Spanish Course for Seniors in Northern Spain: 50 and Above

This special course is designed for senior students, aged 50 and up, who not only want to improve their Spanish level, but also want to spend a pleasant and cultural vacation in Spain.

There are 20 classes per week in this program that are with a maximum of 10 people per class. Such small class sizes enable the teacher to dedicate more time individually to students and therefore incorporate their needs into the class content. The course emphasis is firmly placed on communication skills and the topics covered by our qualified teachers get everyone talking and make the lessons much more enjoyable, productive and interesting.

At Instituto Hemingway, we know that our 50+ students are looking for much more than just learning Spanish. They want to have a wonderful time, taste the delicacies of the Spanish cuisine, explore Bilbao and discover the secrets of Spanish culture.

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Available to all levels, from beginners to advanced
  • Start dates any Monday throughout the year
  • Accommodation ranging from: Host family, Shared apartment, Student Residence or Private apartment

Peter

Awesome experience

The school, housing and most activities were close by in the center of town. My host family was very gracious and took the time to talk with me daily and allowed me to experience the great food of Spain. Fresh fruits, vegetables, pintxos and much more.

The school was in an older building with teachers who challenged me to converse, read, write, listen and learn the grammar, history and culture of Northern Spain. There was time for short trips on the weekend and there was always something new to explore. Overall a great experience.

The teachers were really professional and prepared, but also very approachable and friendly. The school is located in a great central location in the city and close to the accommodation provided. I liked the idea of the social evenings to get to know students and professors, and to practice the language in an informal way.

I think there should be more students. There were 4 people in my class but I guess that is due to not being a popular destination yet.
Andrew

Spanish course for Seniors

An excellent course to improve my Spanish so I can enjoy my life in Spain more. I can talk to Spanish people in the Health Centre, the hospital, the bank, shops and restaurants. Thank you. I have recommended to friends and would love to do another course. I like this course because they use different interactive methods to teach and it is very interesting. Presentation is clear and understandable. All subjects and conversations are important and useful in everyday life. I wish they would do next level course as well.
These courses are a good start. I know more Spanish now than I did when I started (I also find it useful to repeat the course after a few months rest). It does bother me, however, that interpreting written Spanish is quite a deal easier than translating from English. Speaking it is even harder and good luck trying to understand the Spanish when they speak. In English, if you slur words together it's a considered a sign of intellectual inferiority. Not so in Spanish, it would appear.

This program was fantastic and I enjoyed very much. It could be improved in the outdoor activities programmed. It could be more focused in cultural aspects rather than leisure activities but tution and methodology was top quality.

About Instituto Hemingway

Our Spanish School offers Spanish courses in Bilbao and other cities in Spain with excellent reviews all year round starting from one week on, internships in culinary arts in Spain , jobs in hospitality management in Spain, Spanish courses online and...