Long term Spanish courses in Bilbao (Northern Spain)

For over 19 years, Instituto Hemingway has provided affordable Spanish inmersion Programs all over Spain. Spain is the ideal destination for study and travel.

Bilbao has it all! This multicultural utopia features stunning natural parks, a vibrant nightlife, and unparalleled art, history, and cuisine. Hike the Gorbea. Wallow in the warm waters of the Atlantic Gorge on free tapas. This walkable city makes it easy to experience everything!

• Study Spanish language and culture while you live it in activities such as hiking, cultural events etc.
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Benefit from Bilbao´s well-known, cuisine and beautiful beaches. Surf the Basque Country with locals to see why Bilbao is known as one of the top destinations for surfing in Europe
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone

Fran

The most life changing, and amazing program abroad!!!

Bilbao was such a unique place with a one-of-a-kind culture that you will not find anywhere else. Not only did I discover this, but I also discovered a ton about myself!

I honestly have no complaints about this program or the city of Bilbao. The people are friendly, the city is a whimsical mix of past and present, there is ALWAYS something to do, you are surrounded by beautiful mountains yet a few miles from the coastline, the professors at the university are so much fun... you will find yourself never wanting to leave. Bilbao, and Basque Country in general, comes with its own culture, language, music, and history that you can never really appreciate until you are there to be a part of it. Before coming here, I didn't even know this subculture existed. It's an amazing thing to accidentally stumble upon! I'm so glad I did. If you want to study in Spain but don't want to go to a major metropolitan city, Bilbao is the place to go.

Teachers are patient, understanding, and challenging. They understand that while you are there to learn, you are also in a foreign country, experiencing so many things not just inside the classroom. Make a fool of yourself when practicing the language. Make mistakes, put yourself out there, and talk as much as you can. That is the best way to learn!

This program was a great expirence for myself and my peers. We had a lot of fun travelling around. Our teachers were great to us and we got to know a lot of them personally. I have been recommending this program since I've been back in hopes that more students have the same experiences as us.
Alexandra

Fluent in Spanish in 6 months!!

Studying at Instituto Hemingway was a great experience. The class sizes were small and the teachers were all very encouraging and friendly. Every other Friday, they organized a dinner with all students . We also got to do some tours so it was a great way to see the city! My Spanish definitely improved and nowadays and I am fluent due to this long-term course and I would really recommend Instituto Hemingway to anyone looking for a language school.

My housing was very good in every way. The apartment of the School was located in a very nice neighborhood and I had truly nice roommates. At first I thought my level was just right for me, but after a while I felt like maybe I should have changed my level to the next one. However, I wasn't sure so I stayed in the same group and changed a little too late. Still, I enjoyed my stay very much and the fact that I stayed in the easier group for a bit too long did not bother me. I liked my teachers and made plenty of new friends.

I think I would prefer teachers who speak perfect English but on the other side I think it is better to have native Spanish teachers

About Instituto Hemingway

Our Spanish School offers Spanish courses in Bilbao and other cities in Spain with excellent reviews all year round starting from one week on, internships in culinary arts in Spain , jobs in hospitality management in Spain, Spanish courses online and...