IES Abroad Barcelona - Advanced Spanish Studies

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from IES Abroad.

This is your chance to directly enroll in a local university and speak, write, and understand Spanish to the best of your ability. Maybe you’ll even make some Spanish friends while you’re at it. You will take an advanced language course and choose from IES Abroad courses, local university courses, and internship opportunities to fully experience all Barcelona has to offer. The strengths of the academic and cultural experiences offered through the IES Abroad Center are among its most distinguishing characteristics.

Barcelona will also be your classroom. Here you can visit one of the city’s outdoor markets to practice your Spanish with the shop owners, order tapas while out to dinner with new friends, or take in a Spanish Opera at the world-renowned Gran Teatre del Liceu Opera House. All of these things (and more!) will help you take your Spanish to a whole new level-- welcome to study abroad!

Gabriella

Forever in my heart

Barcelona was a wonderful time. I only wish that I would have taken more advantage of everything the city has to offer. The IES Barcelona center was in the heart of the city, which meant that every view was beautiful and every day was sight seeing. The staff for the Advanced Spanish Studies Program are amazing, the person in charge inn particular is kind-hearted and loving, she definitely took the time to know everyone. Almost every day I miss waking up in my host-mom's home then walking to school, taking in the beauty of the city. I particularly miss my host mom--and her cooking. I made friendships that will last my entire life, I saw things I will never forget. I recommend visiting in the fall semester for a smaller group--in the Advanced Spanish Program there were three of us--and in spring if you prefer a large group. I was worried about the coursework being only in Spanish but every professor took the time to make sure you understood and we had many thorough in class discussions. Studying abroad is guaranteed to change your outlook on life and IES is prepared to help you process those changes.

Corrinne

IES Advanced Spanish Studies

The IES Advanced Spanish Studies program was absolutely amazing. The academics included being directly enrolled in a local Spanish university which was very unique and the courses were challenging and new. The homestay living is incredible to improve your speaking, eat traditional meals, and be part of a family. IES as a program is incredibly dedicated to helping each student succeed academically and personally.

About IES Abroad

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student...