Spend this summer exploring issues of health care from the Dutch and British perspectives. You begin your study abroad experience in Amsterdam, interrogating culturally sensitive issues like euthanasia, and global issues like elder care, which help you develop insight into the Dutch approach. Next, you’ll travel to London, to research the challenges facing the British National Health Service which owns the vast majority of the country’s hospitals and has made medical care available to all citizens
Embrace the amazing opportunity to examine the policies and practices of two countries facing similar public health challenges to the rest of the Western world, but taking markedly different approaches to addressing them.
Study abroad in Amsterdam and London and you will:
- Enjoy a series of guest lectures and site visits that bring you into contact and conversation with professionals in the field
- Develop leadership on matters critical to health
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.