Unique in New Zealand and in collaboration with Weta Workshop, Weta Digital, Park Road Post Production and Miramar Creative Ltd, the Master of Fine Arts (Creative Practice) is designed to prepare you for a career in the creative industries. Completion will provide a high level of professional mastery, craft and practical skill in your chosen field: theatre, film, music (film scoring, sound design and game audio), or design. Hone your collaborative, creative and business skills as a practicing artist over an intensive 12-month program. Victoria’s Master of Fine Arts (Creative Practice) is an industry-focused, practical degree that will help you build new contacts and networks in Wellington’s creative industries.
You'll take advantage of our capital city location and study at Victoria’s Kelburn campus—plus our film and music programs get to use a new purpose-refitted facility at the Miramar Creative Centre.
Intake: March each year
Duration: 12 months
- Learn through internships with industry partners and arts organisations.
- Choose from theatre, film, music or design.
- Complete the qualification in a single year (12 months).
- Gain workplace contacts and hands-on experience.
- Dedicated scholarships available.