- Trinidad and Tobago
View Other Details
-Tuition & Fees
-Cultural and University Orientation
-On-Site Resident Director Support
-Official Overseas Transcript
-International Health and Evacuation Insurance
-Amizade Study Abroad support services before, during, and after the program
Trinidad and Tobago is the most southern Caribbean nation positioned off the northern edge of South America. The city of St. Augustine in Trinidad is the birthplace of soca and calypso music as well as the steel pan. It’s also home to the largest Caribbean carnival which showcases the country’s creativity and talent as participants wear extravagant handmade costumes and dance in the streets for hours. As a BCA student, you can learn about the significance of carnival through courses and activities at the university. You can also join in on campus activities and clubs, or volunteer in the local community to further connect with local people.
The University of the West Indies (UWI) offers world-class accredited academic programs. The campus provides modern teaching and learning centers with committed lecturers who are highly accessible to you. As a native of Trinidad, your Amizade St. Augustine Resident Director is the perfect cultural guide for your semester abroad.
- Live and study in a place known for its religious tolerance and multiculturalism in the Caribbean country of Trinidad and Tobago – often called the “Rainbow Country” in part due to the ethnic mix of Trinbagonians.
- Connect with local organizations or non-governmental organizations focused on disability services, the environment or gender and women’s rights by volunteering during your time in Trinidad.
- Gain a fresh perspective and experience a different teaching style at the University of West Indies, St. Augustine, which offers more than 300 accredited programs across 24 schools, centers and institutes.
- Travel to the autonomous island of Tobago on the BCA excursion. Tobago is known for its wide, sandy beaches and biodiverse tropical rainforest.
- Live in an internationally recognized bird and turtle watching mecca and hike past beautiful beaches, waterfalls, and rivers.