The International Summer School on Education for Transformation focuses on driving change through learning and is an interdisciplinary program located in a unique society emerging from conflict with many distinct educational sectors. From faith schools to Irish language schools to religiously integrated schools to schools involved in the internationally renowned Shared Education Program, we are at the heart of rigorous research conducted throughout our schools and those further afield which has informed policy and brought about systemic change in the local system and beyond. You will be taught by those who have led and developed the innovative research, change and transformation of the internationally renowned education system we have in Northern Ireland today.
- An opportunity to discover how education can drive change through world class teaching- lectures, panel discussions and seminars
- Optional credit-bearing programme at Year 2 undergraduate equivalent, following assessment. A student successfully completing one of our Summer Schools following essay assessment will be awarded 20 CATS points, worth a recommended 5 -6 US credits
- Guaranteed accommodation on campus for 27 nights with arrival on Sunday 23 June and departure on Saturday 20 July 2019 - if accommodation option is chosen.
- A social programme including welcome reception, film nights, social events and ‘Ceilidh’ Night – traditional Irish music and dancing
- Opportunity to explore Northern Ireland with cultural and historical field trips. Students will have the opportunity to see their learning in action with a range of field trips across Northern Ireland to sites of cultural and historical importance.