CIEE Madrid: Open Campus Program

From the premier Prado museum to tapas at lively San Miguel market, you’ll discover Madrid’s many treasures while you challenge yourself with a custom program that meets your precise needs with courses in a range of areas plus a unique project where discovery comes from hands-on experience.

Madrid’s influence in politics, education, science, entertainment, media, fashion, and arts make it an important international metropolis, and the major hub in southern Europe. Spain’s capitol city is also its largest, with a historic center dating back to the Hapsburg Empire, and world-renowned art museums. A huge variety of tapas bars, dance shows, concerts, parks, soccer matches, ethnic neighborhoods, and contemporary theater and cinema make it a lively place to live and learn.

• CREATE THE ULTIMATE PROGRAM with one, two, or three six-week blocks.
  • STAY IN MADRID, OR add blocks in Cape Town, London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, or Copenhagen
  • EXPLORE BEYOND MADRID with an eye-opening three-day study tour.

Nick

Amazing Experience

I had the best semester of my life in Madrid. It's a great city, especially for students. Madrid isn't Spain's top tourist destination, but it is the heart of the country. I visited most regions in Spain, and 12 countries, and I would not have chosen to study anywhere else. There's no reason to leave on the weekends, but cheap transportation (domestic and international) is abundant if you wish to travel elsewhere on the weekends. The CIEE Staff went above and beyond to support the students. Occasionally, I stopped by the CIEE Study Center just to say hi to them because they foster such a friendly, welcoming community. I made many lifelong friends from other universities during my time here, including my host family. I would absolutely recommend this program.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...