This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CIEE.
CIEE Business, Economics + Culture in Madrid, Spain

CIEE Business, Economics + Culture in Madrid, Spain

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CIEE.

Boasting the third largest GDP in the European Union, significant economic output, high living standards, and market size, Madrid is the perfect site to pursue your interests in business and economics abroad.

CIEE study abroad in Spain offers highly motivated students with an interest in business and/or economics the opportunity to further develop their Spanish language skills, while pursuing a co-curricular program within their field of expertise. This is achieved through a Spanish language course, an elective with a Spanish or European focus, an optional internship, and a series of direct enroll elective courses at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M).

International Business
Letters of Recommendation
The program fee includes:

- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits

CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.

orange trees

Changing Your Worldview

There is no such thing as a typical abroad experience. As a college junior, I decided to do course work in Madrid, Spain and gained a cross cultural understanding that will last a life time. Many college students who study abroad visit Europe. Europe is in fact part of the Western world. My time in Spain does share similarities to other university students who visit Europe: being in a new place, trying new food, learning a foreign language. However, what I hope to be our greatest similarity is an expanded worldview and new appreciation for other cultures. There is no such thing as a typical abroad experience, but many instances abroad shape students to come to the same realization: the world is much bigger than it seems. This program helped me feel comfortable in other city in a way I did not think was possible, Madrid felt like my home.

The only critique I would have for this program was to help the students on the program spend more time with each other. The program gives students the freedom to make Spanish friends or other European friends. However, I wish there was more connection with the other CIEE students.

I love CIEE Madrid

My time with CIEE Madrid was amazing! From before I left the States to when I made to Madrid, it was smooth sailing. The Director and staff made themselves available to answer all my questions and ensure the transition was smooth. While I was in Madrid they offered lots of assistance for the classes and made recommendations for things I should try out in Madrid (& they never steered me wrong). I had such a wonderful time in Madrid, I hope to return one day and live there for a few more months. Thanks CIEE Madrid for making such a positive and lasting impact!

I honestly think the program is great! The classes were challenging and there was lots of time to explore the city, the country and Europe! There's nothing else I could've asked for.

About CIEE

A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international study and exchange programs. For 65 years, CIEE has helped thousands of students, professionals, and educators gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and...