Winter One 2018: London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, Amsterdam

Visit 5 countries in 16 days! Winter One is perfect for undergraduate and graduate students who are looking to gain international business experience while setting themselves apart in the workforce after graduation. Students will learn about the culture, customs, and international business practices used in a variety of European cities. Most importantly, students will observe how business practices differentiate between each country visited and the United States.

International Business Seminars (IBS) programs provide a variety of unique opportunities:

Network with business executives by visiting global companies to learn about how business is conducted and the challenges that come from running a multi-national organization.

Gain a competitive advantage for your career.

Earn university credit while applying the knowledge you've learned in the classroom to real-life business settings.

Experience some of the world's most well-known attractions and destinations.

Sarah

Experience of a Lifetime

This past winter break I attended the Europe One seminar which was definitely one of the highlights of my college experience. During the two-week seminar I embraced the opportunity of a lifetime to network, learn, and explore 5 beautiful cities with other students and mentors from all over the country. During the trip I traveled to London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam which are all places I would love to go back to in the future. I learned numerous things from my experience abroad that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I learned how to navigate through foreign public transportation systems with nothing but a map. I learned how to communicate with local people that did not speak my language. I learned a lot about different cultures and that things that seem normal to me are often unusual for others. I gained insight on global businesses and learned in depth what it takes to work internationally. This experience was extremely worthwhile and I hope to participate in another abroad trip with IBS in the future.
Overall, this journey made me realize how passionate I truly am about international business which is part of the reason I will be pursuing a career globally when I graduate.

Same amount of time in each location.
Taylor

Life Changing Experience!

Before this trip, I never studied abroad before and when someone came talk to us in class about an opportunity to study abroad, earn college credit, and do it in a matter of a little bit over two weeks, I got extremely excited. This trip overall was an experience of a lifetime that I will cherish forever. I went on the Winter One trip in 2017-2018 winter break. I went to London, Paris, Geneva, Heidelberg, and Amsterdam. I spent about 16 days in all of these places combined. In a normal study abroad program, it's an entire semester in one place but this program allows you to study in 5 different countries in such a short period and earn that credit for college. I learned a lot on this trip about how businesses operate and how the people in each of these cities live and work.

This program needs to be improved on how the trip is organized in each city.

About International Business Seminars

Since 1976, International Business Seminars (IBS) has operated over 570 individual seminars taking more than 25,000 students to Europe and Asia on an experiential learning experience that has its focus outside of the classroom, unlike many other...