IES Abroad Barcelona: Language & Area Studies

The IES Abroad Barcelona Language & Area Studies Summer Program is designed for students who want to study abroad in Spain and experience contemporary Spanish culture from the Catalonian perspective in a challenging academic environment. Language courses develop your written and oral proficiency in Castilian Spanish and area studies courses provide an excellent opportunity to learn about modern Spain in the larger context of the European Union. Courses are available in both Spanish and English.

Matt

IES Abroad Barcelona Review

Studying abroad is undoubtedly one of the best experiences I have had while in college. From the beginning, it was important to me that I find a program that would provide a solid academic foundation, while enabling me to immerse myself in the culture of my host country. IES exceeded these expectations. My classes were rigorous, yet not overbearing. My professors were intelligent but helpful, and the administration constantly had the best interests of the students at heart. The living amenities provided were of good quality, and made adjusting to being in a foreign country very easy. I immediately felt at home in my apartment provided by IES.
Being in a city like Barcelona, where so many cultural activities and events are occurring, I really tried to explore and do things that I would not have the opportunity to do in the United States. Through course excursions, as well as program trips (such as the one to Tarragona), I was able to immerse myself in Spanish culture and make memories that will last a lifetime. I highly recommend IES to students that wish to study abroad in the future.

The improvements I suggest are more help in finding students phones while abroad. Though I was able to accomplish this pretty easily myself, I know that some of my classmates struggled initially in finding a working cell phone while in Spain.

About IES Abroad

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student...