Seamester: Australia to South Africa 90 days

This voyage is a once in a lifetime opportunity to sail aboard S/Y Argo, our 112-foot schooner from Australia to Borneo, Bali and across the Southern Indian Ocean, to Cape Town via Christmas Island and Mauritius

The voyage offers a full compliment of academics that can be tailored to the specific needs of each student. Additionally, this voyage will prove to be an exciting travel adventure that emphasizes blue-water sailing skills development, SCUBA diving training and cultural exploration. Sail training certifications for this voyage are issued through International Yacht Training, as IYT offers the only global standard in professional yachting certifications.

Once underway, there are no passengers on this voyage! With over 6500 miles to cover in a relatively short time, much of the program will be spent at sea, with shipmates and staff rotating through the responsibilities of life aboard, each a part of the working crew.

Colin

South Africa to Antigua 2018

I was on board Sea|mester's 112 ft schooner Argo for the Spring 2018 voyage from South Africa to Antigua. It was the highlight of my gap year, and certainly one of the best experiences I've ever had. The team of instructors were all knowledgeable and fun to be around throughout the trip and my fellow shipmates became close friends. If you are looking for a challenging, life-changing adventure and love the ocean I would highly recommend Sea|mester.

Nick

Amazing Experience

Amazing experience. If you want to sail across an ocean, scuba dive, and see a lot of countries. Choose this program. Full of adventure and discovery. Learning about the oceans and the vessels that sail them. Classes include seamanship, Marine Bio, Oceanography, and leadership. All taught by extremely smart well picked instructors. Seamester was the best experience I ever had, and it is sure to leave the same impression on all others who sail aboard Argo and Ocean Star.

Taylor

The Best Experience Of My Life!

SeaMester is the most unique study abroad program out there! I learned more than just academics. I learned hard skills that I still use, I learned a lot about myself, and I learned how to be a leader and a member of a group. We also had amazing experiences in the countries and cultures we were immersed in. Most of all, SeaMester was a great experience and tons of fun, while sailing a yacht across an ocean visiting seven countries along the way.

About Seamester

Seamester offers unique educational voyages where students spend their time sailing between countries and continents. For more than 40 years, we have consistently delivered outstanding educational experiences for students. We design our programs to...