You’ll spend 5 nights in Hanoi, 4 nights in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), 4 nights in Phnom Penh and 7 nights in Siem Reap. Travel to Vietnam and Cambodia with the AIFS Southeast Asia: History, Conflict and Culture study and travel program! You’ll earn 3 credits through Richmond, The American International University in London. This course is taught in English.
You can live in a twin or triple-bedded room in centrally-located hotels for the duration the program. All breakfasts and a welcome and farewell meal are included.
Cultural and social activities include:
• Visit to Thang Long Royal Citadel
• Vietnamese Water Puppetry show
• Trip to the War Remnants Museum and Chu Chi Tunnels
• Traditional Cambodian cooking class
• Visit to the War Museum and Cambodia Landmine Museum
• Tour of APOPO, an NGO which utilizes “Hero Rats” to detect landmines
• Full-day excursion to Angkor Wat
• Visit to Ton Le Sap Lake and Cambodian Cultural Village.
- Travel to Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Visit two capital cities: Hanoi and Phnom Penh.
- Earn 3 credits and transcript issued by Richmond, the American International University in London.
- Visit the most significant locations of the Vietnam War with accompanying faculty for the duration of the program.
- Transportation by train, plane and private bus between each of the locations.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.