CIEE Business, Economics + Culture in Madrid, Spain

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CIEE.

Metropol Parasol, Spain
Metropol Parasol, Spain
orange trees, Seville, Spain
orange trees, Seville, Spain
CIEE Study Abroad (Madrid, Spain)

Boasting the third largest GDP in the European Union, significant economic output, high living standards, and market size, Madrid is the perfect site to pursue your interests in business and economics abroad.

CIEE study abroad in Spain offers highly motivated students with an interest in business and/or economics the opportunity to further develop their Spanish language skills, while pursuing a co-curricular program within their field of expertise. This is achieved through a Spanish language course, an elective with a Spanish or European focus, an optional internship, and a series of direct enroll elective courses at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M).

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

orange trees
Kate

Changing Your Worldview

There is no such thing as a typical abroad experience. As a college junior, I decided to do course work in Madrid, Spain and gained a cross cultural understanding that will last a life time. Many college students who study abroad visit Europe. Europe is in fact part of the Western world. My time in Spain does share similarities to other university students who visit Europe: being in a new place, trying new food, learning a foreign language. However, what I hope to be our greatest similarity is an expanded worldview and new appreciation for other cultures. There is no such thing as a typical abroad experience, but many instances abroad shape students to come to the same realization: the world is much bigger than it seems. This program helped me feel comfortable in other city in a way I did not think was possible, Madrid felt like my home.

The only critique I would have for this program was to help the students on the program spend more time with each other. The program gives students the freedom to make Spanish friends or other European friends. However, I wish there was more connection with the other CIEE students.
Dana

I love CIEE Madrid

My time with CIEE Madrid was amazing! From before I left the States to when I made to Madrid, it was smooth sailing. The Director and staff made themselves available to answer all my questions and ensure the transition was smooth. While I was in Madrid they offered lots of assistance for the classes and made recommendations for things I should try out in Madrid (& they never steered me wrong). I had such a wonderful time in Madrid, I hope to return one day and live there for a few more months. Thanks CIEE Madrid for making such a positive and lasting impact!

I honestly think the program is great! The classes were challenging and there was lots of time to explore the city, the country and Europe! There's nothing else I could've asked for.