as your laboratory, exploring the Dutch public health system as well as their policies surrounding prostitution, drugs, housing, abortion, euthanasia, and migration. Guided site visits to places like a drug safe house and the prostitution information center provide you with a behind the scenes look at Dutch social policy in practice.

Study abroad in Amsterdam with CIEE and you will:

- Study public health in the Netherlands during Session I and gain a greater understanding of the innovative ways in which the Dutch approach this area

- Study contemporary Dutch social policy in the capital of the Netherlands (Amsterdam) during Session II and learn more about Dutch policies concerning subjects like prostitution, drugs, and abortion

- Live in the practical, environmentally-conscious country of the Netherlands

Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship to Ireland!

Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship is a unique international program to develop change leaders who make an impact on their community and the world.

This fully funded summer 2021 study abroad program to Dublin, Ireland is developed for students of color with special emphasis on leadership, social justice, agitation for positive change and cross-cultural understanding.

CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Wen Long

Amazing First Study Abroad Experience

Not going to lie, the thought of leaving family behind and traveling to a completely foreign country for four weeks was daunting at first. However, with the help of CIEE’s pre-departure programs and the constant flow of communication and information between the students and staff really helped alleviate the fear. Instead, with the talk of exploring the city's nightlife, trying all staples of the Dutch cuisine, the nervousness transformed into excitement and a thirst for adventure!

The lasting friendships, the scrumptious stroopwafels, the eye-opening lectures, the bustling nightlife have helped make my first study abroad experience an amazing one; one that has greatly exceeded beyond my expectations and what I hoped to have achieve in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Definitely rent a bike! As a non-biker back in the United States, I was nervous about biking around the busy Amsterdam streets. However, after stepping past that initial fear, you will fall in love with using bikes as your main means of transportation! The city is very bike-able and is much easier to navigate via biking!
Kaylee

Public Health with CIEE

I had an amazing time this summer with CIEE. The program staff in Amsterdam were very welcoming and personable, and were really helpful in figuring out everything from finding fun places to be to handling any personal issues I encountered. The class I took was also really informative, and I learned a lot through our lectures and site visits in the city. Overall, I learned so much about the healthcare system in the Netherlands, looking for ways to improve our own in America in my future medical career as well as the country itself. I learned a lot about the Dutch, and even picked up a few words! The gezellig (coziness) of the entire program and everything I learned made for an amazing summer.

A little more screening as to who gets into the program.