Teacher Link's 4 Week Residential TEFL Course (120 hours)

Teacher Link's 4 Week Residential TEFL Course (120 hours)

By Teacher Link Reviewer Verified Badge   Reviews (44)   96% Rating

Teacher Link's unique TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working knowledge of the different TEFL approaches.

Our teaching practice includes one-on-one sessions with real students, small classes of 4-15 children aged 6-12 or adults, and large classes at poor primary schools in the outskirts of Shanghai with class sizes of up to 50 students. Observed Teaching Practice is the most important component of the program and counts for 50% of your grade.

The total course fee is 1690 USD, including the 600 USD deposit.

Asia » China » Shanghai
120hours
Job Placement
Hotel
$1500.00/week

Hey Douglas, Thank you for your message. A degree is required for your work visa, so if you intend to work in China upon graduating from our program, a degree is required for you to work legally in Ch...
Does the bachelor degree need to be a major in English? Because I have a bachelor degree in behavioural neuroscience, but I would still like to participate in your course. Thanks in advance.
Hey Peter, Thank you for your message. The degree does not have to be in English. We're happy to have you on one of our next courses!

Rating Values

• Job Assistance

Kajan
Switzerland

Awesome Instructors

I had a very good experience with the TEFL course in Shanghai. The instructors are professionals and can help you in any kind of situations. It is a good thing that there are 3 different instructors. You can gain different skills from each of them and they are all very different to each other in the way of teaching. It was a lot of fun my 5 weeks here in Shanghai and I would totally recommend this course to everyone who wants to do the TEFL course in the most professional way possible. You`ll get a lot of teaching practice!

Spotswood
Mars

TEFL in Shanghai

I came into the program with little to no teaching experience and was very nervous due to it but the teachers and trainers in the course helped me get over all of it and feel much more comfortable in my role as a new teacher. The experience I got during the course is invaluable to me and the satisfaction I got from teaching was greater than I thought possible. The program and its members are all among the friendliest and most helpful people I have had the pleasure of learning from. They all have such different teaching methods that it becomes easy to craft your own from their advice and insight. The community outreach program, Stepping Stones, helped me to improve my own teaching ability and I have a great sense of joy from being able to teach such excited students as I met there. It is definitely worth the trip and I will carry the lessons I learned here forward to wherever I go.

The timing of some of the lessons could be changed around to keep from having mass blocks of one subject but other than that I have no improvements to suggest.

Yuncong
Shanghai China

Teaching Nomad TEFL Course

After 7 years at my previous job, I wanted a change in my life. Since teaching always interested me, I decided to give it a go and signed up for the teaching nomad TEFL course and since I started this course, I haven't regretted it a single bit.
The content of the course was mainly focused on the practical side of teaching. One thing I enjoyed the most is the fact that my classmates and I got to experience different types of students and teaching situations. We went teaching in public schools, training centers and even had one on ones. This really helped me decide which teaching directions I felt most comfortable with so I could go on an plan my career.

Pramila
Colchester
Kingston University

went by too quick

I had a lovely time with the program and got to learn so much in such little time. Met lovely people and loved the Shanghai area. Teaching in a public school is definitely a experience I won't forget.
I had lots of practical teaching experience while learning about everything i need to know about teaching. The practical experience is vital and also observing other teachers was a necessity which this course allowed me to do.

Joseph
Griffith University

Awesome experience

This intensive 4 week course was well structured, preparing all trainees for a teaching job overseas. The trainers were very competent, fun and engaging making the intensive side of it something to look forward to. One thing that I particularly liked about Teaching Nomads TEFL structure was the practical experience which gave trainees valuable experience. we completed both one on one lessons and had the chance to teach classes of sizes up to 45 students in a Shanghai public school. Highly recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone considering teaching in China.

Michael
Shanghai, China
DePaul University

Great Experience and Real Preparation

This course is a great way to break into TEFL in China. It's no walk in the park but that's what you should be looking for in TEFL course that will actually prepare you for teaching. You'll get plenty of teaching experience and observation experience too. The instructors are fantastic and the group of people you take it with will also, most likely, be really cool too. If you do well in the course you're also going to fall into a job pretty easily.

More comfortable chairs in the class room.

Claire
Rouen

My first steps as an EFL teacher

This course was very useful to me. I wonder how I could have taught a class without all those tips and plans this training has given me. The teachers were all very proficient, and the 8 hours teaching practice were a big plus. I feel a lot more confident teaching now.
The location of the school was good, quite central. The schedule was not so good though, as most of the classes we taught were evening classes, that meant coming back home quite late. Also the workload (lessons to prepare, chapters to read, portfolio to fill) was a little heavy sometimes.

The 1 month course is very intense. It is not always easy to deal with personal requirements on a daily basis. I would have preferred if it could have been stretched to 5 weeks or even 2 months.

Wan
Taiwan

Best Decision Ever

This was no doubt an intensive course, however, it was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. The course schedule and structure was very well-planned out. The teacher training hours and observation hours were both very helpful , and the feedback sessions were also very useful. The instructors were all very professional, they showed that they cared and that they really wants what's best for us. So I would definitely recommend this program!

Yu

My TEFL Time

I live in Shanghai and I'm a Chinese teacher in Wall Street English. My manager recommended me to have this course because she said that's useful in teaching practice. Actually, it is really cool and I really learned a lot. My target students are always adults, however, in the part of teaching practice, I tried my best to teach young kids, which gave me some new directions for my career. I like to talk with and teach children. Ginger, Steve, Nik and Lisa are all very very experienced trainers and they helped me a lot in lesson plan and gave me constructive and useful feedbacks. For Chinese trainees, TEFL course is very worthy for you to join in. You can make friends with foreign classmates.

Robert
Winnebago, IL

Teaching Nomad TEFL

Teaching Nomad TEFL training is intensive but fruitful. It will prepare you for the environment of TEFL teaching and provide you with the skills needed to create and execute lessons in a busy environment. While not easy, it is certainly rewarding. I would highly reccomend it to any persons interested in obtaining training in TEFL. The assistance and material taught are both of high quality. It is an excellent program.

Chengcheng

Amazing Learning Experience

What I feel great in this TEFL course is that "The observation feedback from each class", "The useful ideas from physical books" and "The reinforce part from portfolio". It is very hard to finish the class all day, and then go home to prepare for the next day lesson. But when I get the awesome feedback from different trainers, everything is just worthy. They told me what I should improve with the time management, with the level of content, with the better activities I can offer and so on. All that are great ideas!! I can see I do improve a lot from this amazing learning experience.

Better to remind the homework to do in the end of the class everyday.
Better to set the most important or useful part in daily teaching. In a few classes, do not just read the content of the physical book.

Edwin
Santiago

TN TEFL Program Rating

This course has a lot of good material and great teachers mixed with the opportunity to put your skills to the test right on the run. Great program if you have what it takes to take the challenge.
The teachers are very helpful, are always open to share their experience and give very good feedback to help you build your skills and develop. You could probably find here more than you can chew on.

Best!

I will be contacting

Zahra
Iran

How to be more qualified for teaching English overseas

A four-week TEFL course in Shanghai, China was valuable experience. Being in a community of native English speakers by itself was challenging adventure to me let alone the issue and subject matter. Before I started the course, I felt it would be a huge burden and even impossible work to be fulfilled. However, I think I was in the right place in the right time. I enjoyed the materials, teachers and classmates. Things went on well-organized. I believe that it mostly reflects the program organizers' plans or the ideas of how to prepare new English teachers to well-accommodate needs and requirements of current students looking for ways to improve their capabilities in language learning. Our small community worked amazingly inside and outside the center. It was interesting to teach English and play games with Chinese from all walks of life e.g., kids, young learners and adults who eagerly strive to learn English language. The classmates were wonderful. The collaboration and cooperation in practicing how to deal with new methods introduced in pair or group activities were great. I am sure my classmates have achieved more or less similar experience. Living in Shanghai was cool and without doubt, it will be splendid for those who seek for different Eastern styles of life, food and customs.

'Variety is the spice of life', so does this program. Surely, there are still so many techniques and methods which could not be covered in our program due to shortage of time. However, they can be introduced via videos, bulletins or printed materials. The more various things to be presented, the more creative potentials teachers might be.

Sam
Christchurch

Teaching Nomad Review

This was a great course. It covers lots of teaching theory, and includes plenty of practical teaching hours (both observing your peers, and your own hands-on experience with teaching). I made heaps of friends on the course, and the Teaching Nomad staff were very knowledgeable and experienced teachers. Additionally, they were really helpful with anything we needed - answering questions, helping with things like getting a SIM card, Bank Account, finding a job etc. The location is great too, Shanghai is a really exciting, vibrant city.

Ying
Hong Kong
Emory University

Great Course

The TEFL course offered by Teaching Nomads would be one of the best experience you can have as an up and coming ESL teacher. You will receive in-class training as well as opportunities to practice and hone your teaching skills. The staff is also very helpful in giving feedback to students with no prior teaching experiences. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone looking for teaching jobs in China.

Vaun
London

Fantastic Experience!

All the mentors on the course were super amazing, I had a fantastic time while learning and gaining valuable skills. I really enjoyed the teaching practice at the public schools, I definitely think this is an experience not to be missed. At first I was very nervous with the idea of teaching a large class at a public school, but with the guidance and support of the mentors, it was an amazing experience and has encouraged me to continue to do it.

Karl
Minneapolis, Minnesota
University of Minnesota

Teaching Nomad from the eyes of Karl Rehfuss

Teaching Nomad was a wonderful company to get TEFL certified through. The staff, trainers, and alumni are all very helpful and caring that you succeed. During your classes, you are not just lectured at about "How to Teach," but rather they show you and practice with you. They help you fully understand what is needed and what is expected of English teacher. The trainers are very fun, energetic, and always there to answer any questions you have for them.

Molly
Minneapolis
University of Minnesota

Fantastic Experience!

I'm just finishing up my TEFL course with Teaching Nomad, and I'm so glad I chose to come to Shanghai to do it. It was pretty nerve-wrecking at first to put down a substantial bit of money to come to a country I've never been to and take a course from a program I had never heard of, but my experience has been fantastic and I am 100% sure it was the right decision. Ginger and the staff were extremely helpful in answering all my questions before the course, and because they are a placement agency, I found a great job easily in the third week of the course with very little effort on my part. I feel like I am coming out of this program with all the tools for success to be an effective English teacher in China, and Teaching Nomad also has a huge network of other foreign teachers here in Shanghai and around the world that I can look to for advice or anything else I may need. Their doors are also always open if we want to come back and sit in on lessons or have our teaching observed, so I feel very confident in my investment getting my TEFL certification with Teaching Nomad.
If you want to teach English in China and don't know where to start, definitely go with Teaching Nomad!

Justin
City of Bradford

TEFL September 2016

I really enjoyed doing this course in Shanghai. I got to know some great people, including all of the instructors. Ginger directed the course really well, offering a lot of support, guidance and encouragement as well as his great sense of humour, which he used a lot in his classes that we observed.
Nik, Lisa and Nicole were great as well and offered a lot of expert knowledge relating to teaching grammar, classroom management, teaching styles and methods and different ways of learning.
We all got a lot of opportunities to learn from each other as well as the trainers and I learnt a lot from the constructive feedback I received while doing the course.
I'd recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach English as a second language.

Simon
Hanoi

Awesome course

I completed the course in September 2016. I would highly recommend the course to anyone. The instructors were excellent and i learnt alot from their constructive feedback. I found the practical experience in real life classrooms fantastic, and it prepared me well for my first job as an English teacher. I made some great friends along the way and although the course was challenging i had a blast. Do it!

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working