CIEE: Design Your Own Semester Abroad

With CIEE's, you can design your very own semester program in up to three amazing cities! Whether you want to study for 6, 12, or 18 weeks, you can build the ideal study abroad experience that offers mobility, cultural immersion, and an academically rich experience – tailored to fit your needs.

See all the study abroad city combinations using our custom study abroad tool, spin the globe, or take a look at experiences around some of our most popular open campus combinations!

Select from ten cities in our CIEE network in Europe, Latin American, and Africa and view flexible courses offered to meet your needs including Business; Communication, Journalism, and New Media; Global and Community Health; International Relations and Political Science; Language, Literature, and Culture; Sustainability and Environmental Sciences; and Internships and Research Projects.

• Study abroad in up to 3 amazing cities in one semester
  • Customize semester to meet degree requirements, personal interests, time frame and budget
  • Add internships or research projects as part of your semester
  • Block system allows for flexibility with all institutional calendars
  • Scholarships and grants are available - don't miss out!

Robin

Great experience

CIEE was wonderful to work with. They did the groundwork for me. They found my placement, my housing, and took care of the work permit, almost everything. I was a volunteer. I don't think they find your housing if you are paid. In CIEE's pre-departure class, I felt like I learned as much as I did in my entire 2-year teaching credential degree at the university. In addition, it was FUN. My Spanish improved so much and I made lots of friends!

CIEE did everything, so there's not much that could be improved on. The only suggestion I have, is that I did not find out about the post-teaching warm-down/reflection session until I'd already made my plane rickets, so I missed it. I would have enjoyed talking to the other volunteers about their experiences.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...