CISabroad - Semester in Edinburgh

With its around-the-clock buzz of activity, Edinburgh has a youthful energy in an historic city. On Semester in Edinburgh, you’ll study at the top-ranked Edinburgh Napier University, located in the heart of the old city. The city of Edinburgh will fascinate with its combination of medieval Old Town, neoclassical New Town, and award-winning modern architecture. You’ll live, study, and socialize with international students from Scotland and 100-plus other countries. With courses ranging across hard sciences, health sciences, engineering, business, and more, you’ll reap the benefits of studying in one of Scotland’s largest universities. All the while, Edinburgh Castle, visible in the background, will remind you that you’re making memories in a city full of history.

Hanna

Thank you, CISAbroad!

Studying abroad with CIS was the best decision I have ever made. From the moment I applied, their program was thorough, clear, and simple, and their team is responsive, passionate, and caring. Over a year ago, I showed interest in studying with CISAbroad. I was almost immediately contacted by the representative that specialized in the area I was interested in to introduce herself, see if I had any questions, and invite me to phone call conversation to discuss my options. She was so personable, caring, and patient, and had a clear answer to every question I asked. I immediately knew that this was the company I wanted to study with, and now only had to choose my location. This representative was happy to engage in another phone call and help me decide on the program best for me, after weighing my options, we decided Edinburgh was the place for me. From then on, the process only got less stressful. Their team members were welcoming and enthusiastic and made me feel as if I was a part of a community before even setting foot on the airplane. Their information packets were thorough, comprehensive, and detailed. I knew exactly what needed to be done, by when, and how. Any questions that popped up were answered in a timely, professional, and enthusiastic manner. Then, the pre-departure orientation explained nearly every detail of what to pack, what to do, and what to expect. It also introduced us to our wonderful program coordinator Jeanna. If I could write an entire review on how incredible Jeanna was, I absolutely would. She was so caring, kind, and motherly. Every person in our program cherished her and agreed that she helped us to feel at home in such a new country. Maggie, our program coordinator in the states was in frequent and personal contact with us to make sure that we were adjusting well and enjoying our experience. When we arrived in Edinburgh, we were instantly taken care of, with rides from the airport provided, on-site orientations, and recommendations about where to buy necessities, I never once felt lost or overwhelmed during my first week in Scotland. Jeanna brought us out for dinner that night to help us get to know one another and discuss what we should expect coming up, and then took us for a walking tour of the city. I can still remember the things I learned on that tour because of how personable, knowledgeable, and kind Jeanna is. I felt as if I was moving into my new home. Jeanna made sure to meet with us often and check in frequently, from coffees to Facebook messages, she went far above and beyond to help us have the best semester possible. I genuinely believe that she is the reason I did not feel homesick, and I could never have enough words to thank her.
The best part of my study abroad experience by far was the infamous CIS Scotland Highland Tour! This excursion, covered in our tuition and fees, took us on a tour of the highland to see the most beautiful, memorable, and incredible views I have ever seen. I will never, ever forget the experiences I saw on this trip from famous landscapes (including the Harry Potter Bridge), bonding with my fellow students, and, of course, eating Haggis!
CIS was not only affordable, but so beyond worth the money spent on the program. For less than I pay a semester at my home institution, we were provided extremely comfortable student accommodation, a fantastic education at a Scottish Institution, and experiences that I will never in my life forget. I absolutely loved my classes at the institution. I learned so many interesting things from extremely knowledgeable professors and was both intrigued and challenged by the subject matter. Likewise, there were so many course options to choose from that it was nearly impossible for someone to not find something they were interested in. I loved collaborating with Scottish students, and creating bonds with people from the institution on group projects and outside of class time.
To CIS, I can only say “thank you” for giving me the semester of a lifetime.

I have no improvements from this program.
Haley

Semester in Edinburgh

Living in Edinburgh was the best time of my life, and CISAbroad made it all possible. Everything I needed to have a smooth semester, from getting to Scotland, actually living there and attending classes, was all taken care of by the CIS team. One of my favorite things about CISAbroad was the on-site director. My director was the sweetest human ever who shared lots of knowledge of her city. I also made life long friends through my program, who I will cherish forever. I’m so grateful to CISAbroad, and would recommend it to anyone.

Haley

Study in Edinburgh!!

I couldn't recommend this program or this city any more! I absolutely LOVED my experience with CISabroad both before departure and during my abroad experience. They were so helpful with the planning process, even doing live webinar sessions to get you excited and ready! During the webinar for our pre-departure orientation, we were able to talk with our on-site director (who is the sweetest lady on earth!) and had her share some insider information on what to expect once we got there. Once I landed in Edinburgh, CIS had worked with a service that picked me up and drove me to the hotel we were staying in for the night (our flats weren't ready until the next day). Even down to the cab driver, my experience was incredible. The man who picked me up from the airport gave me a small tour around the city, drove me by where my flat would be, where I could get my groceries, and so on. It was so sweet and really calmed my nerves. Once I got to the hotel, our on-site director let us get settled then took us on a small walk to a place where we could get some dinner. She helped us with getting to our flats, school orientation, and even an actual walking tour (from a true local!!). She even coordinated an weekend trip to the Scottish Highlands and Isle of Skye which is one of my favorite memories of the entire adventure. I am forever grateful for CISabroad for the journey of a lifetime and all of their assistance in making it the best adventure I could have ever dreamed of. The city of Edinburgh is surreal. The history is in every stone in the city with roads that snake along century old stone structures. There's a perfect combination of old city and nature to explore. The city feels more like a large town with friendly locals and a very walkable and casual atmosphere. The nightlife is epic and I always felt safe walking home with my friends. The best memories of my life take place in Edinburgh on this study abroad program. Even a year later, I think about the friends and memories I made. I can't wait to go back!! Study abroad in Edinburgh with CISabroad, it will be the best decision of your life!!

I wouldn't change a thing!!
Annie

Keeping a Mindset of "Why Not?"

Edinburgh was the most incredible experience I have ever had in my life. It was also the hardest goodbye I have ever had in my life. So many firsts came from this experience, and I met incredible, open-minded people whose energy hyped up the entire experience because we were living every day like it was our last. There are no words to sum up the entire semester, only a feeling that hits me so hard when I hear a word, a phrase, a Scottish accent, or even from seeing pictures, all the memories come flying back and it is like I am back in the most magical place I have ever lived in.
We never said "no" to any opportunity that presented itself because we knew our time would end. I felt so accomplished and excited for everyday to find out what new things I would come across, or learn. I have no regrets from my semester abroad, and it is an experience I will never forget. I will be back.

The only thing that was tricky at first was getting into classes, other than that nothing!
Caley

OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE

The most difficult part was coming home. I did not want to leave Edinburgh or Scotland generally. I had the time of my life and I cannot recommend studying in Scotland enough. The bus system was extremely straight forward and easy. I felt incredibly safe at all times and in all the neighborhoods I visited. My roommates and I were able to get flights all over the UK and Europe from Edinburgh Airport and I honestly had the best study abroad experience that I think I could have. CIS was indispensable when it came to getting everything ready and they were always available when I had questions. Bottom line, GET TO SCOTLAND ASAP.

I would change the way we signed up for classes, while we sent in a list of six classes we didn't know what we were taking until we actually got to Scotland. And we had no way to communicate with the advisors at our University before orientation.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...