Study abroad/Faculty-Led Program in Vietnam with ABROADER

ABROADER has been working closely with foreign universities from different countries to organize short-term study abroad programs in Vietnam for their students. That does not only help internationalize their campuses but also create and nurture future leaders with cultural understanding and a more global mindset. With a large network of partner institutions and service providers across Vietnam, we are confident to collaborate and provide foreign universities and colleges with rich customized programs that will inspire their students as well as meet their academic and other institutional goals and needs.

Beside the affordability and reliability of our services, ABROADER also boasts “LOCAL INVOLVEMENT” as a unique component of any program that we design.

• Affordable program fees accomodation included and based on institutions’ schedule and budget.
  • Unique Local Buddy System & on-site Program Coordinator providing participants with culture integration and 24/7 support
  • Customization of study program.
  • Practical learning experience for your students via customized tours and site visits.

Timothy

3440 Study tour

What a trip, from day one right until the finish every day was something new. Facilitated by the local buddies and our dedicated, hard-working program coordinator Duy, our experience abroad was invaluable and allowed us to experience Vietnam and its culture in a way that would have definitely been impossible without them.
Industry visits were super interesting and something which never occurs when studying courses 'traditionally'. These definitely gave me an insight into how and where I might be applying my trade upon graduation.

Overall the trip was quite affordable too, especially considering we were away for a whole month. This was an unforgettable experience and I would recommend this type of program to anyone for which it is available.

Be ready just in case you have a really good time or make good friends along the way.
Jared

An amazing experience in Vietnam/Singapore

The study tour was a fantastic program full of cultural and fun experiences in both Vietnam and Singapore. Before the trip both of these places had been on my travel list, so when the opportunity for this trip came up I couldn't say no and I'm so glad that I did it. The buddies, the people I travelled with and the organisers made the trip even better. Industries in both countries were super helpful and our visits to these factories was one of the highlights. Networking with these companies, the food , cultural exposure, the people and the organisers made it a beautiful way to study our university course!! Thank you!!!!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Definitely chicken feet! Sugar cane drinks were also unusual but they tasted awesome!
Calen

One of the best months of my life!

Before I left for this trip, I could not help but feel nervous. It was my first time travelling overseas and I was about to leave my home country for ~one month. I did not know what to expect from Vietnam/Singapore, the people I was travelling with, or the countless people I would meet overseas.

Since the very first moment that I arrived the local buddies welcomed me with open arms. The entirety of the group that I came over with also bonded so much quicker than I thought possible. From the start we were exploring Ho Chi Minh City, while introducing ourselves to the locals and the nightlife.

All the activities on the trip were great and we were all kept busy. This was a really big positive in my opinion as, had a tentative schedule have not been organised, it may have become easy to 'waste' a day or more relaxing. That being said, there were some free days designated throughout the trip should you wish to catch up on some sleep ;). The industry visits provided real-world experience and foresight into our future careers. The field trips gave us a new insight into a rich, deep culture, and the Abroader organised parties were heaps of fun... They usually ended up turning into a very late night as well.

During the trip I always felt safe thanks to the local buddies and our program coordinator. Provided you use a little bit of travelling smarts I cannot see any problems that should arise on your trip. Each and every one of the local buddies, (our coordinator included), were so kind and caring. You should really give it your best effort to open up and engage with each of them. They are all such great and unique people and provide the best way to truly immerse yourself in the adventure. Furthermore, they are so selfless and are always able to provide advice or help you out with literally anything. You have a golden opportunity to make some truly long-lasting friendships.

Both Vietnam and Singapore themselves were amazing countries to visit. There is an aura about both that gives you the feeling that something is always happening. Particularly in Vietnam, most local places are open at almost all hours of the day and deep into the night. However, this never left me feeling as though the cities we visited were too busy. Being in a largish group of good friends and exploring was completely fun and relaxing too. The visits to more discrete locations were also beautiful and completely peaceful. Finally, the local civilians were so kind, welcoming and genuinely happy that we were experiencing their culture and lifestyle.

Now that the trip is over all I can think about is how I wish it had gone for longer. How I wish I had extended my trip even further, and how I am already planning to meet with the friends I have made on this journey for further travel.

So, if you are worried or nervous about any parts of this trip, all I can say is that it truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. There are so many friends and stories to be made. Get out there, take every opportunity you can, don't overthink it and just do it!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Pig intestine from a nearby street food market. Fried on a street-side grill and covered in a bright chilli sauce. Best single bite of food on the entire trip!
Nicholas

ENGG3440 Vietnam/Singapore Study Tour

The study tour was a great was to experience Vietnam. The academic industry visits provided insights into how the manufacturing industry operates in SE Asia, relevant to our engineering course on Control Systems. Then many cultural experiences helped out understanding of the Vietnamese people and how the modern country has been shaped through the conflicts of the 20th century. Visiting the Mekong Delta was a highlight of the trip, living at a homestead and preparing/cooking a tradition Vietnamese meal was amazing. Overall the local buddies that helped us on our trip were amazing, providing us an insight into Vietnam through the eyes of other young adults

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Chicken feet! They were slimey and very boney, a good cultural experience.
Baillie

Best experience

The local buddies were amazing!! Such a wonderful experience!!
I would recommend to everyone, even if you don’t know anyone else. Was such a great time meeting new people and exploring a culture that was so welcoming.
Due to the local buddies we got to experience the local side of Vietnam and all the places the average tourist won’t get to see.
I also know my class mates at lot better. I have made connections with industry professionals that will stay with me after I graduate.
Loved it!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay

ENGG3440 Study Tour

Having the buddies there showing us where the locals go and translating things for us and just generally hanging out with us really made the trip for me. Something small like booking a soccer field for us to have a muck-around game was really well received but we wouldn't have been able to do that without the local buddies. The buddies really understood us and what we enjoy doing and catered for us throughout the trip. Even when we went across the country, out buddies from Saigon put us in touch with some more buddies in Da Nang. We were taken to some amazing local restaurants and food stalls, some historical monuments and even went on a weekend retreat away to the Mekong. The local buddies also gave us introductory language and local customs lessons at the start of the tour which was extremely useful.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would probably try and learn more of the local language
Mitchell

Study Tour

Study tour abroad to Vietnam was a unique and excellent experience. The expertise and knowledge from our Lecturer James Welsh was second to none, our tutors Roxy & Phuong were great assets for delivering content.
Local experience and activities were culturally enriching as we had local buddies take us to both tourist attractions as well as more local hot spots around Vietnam.

Get to know your local buddies, go out experience what Vietnam has to offer
Matt

2019 University of Newcastle Study Tour

Overall this experience was life-changing. The local buddies were fantastic and I hope that I have made friends that I can stay in contact with for life.
Having a local buddy for each pair of us students was great and gave the opportunity for use to really get to know them if we wanted to make the effort.
Our local program coordinator was fantastic, a great facilitator and made the whole thing quite effortless. We had several local industry factory tours and a few times she had to step in as a translator and was able to pass on the information without a hitch.
I loved the program and I very much miss the people over there. I hope to visit Vietnam and the friends I've made over there again in the near future. Thank you so much to Abroader for organizing everything.

I would take advantage of the opportunity to spend time getting to know the locals and learning more about the different culture. I felt that many of my classmates didn't take as much opportunity and missed out.