In partnership with NBCC International, GEI facilitates international opportunities for participants to travel to Vietnam to learn about the country’s history, communities and mental health capacities.
The program includes a Mental Health Facilitator (MHF) trainers training with a group of up to 30 international and local participants, led by NBCC-I representatives. Participants then work with their Vietnamese colleagues to conduct an MHF training for a local community. The international participants are selected by NBCC-I.
The MHF program was created by NBCC-I and initially developed in collaboration with the World Health Organization. The program aims to improve mental health access in community settings by providing education on fundamental helping and referral skills. Please visit the MHF website for additional information.
- Learn more about Vietnam history and Vietnamese mental health care.
- Become a registered NBCC-I Mental Health Facilitator trainer and receive a certificate of completion.
- Study together with a multicultural group of participants from Vietnam and abroad.
- Make a contribution to the development of Vietnam’s mental health capacity.
- Explore the country and its people through excursions to national parks, towns and villages.