CIEE Business + Society in Seville, Spain

Torre de Oro
Torre de Oro
Morocco
Morocco

Take your Spanish language skills to the next level while studying economics and business management and/or gaining real-world work experience with an internship. Choose from coursework in English at CIEE Seville and our partner institutions, University of Seville and University of Pablo de Olavide (UPO). Business and Society courses are held at the University of Seville School of Economics and Business, just a quick walk from CIEE Seville, which is located in the heart of Seville, close to the Royal Alcazar palace. Prior to starting classes, students take a two-week Spanish language course based on their appropriate skill level and agree to speak only Spanish to facilitate language and cultural acquisition. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• INTERN WITH A SPANISH COMPANY to get valuable work experience and school credit.
  • LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY at their Seville home – the ultimate way to absorb as much language and culture as you can.
  • EXPLORE AND DISCOVER some of the most beautiful cities in Andalucia through our excursions to cities like Cadiz, Malaga, Cordoba, Jerez, etc.

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Shelby

CIEE Seville Business and Society

I had the most incredible time during my time abroad. Sevilla was a very exciting city with lots of culture. The CIEE program was well-run and enjoyable. I like the conpany visits for some of the classes and loved going to Morocco. Everyone involved was very nice and helpful and definitely helped improve your Spanish. Living in a home stay with a family was also an excellent choice for me. I loved living with a mother and her three children. That kept everything exciting at home and allowed me to speak even more Spanish during the day. I was also able to travel many weekends. Overall, I had a phenomenal time abroad in Spain.

Niko

The Best Summer of My Life

My title says it all. My study abroad experience with CIEE in Seville was absolutely the best summer of my life. I always knew I wanted to study abroad in a Spanish speaking country, and my university offers programs in Chile and Spain. After my friend highly recommended the Seville program, I made my choice.

I arrived in Seville and immediately met my host family. They were incredibly friendly, accommodating, and excited to meet me. They welcomed me into their home and really made me feel like I had a home in Seville. I still keep in touch with them and plan on visiting next year.

The orientation that CIEE requires was extremely helpful. My orientation guide, Ana, showed us around the city and made sure we always got back to our homes safely after each night. I quickly learned my way around the city and learned the basics of how to live in Seville.

The staff at CIEE really made my experience what it was. The program director, Virginia, is so knowledgeable, passionate, and friendly. She really cared about each student individually and got to know us all personally. The professors that taught our classes were wonderful as well.

The trips we took during the program were informative and eye opening. I saw many different parts of Spain and Morocco too! Our tour guides knew everything I could want to know, and I always felt safe.

Altogether, this program is a MUST. I bettered my Spanish, broadened my horizons, made life-long friends, and really found myself. I have already recommended this program to my friends, and one is currently studying in Seville while the other will be there this summer.

Thank you, CIEE Seville, for giving me the best summer of my life!

It's perfect.
Stephanie

Speechless

I don't know why I ever questioned studying abroad. To whoever is considering Seville as a travel destination: do it! I spent the happiest and most fulfilling four months of my life in Seville. I traveled throughout all of Europe, took courses in Spanish, and even had an enriching internship! Thanks to my internship opportunity, even Spaniards who are based in the United States reached out to discuss future collaborations. Not to mention, the CIEE B&S faculty is incomparable!! When I lost my passport in Paris at 5 AM, they responded so quickly and guided me step by step to retrieve my emergency passport. They are not only spectacular during emergencies, but they do a great job at equipping you with a great host family, internship, classes, travel opportunities, and much more. Gracias Sevilla, y gracias CIEE. ¡Hasta pronto!

I have zero complaints about the program. Seville is a beautiful city, and the CIEE staff just makes it better!
Cecilia

The best time of my life

It sounds so cliche, but my semester abroad really was the best decision I've made and the most amazing 4ish month experience I have ever had in my life! Not a day goes by that I don't reflect on my time and wish I could do it all again.
To start, Sevilla is magical-- it's kind of a hidden gem that Americans don't often think of when they think of Spain, but it has everything. Rich histories from all sorts of people, stunning weather, the river, the nightlife, the food! That part speaks for itself.
But I really am lucky to have chosen this specific CIEE program! I suppose it was the staff that made it different from any other program-- they were unfailingly kind and fun to be around, and they challenged us. They knew we were there to learn and they did everything in their power to help! Plus the excursions the program offers (especially the one to Morocco!!!!) were always an amazing time. I learned something every day in this program, whether traveling or in my day to day classes. The classes were challenging enough (having them in Spanish is honestly a huge plus) while still allowing us to not stress too much and have fun too :) There were so many resources available too, everything was almost too easy!
Lastly, my housing/host family was incredible. I know everyone doesn't get this lucky, but my host mom and 2 host sisters became my real family, and we still keep in touch! I'm actually going back to visit them soon! They were the sweetest and so much fun.
I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to get an amazing taste of Spain and further their studies in the business realm, especially if you ever hope to do any business in Spanish! Ole, vamonos pa' Sevilla! :)

I honestly can't think of anything to improve. Excellent job, there hasn't been a moment yet where I think back and wish any single thing had been different!
Lucas

Wonderful Semester

By far, the best term of my college career and i've had an amazing time in college as i'm sure most others have. Sevilla quickly became my favorite city in Spain and one of my top in the world. It is rich with culture and tradition that quickly become a part of how you want to live. Classes were not very challenging but allowed for a lot of free time to wander the city, do activities through the programs, and make new Spanish and American friends. I want to go back and live for a longer period of time and so did most of the study abroad students I went with said. Highly recommended.

Really nothing.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...