CIEE Business + Culture in Barcelona, Spain

CIEE Business + Culture in Barcelona, Spain

In an increasingly globalized economy, international experience and understanding of foreign markets and practices is essential. Advance your Spanish language skills while pursuing a degree in Business in the dynamic capital of Catalonia.

Through a partnership with ESCI school of business, you’ll explore issues related to business within the context of Spain and the European Union in classes with local students, taught in English or in Spanish. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced level Spanish student, studying abroad in Barcelona offers you challenging coursework, homestays, company visits, internship opportunities, and a variety of cultural excursions and activities that give you insight into international business and a unique intercultural experience.

Study abroad in Barcelona and you will:

- Learn Spanish, or build on the language skills you already have

- Take classes with local students at a reputable business school

Cultural Studies
European Studies
International Business
Letters of Recommendation
The program fee includes:

- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits

CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.

Best experience a student can have

My time in Barcelona was incredibly valuable to my social, academic, and cultural development. Classes are challenging and thought provoking without inhibiting fun and exploration. The city of Barcelona is beautiful and full of extremely kind people. The staff at CIEE were helpful and supportive. The immersion in the Spanish culture is invaluable. You will leave this trip with an immense level of confidence in your abilities to push your comfort zone. I wish I could have done 3 semesters in Barcelona through CIEE!

Barcelona, Great--- Ciee, not great

I loved Barcelona; everything about the city was what I truly wanted within my study abroad experience. However my experience was lessened by the academic setting of CIEE. For example, I took classes both in Spanish and in English. Classes such as marketing, (that I was taking in English), had powerpoint slides alternating between both Spanish and English. Luckily I had enough Spanish experience to be able to decode, but many students had trouble translating business terms from Spanish to English. Additionally, the classes at ESCi were horrible; you can ask ANY student in our program, not one was satisfied with their class at ESCi.

No, I don't recommend

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...