Liberal Arts in London

The London Centre offers multi-disciplinary courses in the liberal arts and humanities. Each course places an important emphasis on experiential learning, transforming the entire city of London into your classroom by incorporating several local outings and excursions. Courses take advantage of the world class galleries and museums like the National Portrait Gallery, Tate Modern, the Cabinet War Rooms, the Churchill Museums and, of course, the British Museum, which is just a short walk from the GEO London Centre. Each term, students have the opportunity to experience London’s rich theater options, from the West End productions to smaller, fringe productions with big name actors like Sir Ian McKellen, Dame Judi Dench and Sir Patrick Stewart, as well as younger stars like David Tennant and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Ella

Spring Semester in London

I had a wonderful time in London last spring. The program was incredible and we got to go all over the UK on excursions with the tutors. While classes and group outings were great, the best part of my study abroad was definitely the internship. I was doing work that has helped to build my professional portfolio and will eventually be a huge asset when I begin applying for jobs!
Also, London was an amazing place to spend a few months and I am counting down the days until I can go back! This was the perfect program, very well located, with great tutors and an even better schedule of events.

The housing could be more centrally located, but because cost of living in London is so expensive I can see why the program houses students outside of zone 4.
Madison

London Liberal Arts

I loved my experience with GEO London. One of my favorite memories was seeing Hamlet at the Globe Theatre on Shakespeare's 400th birthday/day of his death.

Our entire class went to see the performance together. We stood in the Yard, which made us feel like were truly living in Shakespeare's time. The theatre's atmosphere was so energetic and lively. The production had just returned from a year long world tour. They had just returned to London and were preforming for the first time. The actors acted with such passion and enthusiasm, despite having preformed the play dozens of times.

After the performance, I left the theatre energized and glowing with happiness. I felt so lucky to be able to experience such a historical moment in the birthplace of Shakespeare. It is a memory I will never forget.

Nothing, I enjoyed every moment!

About GEO Study Abroad

At Global Education Oregon, we create pathways to international, experiential learning for students, faculty, and university partners. Founded on the belief that international engagement is integral to developing global citizens, we prepare students...