CISabroad - Summer in Barcelona - Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona

Your summer in Barcelona translates to sparkling beaches, Spanish-language immersion, and a university with a strong international reputation. On the Summer in Barcelona – Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB) program, you’ll earn six credits in six weeks while living in one of Europe’s most lively, playful cities. Dive into your coursework and then dive into the city around you. Just a few ideas: practice your Spanish as you stroll down the tree-lined La Rambla, take a cooking class to perfect those delicious tapas, and lose an afternoon (or many) to Gaudi’s whimsical architecture. Six weeks will fly by in this entrancing city on the Mediterranean.

• Hands-on orientation and guided tours of the city
  • One optional guided weekend excursion outside of Barcelona (at an additional cost)
  • Academic offerings in both English and Spanish to suit your major and interests
  • Homestay option with a local family
  • Multiple day excursions to places such as Besalu, Girona, or Tarragona

Chelsea

An Unforgettable Experience

My experience in Barcelona, Spain during the summer of 2017 was one that I will cherish for the rest of my life. The people I met, from my roommates, to locals, to the staff of CIS, made my abroad experience just that much more magical. I enjoyed the trips we went on as a group and appreciated the recommendations for places we should visit on our own. I also really liked the fact that we had local citizens as professors at the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona because we were able to build relationships with them and learn first hand about their culture. Barcelona has an ethereal atmosphere with beautifully historic architecture that I was lucky enough to experience firsthand.

The housing I stayed in, in Santz, had less than attentive cleaning staff. This is the only improvement I would recommend.
Stephanie

Amazing

I'm currently here for the summer and having the best time. Barcelona is a beautiful city and a wonderful place to study . My experience so far has been amazing and I'm really happy that I decided to study abroad. The students in my program make this experience even better and the apartments are really cool . CIS makes sure we are all safe and prepared and is always there if we have any questions or an emergency.

Answering emails quicker
Joel

10/10 Would Recommend!

I studied abroad last semester in Barcelona, Spain and seriously could not have asked for a better experience thanks to CISabroad. I was recommended CISabroad over any other program by my school's Office of International Education because of the high regard students from the past decade had for their programs. I can confidently say that the team and program were by no means "just about the money." In fact, upon arriving we were each given a "cultural credit card" I hadn't heard of beforehand and were encouraged to use the money for any cultural experiences we otherwise would not have pursued. They didn't have to do that, and certainly wouldn't have if they were just about the profit. I ended up going on their Morocco excursion for that very reason, which is now one of my fondest memories abroad. Also they don't hold back at welcome/fairwell dinners, mentor meetings at cafes, or any of the many other complimentary dinners/events - always the best of the best. But what I appreciated most was how relational and helpful the on-site team was. I went into CISabroad's program not knowing a soul and they made the transition unbelievably easy for me. If the other programs are anything like CISabroad Barcelona, you can be sure to expect a team that genuinely desires for you to have a safe, fun, eye-opening, memorable, and life-changing experience. Since studying abroad, I have been a student advisor for study abroad and international education services and have led 7 individuals to pursue studying abroad through that very program. And boy, am I itching to go back!

More scholarship availability.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...