Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education (BSME) is online this fall due to travel restrictions. This online option is will be TUITION FREE! There is a $50 registration fee per course, however.This is an enrichment opportunity for students who wish to learn about Hungarian mathematics pedagogy. Students will also learn about methods of how to teach mathematics online. All courses are taught synchronously, with live online class sessions at pre-scheduled times.
BSME students will have the option of taking 1-5 courses including:
Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method; Gamification and Playfulness in Teaching Mathematics; Teaching Geometry through Problem Solving; Practicum: Experiencing the Hungarian Approach through Observation and Teaching; Directed Research: Discovery Learning in Secondary Schools
To view course syllabi and to start an application, please go to our website. College graduates as well as in-service teachers are also welcome to participate.
- Learn about Hungarian mathematics pedagogy in which emphasis is placed on mathematical creativity and communication.
- Learn about teaching mathematics online.
- Observe recordings of Hungarian mathematics classrooms.
- Small class groups no larger than 12 students.
- Taught live by Hungarian mathematics teachers and scholars (no prerecorded lectures).