Education for Transformation Summer School

City Hall Belfast
City Hall Belfast
Titanic Summer School
Titanic Summer School

The International Summer School on Education for Transformation focuses on driving change through learning and is an interdisciplinary program located in a unique society emerging from conflict with many distinct educational sectors. From faith schools to Irish language schools to religiously integrated schools to schools involved in the internationally renowned Shared Education Program, we are at the heart of rigorous research conducted throughout our schools and those further afield which has informed policy and brought about systemic change in the local system and beyond. You will be taught by those who have led and developed the innovative research, change and transformation of the internationally renowned education system we have in Northern Ireland today.

• An opportunity to discover how education can drive change through world class teaching- lectures, panel discussions and seminars
  • Optional credit-bearing programme at Year 2 undergraduate equivalent, following assessment A student successfully completing one of our Summer Schools following essay assessment will be awarded 20 CATS points at Year 2 undergraduate equivalent
  • Guaranteed accommodation on campus for 27 nights with arrival on Sunday 23 June and departure on Saturday 20 July 2019 - if accommodation option is chosen.
  • A social programme including welcome reception, film nights, social events and ‘Ceilidh’ Night – traditional Irish music and dancing
  • Opportunity to explore Northern Ireland with cultural and historical field trips. Students will have the opportunity to see their learning in action with a range of field trips across Northern Ireland to sites of cultural and historical importance.

Guilherme

Education for Transformation

It was perfect! Throughout the past month, I've had a chance to learn about a range of different topics related to education and Northern Ireland. Other than the fantastic classes, there were many field trips that provided some first-hand experience and opportunities to discuss with principals, students and politicians alike. Expect to learn about the history and conflicts of Northern Ireland, their educational system, current research and much more! Also, be ready to meet incredible classmates, teachers and staff. I'm really glad to have received Santander's scholarship, which made this whole experience possible. I can't wait to apply what I've learned and hope I can be back to Queen's soon.

Amanda

Education for Transformation

The Education for Transformation Summer Course at Queen's University Belfast was an incredible experience. I learned about the history of the country, the troubles they had, the division between Catholics and Protestants, how the educational system is, and so many other things. I am really happy that I received a Santander scholarship and had the opportunity to study during 4 weeks about education in Northern Ireland. Now I understand a lot more about this divided society, and can compare it with my country. Thank you very much for this opportunity. I hope to have the chance to come back and keep my studies.

I believe it would be better to have more discussion panels with students, teachers and principals.
Read my full story

About Queen's University Belfast

A stunning City Campus steeped in heritage yet benefiting from world-class, state-of-the-art facilities, we have a history of investing in our people and building brighter futures. This is where learning and research come together to create new and...