Summer Spanish Immersion by the Beach in SPAIN

Summer Spanish Immersion by the Beach in SPAIN

Now accepting Summer 2018 applications!

Fully immerse yourself in the Spanish language in the beach town of La Coruña, Spain! Take Spanish courses for academic credit according to your level. Beginners to advanced levels are welcome to apply!

This program is intended for participants who want a more authentic experience than more touristic Spanish cities can offer. You'll earn 3-12 semester credits/ 4.5-18 quarter units at an accredited Spanish university and live with Spanish speakers for 5 or 10 weeks during the Summer. La Coruña offers beautiful beaches, excellent public transportation, delicious food and great nightlife!

Those who have intermediate or above Spanish skills may opt to add an internship!

• True Spanish language immersion
  • Earn up to 12 semester credits in one summer
  • Student budget friendly beach town
  • Option to add an internship in your major!
  • Spend the summer at the beach!
Europe » Spain
Spanish
Age Requirement
Application Fee
Deposit
Apply early to save! Refer a friend and save $200/referral!

Included: Spanish courses, Tuition & official transcripts from Universidade Da Coruña (3-12 semester credits/4.5- 18 quarter units), Optional customized internship placement, Guidance & performance evaluation (Internship Participants Only), Housing with Spanish speakers, International medical & accident insurance, Day trips, Cultural Activities, 24/7 local emergency contact, Local Program Director support, Welcome Orientation, Pre-departure support & travel tips, Certificate of course and/or internship completion

Not Included: Airfare, spending money, Meals, Transportation to/from class/internship (usually walking distance), Transportation to/from the airport, Application Fee
La Coruña

Reid
Azusa, California
Azusa Pacific University

So Worth It

So I had never traveled out of the country before, but there I was, living in an apartment with three Spanish speaking roommates on the busiest street in the city when it comes to nightlife. When I was not in class, I would either be enjoying the food from some of the local restaurants or laying out on the beach wondering what I had done to deserve such a wonderful experience. La Coruna, Spain is a wonderful city with a great nightlife, sunny beaches, phenomenal food, and a welcoming culture. There is a coffee shop/bar that I would go to almost everyday and I ended up becoming relatively good friends with the staff. Since I was alone there for periods of time, it was great to be able to go to a place to grab a coffee or a beer and talk to someone. My time abroad there has been one of the most unique and defining experiences of my life and I look forward to being able to return there someday.

This is a newer program, so I think that if more people would join it, it could be a better experience but thats its only fault.

Hailey
Pasadena, California
Azusa Pacific University

Study in La Coruna, Spain!

I can not express how incredible this experience was for me through Lingustic Horizons. I was at a point were I wanted to travel, I needed Spanish credit for college, and I didn't have much money. The program director went above and beyond to help me reach my goals. In turn, I had an incredible experience in such an extraordinary part of Spain within Basque Country, so green, lush, full of life and culture, right next to the beach, and the heart of Galicia. The food was brilliant, I can not talk enough about one of my professors, I've never learned so much in such a short period of time and I didn't even fully realize until later! It's also a great spot to travel around Spain and Europe after the 5 or 10 week program. It's a hidden gem and Linguistic Horizons helps you get there!

julie
long beach, california
California State University- Long Beach

best program

This is a great program. My Spanish improved tremendously both from the full immersion and the university classes. The school and the city felt very familiar and it was refreshing to be in a non touristy area. I had traveled to Spain before, and the bigger cities were very hussle and bussle. Coruña had a more laid back atmosphere that made it feel like a second home. Linguistic horizons was very informative about what to expect from the city and how to get around. The ciudad vieja, or old city, part of town was my favorite place since it was close to the beautiful port and had an a type of renaissance charm. I felt very safe walking around town and taking the buses and did not have much trouble with bus schedules. Although I did learn to always be a few minutes early for the bus. Even though the food was different, it was pretty good. As a vegan, I thought it would be difficult to eat out and find options to fit my diet, but I was able to eat almost everywhere. The pimientos de padrón became my favorite dish! Overall this was a great experience and I highly recommend this program.

Ecco

Incredible Experience, Definitely Recommend

Coruna is an incredible city, and my spanish class was the perfect mix of difficulty and fun. Nicole, the programs leader, is extremely prepared to help with anything you might need. Best month of my life!

I wish it could've lasted longer!

Linguistic Horizons promotes language and cultural immersion through unique study abroad and customized internship programs. We provide authentic "off the beaten path" experiences. Choosing a less touristy destination provides a more authentic and immersive experience. Programs are available for all majors in a variety of