Fashion Courses in Singapore

Students hands designing footwear
Students hands designing footwear
Student with drawing papers at a table
Student with drawing papers at a table

Always had a passion for Fashion? Join us, and train under industry experts at any one of our Fashion courses available at TaF.tc. Our classes span from 1-day courses to 9 month-long intensive advanced diplomas.

1.Are you more interested in creating your blouses, pants, and dresses from scratch? Learn drafting, sewing, pattern-making, and watch your designs turn into reality with our Apparel Design & Product Development courses.

2.Want to start your own Fashion label but don’t know where to begin? Our Fashion Business courses will teach you to source your material, compute costs, and produce, market, and launch your very own e-commerce brand.

3.Or, do you have dreams to become the next Jimmy Choo or Louboutin? Our Italian trainers have your success in mind with our Footwear Design & Product Development programme – first of its kind in South-east Asia.

Recognized globally, TaF.tc guarantees you the best exposure to the ever-growing and exciting world of Fashion.

• 1-day courses to 9 month intensive Fashion programs
  • Courses in every field, from pattern making, shoe-making, drawing, and digital design to marketing, merchandising, buying, and virtual prototyping
  • Never-seen-before Footwear program developed in collaboration with the World renowned Italian institute: Arsutoria
  • Trainers coming from all over the world!
  • A student-centred school, where every future fashion talent matters, giving every individual the chance to blossom within this competitive industry

Meet us at the Fashion Diploma Preview Talk!

Have an interest in Fashion, but not sure how to develop it?

Come on down to our Preview Talk and hear about our exciting NEW TaF.tc Fashion Diplomas and Modules that we're running in 2019! Learn from experts about what it takes to get into Fashion.

DETAILS
Date: Friday, 15 November 2019 Time: 4pm - 5.30pm
Address: #14-06 Central Plaza,
298 Tiong Bahru Road, Singapore 168730

Aaron

Yassss

Totally would recommend this program. It’s very informative and is taught by industry people who have a wealth of experince to share. 10s 10s 10a across the board!! Learn a lot about the workings from inside the industry that isnt normally taught in design school. The trainers are well informed and very knowledgeable. The courses give a very good insight into the fashion industry especially the production side. Great if you intend to start your own business or you are in the midst of a career switch. Totally would recommend this program. The hands on learning means you will understand the lessons better. You will get hands on experience with every aspect of the production industry and more. The merchandising courses are also very good. Yas!

Fahmy

Taf.tc Design Course

Industry professionals as your guiding light, how much better can it get?
The lecturers are not your typical academic types, they have actually been in the garment industry for years and have the chutzpah to back it up.
You start with the basics -fibre, yarn, moving on to the garment components, illustrating your ideas onto paper and software, sourcing for trims/fabrics and marketing tools for the industry.
The learning curve is steep, so patience and an open mind is a virtue to have, going through these 3-4 month diploma courses.
Respect what the courses have to offer and you will be rewarded in spades.
Sign up for the shorter courses if you want to have a feel for the learning environment and see where that will lead you.
Recommended for those who are genuinely interested to know more about the garment industry.

A longer, specialised course (local or overseas) for diploma graduates/alumni who wish to take the next step after working for a few years.
Clara

Footwear diploma is really fun and informative

The footwear diploma is jointly developed by taf.tc and Are Surprised, a world renowned pattern making school. All instructors are from the industry and all the classes were very hands-on and interactive. Taf.tc was also extremely supportive of students post-course, constantly sending out post graduation opportunities at companies or retail opportunities for graduates that go into entrepreneurship after. The courses are regularly updated to include current trending education topics such as bespoke shoe making and athletic shoes. The course ran for 3 months full time from Monday to Saturdays, 8 hours a day. It was very intensive but I managed to learn alot in a very short period of time. At the end of the diploma, the school took us on a trip to visit a shoe factory in China which reinforced everything that we had learnt. I enjoyed attending this course very much.

Amanda

Great Course for Anyone Interested in entering the Fashion Industry

Attended the Product Development Diploma course, and as someone who has already been sewing as a hobby for several years, this course has taught me not only technical skills to further my interest but a lot about the work behind the scenes in the fashion industry.

The lecturers are friendly and engaging, and the classes are just the right amount of challenging to keep you on your toes. This course covers a broad spectrum about the work put into the garments you see in your retail store. It takes you from design to production, to quality assurance and even working out costs and margins.

To be completely honest, you might not enjoy every single module taught, but it is a necessary process for understanding the entire scope of the fashion industry. Covering that much ground also helps you to get a clearer understanding on which parts of the process you like/dislike more so you can steer yourself in the right direction.

There seems to be much more to learn about the industry, and perhaps a longer course length would have been necessary to cover some of the gaps in skills/knowledge that is missing.
Perri

Fashion? TaFtc have it all :D

Took numerous courses in fashion with TaFtc, Footwear, Apparel, Merchandising & Marketing etc. The courses are intensive, which means be prepared to give your full focus. Though can be a little stressful but you get to acquire knowledge in the shortest amount of time. They focus on providing students with the essential and relevant knowledge to build a career in fashion. And their trainers are industry practitioners with years of experiences, hence, whatever learnt can be put into actual use. I had learnt to see fashion in a business perspective which now I have more confident and ready to move into the next stage of my career. Even though, I had graduated, I still do sign up for their short courses whenever I have the time. There are so much to learn about in fashion, yet TaFtc have it all :D

Vrinda

TaF.tc course was very helpful

I had a great time doing the footwear product development diploma. It was a stepping stone for my journey to start my own brand and create my own collection of shoes. The teachers from Italy, Singapore and their unwavering support was also very good, Post the diploma, the institute has helped and supported me a lot too. The course was very comprehensive and touched on all the important aspects of shoes designing and even included a hands on shoe making module. People with no background in designing can take this up also, as this course teaches everything from basics, to sketching, to designing on paper as well as on computer. I will highly recommend this course to anyone looking into getting into shoes or product development and designing.