Take the plunge and immerse yourself in Portuguese language and culture. Through intensive language learning, and a variety of courses taught in both English and Portuguese, you’ll enhance your understanding of contemporary Portuguese society and culture.
And with home direct enrollment options at the local university, homestays, and a number of cultural excursions in and an around the multi-cultural capital of Libson, studying abroad in Portugal offers you a uniquely immersive international experience.
Study abroad in Portugal and you will:
- Take courses in English at a Portuguese university; choose from a wide range of direct enrollment courses if your Portuguese language skills are up to it
- Become familiar with Portuguese history, culture, and current affairs through city-based cultural and social activities and weekend excursions
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.