June 7 - July 3 2020
Credit: 15 points (3-4 US credits; 7.5 ECTS)
Applications due: 1 April 2020
This exciting programme, designed for athletes of all levels and students studying sport or other majors, is taught by experts in the University of Waikato's Faculty of Health, Sport, and Human Performance. The rugby option is taught in conjunction with the Chiefs Super Rugby Team, where students will train alongside the team and learn from expert coaches!
Delivered through hands-on learning in the classroom, labs, modern gym, and trips to local sports organisations. Athletes will have the opportunity to continue with their sport, practicing with local teams in the evenings and competing on the weekends. Students will have access to state-of-the-art high performance training centres where researchers work with elite teams, including New Zealand Cycling and New Zealand Sevens rugby.
- Learn from practicing lecturers who work with elite athletes.
- Placement within a local sports team.
- Access to state-of-the-art high performance training centres.
- Add-on rugby option to train with the Gallagher Chiefs Rugby Team.
- Tuition, accommodation, housing and all meals are included.