theMSAG Medicine Summer School Program | 16+

the-msag-summer-school
the-msag-summer-school

For students who dream to be tomorrow's doctors, theMSAG’s Medical School Summer Program is where you need to head this summer!

Over the two weeks, learn in a safe, inspiring location of the Oratory School (famous UK boarding school) with trained qualified doctors on site to help you discover more about the world of Medicine. You’ll receive the most comprehensive preparation for Medical School that theMSAG has to offer, including admissions counselling, one-to-one personal statement prep, one-to-one consulting and strategy with Dr Dibah Jiva, complete UCAT and BMAT courses and interview experience.

Make friends, boost your confidence, and get prepared for university life! Get in touch for theMSAG summer school.

• Clinical skills - Before you even submit your medical school application, we’ll give you an idea of what it’s REALLY like to be a medical school student or doctor and practice your newly learned skills on real patients.
  • Admissions preparation - Start preparing for the UCAT/BMAT; write your personal statement; get in the hot seat for interview practice
  • Mentoring - Opportunities to work one to one with Dr Dibah Jiva, leading expert in UK Medical School applications
  • Team Research Project - a great opportunity to learn more about research, improve your public speaking skills and bolster your CV
  • Social and cultural experiences every day - with state-of-the-art sporting facilities, a trip to the Body Worlds exhibit and expeditions to Oxford and London, your unique adventure starts here!

Mazin

theMSAG Summer School

When I first started my journey into medicine, I really had no clue what I was doing. Admissions seemed daunting and I felt like I was walking in blind. So when I first heard of the MSAG program, I was excited that there was something out there that could nudge me in the right direction.

I'm glad to say, the MSAG didn't just nudge me, it set me straight and with the help of the wonderful people who work there, I was able to not only better understand the complicated admissions processes and work on strengthening my application, but I was able to gain a better comprehension of what it means to be a doctor. I got to first hand learn how doctors approach cases and really appreciate just how much work goes into it, from an actual doctor.

The tutorials we received on interview technique, on diagnoses and triage, on ethics and logistics all played integral roles in my medical applications. Personally, I found the tips we got for personal statements to be a life saver.

Fun was the last thing I expected to find on a medical prep course, but there was that in spades as well! The practical skills we learned like suturing were really enjoyable and the group activities were always a laugh. It's quite nice working alongside other young, like-minded, motivated individuals and it helped me see admissions as less something to dread, but more as a another challenge, ready to be overcome. The MSAG helped give me the tools to overcome this challenge and I'm very glad that I was fortunate enough to attend.

Reshma

theMSAG Summer School

I thoroughly recommend theMSAG Summer School to anyone looking toward a medical career.
I had a fantastic time and learned a variety of clinical skills during the first few days such as carrying out patient assessments, using a stethoscope to examine lung sounds and looking at spirometry in the Respiratory Clinic. We also learnt how to assess blood pressure manually, which is much more difficult than it may seem. Throughout, we were given loads of tips and tricks that helped with my application and that definitely made me a much stronger candidate for a place at university. I found the support network to be great, I felt comfortable asking questions and those teaching on the course were clearly extremely knowledgable about the entire process.
I found theMSAG Summer School to be very useful in thinking about actually applying for a medical career, we were given guidance on work experience placements, course structures and personal statements through a series of fun workshops. As well as this, being taught and looked after by medical professionals we were able to gain more insight into the life of a doctor and we were actually taught basic suturing techniques, which was great.
Overall, I had a incredible experience with theMSAG and would urge anyone thinking about medicine to take part. As well as learning new and very useful clinical skills, I found out so much helpful information about the admissions process and things like UCAT and BMAT that I wasn't told about at school. I met some great people, explored the city and made plenty of friends along the way.

About The Medical School Application Guide

The Medical School Summer School is led by Doctors Zhang, Mandavia and Jiva - or Fei, Ash and Dibah, respectively. These three, plus the rest of the theMSAG team, have vast expertise about all UK medical schools - considering they quite literally...