CIEE Business + Culture in Barcelona, Spain

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, CIEE has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Improve your Spanish language skills and boost your cultural knowledge while studying international business in the capital of Catalonia. Choose from courses in English at CIEE Barcelona and CIEE’s partner schools, Escola Superior de Comerc Internacional (ESCI) or Universitat de Vic (UVic), while immersing yourself in Barcelona’s culture, history, and community. CIEE Barcelona is located in downtown Barcelona, near the city’s main square. Both ESCI and UVic are just 15 minutes from CIEE. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.

• EXPLORE the region of Catalonia and surrounding provinces with exciting daytrips.
  • LIVE with a Spanish family and immerse yourself in local culture.
  • TAKE FIELD TRIPS to monuments and guided tours of the city.

Updated refund & cancellation policy for flexible, secure booking due to COVID-19

In the unusual event CIEE has to cancel your summer ’20, fall '20, January '21, or spring '21 study abroad or internship program due to a health, safety, or security concern, you’re covered with Program Assurance Advantage.

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Olivia

CIEE Barcelona Review

I had so much fun during my semester abroad in Barcelona! I was able to take courses that met requirements for my majors; I took one of them at ESCI, a host institution, and the other 4 at CIEE. Barcelona has so many things to offer - I found something new each day that I explored around, and I never had a chance to be bored. When studying abroad, you also have the chance to travel A LOT. I'm glad I made the most of my time there and visited a bunch of other cities and countries! CIEE also offered some cool excursions, and I met a bunch of students from around the world. I'm very happy I had this opportunity and am already planning my trip back there!

Make sure to take lots of time to explore the city of Barcelona - there's so much more to find than you'd expect!
Jack

Best experience a student can have

My time in Barcelona was incredibly valuable to my social, academic, and cultural development. Classes are challenging and thought provoking without inhibiting fun and exploration. The city of Barcelona is beautiful and full of extremely kind people. The staff at CIEE were helpful and supportive. The immersion in the Spanish culture is invaluable. You will leave this trip with an immense level of confidence in your abilities to push your comfort zone. I wish I could have done 3 semesters in Barcelona through CIEE!

nsimonds
No, I don't recommend this program

Barcelona, Great--- Ciee, not great

I loved Barcelona; everything about the city was what I truly wanted within my study abroad experience. However my experience was lessened by the academic setting of CIEE. For example, I took classes both in Spanish and in English. Classes such as marketing, (that I was taking in English), had powerpoint slides alternating between both Spanish and English. Luckily I had enough Spanish experience to be able to decode, but many students had trouble translating business terms from Spanish to English. Additionally, the classes at ESCi were horrible; you can ask ANY student in our program, not one was satisfied with their class at ESCi.