AIFS Gap Year Programs: Salamanca, Spain

Spend a semester or year studying in the picturesque city of Salamanca. Earn up to 15 credits at the University of Salamanca. Courses are taught in English or Spanish, and no previous Spanish study is required.

Program options:
-Spanish and International Studies
-International Business Studies
-Medical and Health Program (Fall Semester only)
-Integrated Studies with Spaniards (must enroll in Early Start Program)
-Spanish Language and Culture

Live in a student apartment or homestay, all with a meal plan and internet. Enjoy cultural and social activities such as Spanish cooking classes, picnic and paddle boating on the Tormes River, a tapas tour, and intercambios with Spanish students. AIFS includes a 2-day trip to Madrid and Toledo, and to Segovia, along with Toro and Zamora. Optional excursions include a 4-day visit to Morocco, a 4-day trip to Seville, Granada and Cordoba, and a 3-day trip to Portugal.

• Welcome and Farewell dinner
  • Tapas Bar Tour
  • Day trip to Toro and Zamora Wine Region
  • Spanish Cooking Class
  • Exclusive tour of the University of Salamanca's Old Library

Joseline

AIFs Changed My Life.

My experience abroad completely changed my life. Many, if not all, students who have had the chance of studying away from the United States will say the same thing, but I truly feel like my experience was unique. From the moment I arrived in Salamanca, the AIFs staff made it their personal mission to make me the happiest gal in the world. Not only was I provided with a trip to London to kick off my semester abroad, but I was placed in a loving home stay with a host Mom who truly became my mom. AIFs choice of host families went above and beyond what I expected as my host mom made it her mission to include me and my roommate within Spanish culture as best as possible. In addition, AIFs made sure I recieved the best of Spanish experiences by organizing excursions throughout Spain and giving me the opportunity to take classes in an actual Spanish classroom. When my professors heard I was an aspiring journalist, they went out of their way to get me in contact with local journalists. I tagged along to protests and was able to live a very unique and important moment in Spain’s history, the Catalonia cry for independence. AIFs provided me with trips, memories, and the opportunity to really understand and decide whether this field was what I wanted and I could not recommend this program enough. It changed my life, it could potentially change yours.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....