Genius of Study Abroad: Revolutionary Imagination

This is a course of active, activist global learning that considers the interactive international and interdisciplinary aspects of creativity in revolutionary imagination as seen in movements in architecture, landscape, arts, science and technology, and legislation on human rights and equality on both sides of the Channel. In Dublin, London, Oxford, and Paris, you will retrace the literal and intellectual paths of people who developed new ways to conceive and express our world, and live in it. As it turns out, these paths entailed “study abroad,” crossing borders in imagination and fact, much like the figures in Charles Dickens’s A Tale of Two Cities, whose work gives our course its name and theme.

Franklin

Terrific study abroad program — applicable to any major or field of study

The Genius of Study Abroad: Revolutionary Imagination program was an enriching and enlightening experience for me. Dr. Mossberg is a master of creating a class that, while applicable to all students, feels unique for each individual student. I enjoyed the setup of one city per week, especially since I had never been to Europe before. If someone is looking for a more immersive, longer stay in one location this is not the program for you. One thing the program could improve is the housing situation — at certain hostels six students would stay in a room built for four people. All in all, the Revolutionary Imagination program was one of the highlights of my college experience.

About GEO Study Abroad

At Global Education Oregon, we create pathways to international, experiential learning for students, faculty, and university partners. Founded on the belief that international engagement is integral to developing global citizens, we prepare students...