• Spain

Program Details

High School Diploma
Apartment Host Family

Pricing

AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Some Meals Travel Insurance
What's Included (Extra)

Round trip flights and airport transfers included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

Aug 14, 2019
Oct 03, 2013
2 travelers are looking at this program

Spend your summer in the picturesque city of Salamanca with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 11 credits studying at the University of Salamanca. Courses are taught in English and Spanish, for both beginner and intermediate or above levels of Spanish.
Live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, live in a shared or single room apartment. Homestay students are provided 3 meals a day; apartment students receive a meal allowance.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, museum visits, tapas tours, and Flamenco performances. Cultural excursions are also included in your program fee and may include day trips to Avila, Mogarraz, La Alberca and Riomalo, and even Portugal.
An optional 4-day excursion to Morocco is also available for Sessions 2, 3 and Combined session students. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.

Program Highlights

• Transcripts issued by the University of Salamanca
  • Day trips to locations like Avila, Mogarraz, La Alberca and Riomalo, and Portugal
  • Spanish cooking classes and tapas tours

Catie

AIFS Summer Study Abroad in Salamanca

I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed living with a host family. I felt that AIFS really made the best accommodations for me as far as travel and living arrangements. Our AIFS program coordinators made themselves so available to us as students and provided detailed step-by-step instructions for everything we needed to know. They guided us with the process of getting around the city of Salamanca, safety procedures in the city, and they arranged entertaining excursions for us to participate in such as tapas tours, a cooking session, and a horseback riding adventure! While at first I was a little homesick and it was difficult to acclimate to a completely new country, AIFS really provided me with all the help and advice in starting my life in Salamanca. The coordinators always left their office open for us to come in with any issues concerning us and we received their cell phone numbers as well. Overall the whole experience for me was great and my host mother was an amazing fit for me. She was maternal, welcoming, and patient with me as I attempted to learn the culture and language. While my host mother's house was in a safe area, there were other students in my program who were not placed in the safest of areas. This was one thing I noted that could be improved upon for future programs.

The only thing I had difficulty with was the academic placement test upon arriving at the university. I felt that it was very difficult to switch levels if you felt that the placement test didn't appropriately reflect the level of Spanish you should have been in.
Read my full story