Be an active participant in the hope-triumphs-over-oppression culture of Cape Town during CIEE’s Arts and Sciences program. You’ll get involved with the local community in so many ways – from community service to visits to local theater, museums, and historical sites – and take rigorous courses at the University of Cape Town. Don’t miss this chance to have an adventure to remember, while gaining a comprehensive understanding of social relations in South Africa.
Study abroad in Cape Town and you'll:
- Choose from a range of course offerings at the University of Cape Town in commerce, engineering, humanities, and science
- Immerse yourself in the culture through a township homestay, volunteering, and independent study opportunities
- Live, interact, and study with African students in a society in transition
- Visit local theater, music, and dance productions; museums; rural cooperatives; and cricket and rugby matches
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.