CISabroad - Semester in Edinburgh

CISabroad - Semester in Edinburgh

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

With its around-the-clock buzz of activity, Edinburgh has a youthful energy in an historic city. On Semester in Edinburgh, you’ll study at the top-ranked Edinburgh Napier University, located in the heart of the old city. The city of Edinburgh will fascinate with its combination of medieval Old Town, neoclassical New Town, and award-winning modern architecture. You’ll live, study, and socialize with international students from Scotland and 100-plus other countries. With courses ranging across hard sciences, health sciences, engineering, business, and more, you’ll reap the benefits of studying in one of Scotland’s largest universities. All the while, Edinburgh Castle, visible in the background, will remind you that you’re making memories in a city full of history.

Animal Science
Social Sciences
Sustainable Development
Visual Arts
Wildlife Sciences
Please see our website for price and dates details.

Semester in Edinburgh

Living in Edinburgh was the best time of my life, and CISAbroad made it all possible. Everything I needed to have a smooth semester, from getting to Scotland, actually living there and attending classes, was all taken care of by the CIS team. One of my favorite things about CISAbroad was the on-site director. My director was the sweetest human ever who shared lots of knowledge of her city. I also made life long friends through my program, who I will cherish forever. I’m so grateful to CISAbroad, and would recommend it to anyone.

Study in Edinburgh!!

I couldn't recommend this program or this city any more! I absolutely LOVED my experience with CISabroad both before departure and during my abroad experience. They were so helpful with the planning process, even doing live webinar sessions to get you excited and ready! During the webinar for our pre-departure orientation, we were able to talk with our on-site director (who is the sweetest lady on earth!) and had her share some insider information on what to expect once we got there. Once I landed in Edinburgh, CIS had worked with a service that picked me up and drove me to the hotel we were staying in for the night (our flats weren't ready until the next day). Even down to the cab driver, my experience was incredible. The man who picked me up from the airport gave me a small tour around the city, drove me by where my flat would be, where I could get my groceries, and so on. It was so sweet and really calmed my nerves. Once I got to the hotel, our on-site director let us get settled then took us on a small walk to a place where we could get some dinner. She helped us with getting to our flats, school orientation, and even an actual walking tour (from a true local!!). She even coordinated an weekend trip to the Scottish Highlands and Isle of Skye which is one of my favorite memories of the entire adventure. I am forever grateful for CISabroad for the journey of a lifetime and all of their assistance in making it the best adventure I could have ever dreamed of. The city of Edinburgh is surreal. The history is in every stone in the city with roads that snake along century old stone structures. There's a perfect combination of old city and nature to explore. The city feels more like a large town with friendly locals and a very walkable and casual atmosphere. The nightlife is epic and I always felt safe walking home with my friends. The best memories of my life take place in Edinburgh on this study abroad program. Even a year later, I think about the friends and memories I made. I can't wait to go back!! Study abroad in Edinburgh with CISabroad, it will be the best decision of your life!!

I wouldn't change a thing!!

Keeping a Mindset of "Why Not?"

Edinburgh was the most incredible experience I have ever had in my life. It was also the hardest goodbye I have ever had in my life. So many firsts came from this experience, and I met incredible, open-minded people whose energy hyped up the entire experience because we were living every day like it was our last. There are no words to sum up the entire semester, only a feeling that hits me so hard when I hear a word, a phrase, a Scottish accent, or even from seeing pictures, all the memories come flying back and it is like I am back in the most magical place I have ever lived in.
We never said "no" to any opportunity that presented itself because we knew our time would end. I felt so accomplished and excited for everyday to find out what new things I would come across, or learn. I have no regrets from my semester abroad, and it is an experience I will never forget. I will be back.

The only thing that was tricky at first was getting into classes, other than that nothing!

The most difficult part was coming home. I did not want to leave Edinburgh or Scotland generally. I had the time of my life and I cannot recommend studying in Scotland enough. The bus system was extremely straight forward and easy. I felt incredibly safe at all times and in all the neighborhoods I visited. My roommates and I were able to get flights all over the UK and Europe from Edinburgh Airport and I honestly had the best study abroad experience that I think I could have. CIS was indispensable when it came to getting everything ready and they were always available when I had questions. Bottom line, GET TO SCOTLAND ASAP.

I would change the way we signed up for classes, while we sent in a list of six classes we didn't know what we were taking until we actually got to Scotland. And we had no way to communicate with the advisors at our University before orientation.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...