CIEE Summer Language + Culture in Barcelona, Spain

Whether you’re looking to begin your study of Spanish, or you’re an intermediate student ready to take your Spanish proficiency to the next level, come spend your summer in vibrant Barcelona.

Summer study abroad in Barcelona offers you two tracks of study. The seven-week program is designed for students looking to improve their language skills and take content courses in Spanish or English. Students interested in beginning their study of Spanish, or studying about an aspect of Spanish culture in English, can take one or two three-week sessions. In both cases, a wide selection of challenging courses, homestays, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions provide you with a unique academic and intercultural experience abroad.

Study abroad in Barcelona and you’ll:

- Improve your Spanish language skills through courses at all levels

- Live with a Spanish family or in a student residencia

Victoria

¡Vida en España!

My trip to Spain was absolutely unforgettable. I stayed in a residencia in Barcelona which was reasonably comfortable and had a beautiful view! During this month long trip, I was able to get out of my comfort zone, travel, meet new people and become familiar with other languages and cultures. I plan to be an immigration lawyer and believe what I have learned and witnessed will benefit me in the future. Everyone I came in contact with in the program were extremely welcoming and friendly. It was admirable to me that all of the staff seemed to be excited and passionate about their jobs. Overall, I loved everything about my experience. The excursions were my favorite. I absolutely adored the sights! This experience was totally worth it!

I think having the orientation on the same day of arrival was a bit tiring. It would be best to have it the next day so that the students can rest off the jet lag.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...