Summer in Barcelona at Barcelona School for International Studies

You’ll have a lot to write home about during your summer in Barcelona. This postcard-perfect city is a magnet for students who want to live in a thrilling, whimsical city near some of the most splendid beaches in Europe. On Summer in Barcelona – Barcelona School for International Studies, you can opt for one or two months at the Barcelona School for International Studies, where you’ll learn from some of the best faculty in Barcelona. Dive into coursework, practice your Spanish, eat delicious tapas, meander down the famous, tree-lined La Rambla, and gape at the outstanding Gaudi architecture. Barcelona will be the summer of your life!

• Many opportunities for cultural exploration and hands-on activities
  • Spanish classes tailored to your proficiency, whether beginner or advanced
  • Classes taught in both English and Spanish
  • Homestay option with a local family
  • Intensive courses to gain six credits in one session

Xavier

The Student Who Wasn't Ready But LOVED Every Moment.

Reasons why I loved my experience with CISabroad:
1) The staff was really personal and kind.
-My advisor was Jackie Langdon and she made sure everything was great before arriving and personally introduced herself in person.
-All of the Onsite Staff made sure all of the students were safe, and mentally well. You can stop to talk with them at any time & If you want to get lunch together or need suggestions.
-Each student is also given a mentor.
2) A plethora of EVENTS INCLUDED!
I attended:
-Hikes
-Guided tours-Muesuems & Towns
-1-2 Catalan-Style Lunch/Dinners together
-Cooking Class
-Trips to Montserrat, Costa Brava, and Girona
3) ALWAYS Something to Do FOR FREE
-I was nervous because I didn't come with much money but CISabroad sent cultural activities for each week and many happened to be free.
-CISabroad helps you live like a local and that's something that you will always remember.

I will truly miss attending Barcelona SIS with CISabroad. Prior to this trip, I had never been out of United States, on a plane, or far from family and friends. I was nervous and excited because everything would be new territory, the staff ensured I would have an amazing time and answered any and all questions I had before arriving in Barcelona. The CISabroad staff made it very easy for me to be prepared and gave ample information and cultural sessions. Upon arriving in Barcelona the staff welcomed me and other students at the airport and instantly I felt like I belonged. The first week I became homesick but the staff, interns, and people in my program quickly made me aware of such an amazing experience I can have in a new place. I hope this helps someone!

I enjoyed every experience and really enjoyed the mentor implementation.
I would've liked the opportunity to know a few of the interns better.
For the academic program and cultural events, everything was well organized and responsive.
Lucas

A Month Too Short In Barcelona

Where to begin? My summer 2017 most memorable moments came from when I studied abroad in Barcelona, the most beautiful and cultural place I have ever been. When I arrived in Spain, I was a little nervous, but mostly thrilled because it was my first time leaving the United States and I was so eager to learn about what the city of Barcelona had to offer. Located in Navas on Avinguda Meridiana, I was in such an eye-opening area. My first day I spent the majority of my time walking around my apartment and getting a good understanding of my surroundings. Soon to find out I was only a twenty minute walk from the famous Sagrada Familia, I knew where I was heading next. Luckily I had a peer from colllege also in Barcelona at the time and we did a lot of traveling together, whether it was visiting Camp Nou or riding the Metro to different cultural spots of the city, we made countless memories. Through CIS, I still have a few friends I made and we catch up til this day which makes me so grateful for this experience. One amazing thing I took from this abroad trip was my professor, Mrs. Eulalia ( I hope I got the spelling right!) She taught me so much in my short time in Barcelona and really opened my eyes to a lot of things about life. Without her, this trip would have been completely different. She taught me so much about the differences between spanish of Latin America and spanish of Spain and also a ton about Barcelona’s unique and ancient history. When I make it back to Spain, which I am 100% certain I will, I am sure I will find my old professor and catch up with un cafe de yelo, my favorite! Barcelona was nothing less than a thrilling and learning experience and I surely made my impact while I was there. If there is anything I can pass along to future participants, it is to not miss this opportunity and travel abroad! The world awaits and will teach you so much about yourself that you never knew was even possible. See you soon Barca!

More time interacting with Professors and Counselors!! More insight!!
Sabrina

Recommendations

I have never been to Spain before and studying abroad there changed my life! I now recommend Barcelona for studies, to all of my friends! I also have met friends there who i am now connected with forever all over the world! I was super excited to see all that was offered in the program. My favorite memory would have to be the Beaches & clubs. The barcelona night life is what i lived for! It was always a fun time, and great experience. I would like to talk a bit about the class i took. I loved it and learned so much, and i loved my professor even more! The program really provides great professors as well as adequate schooling.

Marisa

Summer in Barcelona

Choosing CIS Abroad overall, was a great decision. I was able to learn about the culture especially with the home stay option. The program hosted activities for us to participate in. If I were to change anything, it would be to hold more culture based activities especially for the price one pays for the program. Besides that, the academic scene was nice and I was able to learn both in the classroom and outside the classroom. Overall, I enjoyed the program and would be honored to go back and do it all again. I met many people in this journey that I hope to keep around for a long time and cherish the memories that were made with others met on the program. If I were to give advice to future participants it would be to go with an open mind and to learn and explore new things and new ways of doing. It is very crazy/amazing how studying abroad can open your eyes to all the amazing things this world has to offer.

Best,
Marisa

More culture based activities

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...