Study Abroad in Granada, Spain: Summer

Spend the summer in Granada, Spain with AIFS! Earn up to 19.5 credits studying at the University of Granada. Courses are taught in English and Spanish, with no previous Spanish language required for the Intensive Spanish Program.

Students with an Upper Advanced level of Spanish are invited to participate in the University of Granada’s Business Internship Program. The Business Internship Program is only available to students enrolled in session 2 and 4 combined.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• Tours of the Cathedral and Royal Chapel
• Horseback riding in the Sierra Nevada mountains
• Hiking in the countryside
• Half-day trip to Alhambra and the Generalife Gardens
• 2-day trip to Seville and Córdoba
• Day trip to Costa del Sol.
An optional 3-day excursion is also offered to Morocco (Sessions 2, Session 3 and Combined Sessions). Students on the optional AIFS Flight Package can enjoy a 2-night tour of London (Sessions 2, 3, 4, and Session 2+4 combined).

• Earn up to 19.5 credits and transcript issued by the University of Granada.
  • Excursion to Alhambra and Generalife gardens
  • Horseback riding in the Sierra Nevada mountains
  • Internship opportunities available

Samantha

Studying Abroad Granada

Hola! My name is Sammy and I studied abroad in Granada, Spain in the Spring of 2018. I went through AIFS and can say it was by far the best program I could have gone with. From the pre-departure process to my arrival back in the US, I felt that I was constantly helped with each new experience. As for the location, Granada was truly the hidden gem of Spain. Everywhere you go, there is something new to see and get to embrace so much of their culture just walking through their streets. I lived with a host family and loved every part of it. I felt so welcomed and like one of their family members. I was able to learn so much about their culture and traditional foods. I had classes from Monday to Thursday and this allowed many students to take up on their weekends to search more of the town or explore more within Europe. The campus I was in, also consisted of many other students from all over the world who were also exchange students. Aside from taking all my courses, I also was able to complete a little over 45 hours of my internship at a local hospital as a medical student. I had the honor to scrub in surgeries and closely work with the doctors there. It was by far one of the most life changing experiences for me to get the opportunity to have this internship as an opportunity. AIFS changed my life in every aspect and would do another program in an instant and will forever have a second home on the other side of the world.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I had never had their Paella and could not believe how good it was and how I had gone the past 21 years without having tried it.