SIT Uganda and Rwanda: Peace and Conflict Studies

Examine the root causes of conflict and critically examine measures to foster resettlement and reconciliation in Uganda and Rwanda.

This groundbreaking study abroad program, offered during the summer, engages students with academicians and NGO communities in the Lake Victoria Basin. Students experience two homestays (one in each country), as well as multiple educational excursions to carefully selected sites, including rural resettling communities in northern Uganda and genocide memorials in Rwanda.

Please visit our website for more information by clicking on "Visit Site" above!

arburkholder

Amazing Experience

This program is a definite must for those would are interested in conflict restoration and peace building. We stayed with local families, increasing our cultural exposure. The program staff is also extremely helpful and attentive. There are lots of opportunities to explore the cities and meet people. Life-changing, great experience.

If I could change one thing, it would be to increase the length of the program. I wish I had more time to spend in cities that I loved so much. If you have the ability and the passion, the semester program might be the best answer!

About SIT Study Abroad

SIT has been providing immersive, field-based study abroad programs for undergraduates for more than 50 years. SIT offers more than 70 programs in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East, as well as comparative programs in...