Teacher Link's 4 Week Residential Classroom Course (120 hours) - Notarized & Authenticated Certificate

Teacher Link's unique TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working knowledge of the different TEFL approaches.

Our teaching practice includes one-on-one sessions with real students, small classes of 4-15 children aged 6-12 or adults, and large classes at poor primary schools in the outskirts of Shanghai with class sizes of up to 50 students. Observed Teaching Practice is the most important component of the program.

The course results in a notarized and State-level authenticated certificate. As of July first, 2017 all teachers in China need an authenticated certificate in order to obtain a legal work permit. We can also assist in the authentication of other documents (e.g. diploma).

The total course fee is 1690 USD, including the 600 USD deposit.

Asia » China » Shanghai
Airfare
Meals
Application Fee
Deposit

Hey Peter, Thank you for your message. The degree does not have to be in English. We're happy to have you on one of our next courses!

• Benefits
  • Facilities
  • Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Annie
Seattle University

Great training experience

The experiences of teaching both large public school classes as well as small learning center classes was extremely valuable in training as a new teacher. The course was very intensive in the amount of work required, but each exercise was valuable. This course also introduces you to a network of teachers that can then be available for idea sharing or suggestions as you begin a new teaching career.

More structure/ reliability around student attendance for the observed teacher practice at the learning centers would be useful for new teachers. When the same students come to lessons that are supposed to be planned for different ability levels, it can be discouraging while training as a new teacher.

More details up front/prior to course arrival would be helpful related to China document & visa requirements.

Lauren
Oregon State University

Excellent

Teaching Nomad's 120hr TEFL course in Shanghai has been an overwhelming, undeniably worthwhile experience. When I started the course, I had very minimal teaching experience and essentially no experience with children. Today, a month later, I feel I could confidently and competently teach a lesson to children, or adults, and go home feeling that the students I taught learned something. At times I wanted to quit, but Ginger and the other instructors provided genuine support and advice, and went out of their way to help however they could. I'm appreciative of the experience and mentors this program provided me, and I strongly recommend the course to anyone who is considering teaching in China.

This is a great program. Trust the process. You definitely get out of it what you put into it.

Gloria
Pennsylvania State University

You'll really be prepared to teach kids after this

I came into this course with certain expectations that weren't necessarily met. I really wanted to teach adults after completion of this course; however, I do not feel prepared to do so as there weren't many opportunities to practice on adults. If you are looking to teach children, this is the class for you! They really center the course around children, and you'll receive ample opportunity to practice on children.
Although I was disappointed that I didn't get to practice teaching adults very often, I do feel like this course is still very valuable. The teachers here are very knowledgeable about teaching and do prepare you to teach in a lot of different situations. You are also educated on some material you may have never specialized in. I feel like I would be comfortable in a position teaching kids if I applied for a primary school job.
Another plus is that the classes you take here are very fun and engaging!

Just more opportunities to teach adults.

Laura
University of Johannesburg

Teaching Nomad Tefl Course

This course far exceeded any expectations I had. The instructors were knowledgeable, efficient, interesting, and always willing to share practical advice for real life teaching in Chinese schools and language centers. From the very first week of the 4 week course, my fellow classmates and I were immersed in the day to day world of actual classroom teaching, with real live students and typical teaching scenarios. I truly feel ready to teach after this intensive course and the best part is the continued support from Teaching Nomad staff.

I think it is great the way it is!

Alex

A Professional and Fun Course

Teaching Nomad runs a course that far exceeded my expectations. The instructors are all excellent teachers who have years of experience in Shanghai and are always willing to help with questions related to teaching or to daily life. The course is designed with an emphasis on practical teaching experience, and everyone is able to teach classes of different sizes several times a week. You'll have help from the Teaching Nomad staff and alumni during the job and housing search. This is a phenomenal program for anyone looking to jump into life in Shanghai.

No real complaints, they do great work.

Stuart
China
University of St. Thomas

Awesome review

The program was pretty good. It was kind of expensive but taking a tefl course in china helped get me a good teaching job here in Shanghai. My employer actually said it was necessary to get tefl certified here in china. Course was difficult but it did make lesson planning at my current job much easier. Assistance living in the country could have been much better. It seemed the biggest problem of the course was simply learning to living the country while trying to learn the course material.

More assistance with living in china.

Sophie
Plymouth
University College Plymouth St Mark & St John

Highly recmmended!!!

This course has been amazing from the people to the content to personal experience and skills learnt! It has been so beneficial and I cant put into words the experiences and skills ive learnt undertaking the course here in Shanghai. These memories and skills will be with me for life!!

I highly recommend this for individuals who want to take a gap year, to develop their teaching skills or just to try and get an understanding of what it feels like to teach. The course is great for people of all ages!

Mauritz
South Africa

Course Experience

Very fun course, awesome people and really allot of opportunities. The most caring staff I have ever met and you always make new friends. You learn so much more than just teaching a foreign language. Best experience I have had in a very long time, you get to meet lots of different students that really look up to you as a teacher and they think of you a superhero to them.
The course id intense but more fun I would say, there is allot to learn and experience from participating in activities.

Jay
Orem, UT
Utah Valley University

Teaching Nomad's Shanghai Program

Now, there were several times I felt a bit overwhelmed to be entirely honest, however, this may mostly be due to my lack of travel experience, and the fact that I got sick during the final weeks of the program. I really enjoyed the program and feel they fulfilled every promise they made, even going beyond in several cases. Outside of an awesome classroom experience, I felt they genuinely cared about me as an individual as they helped me get medication, and other things I need to enjoy my time there. One even went so far as to get me some bao (Chinese dumplings) form what is considered one of the best bao shops in Shanghai because he knew how much I enjoy them. Beyond the standard content of the program, they pushed us to teach as many times as they could make opportunities for us to teach, they helped us plan lessons, coordinate materials form flash cards to games, and made sure we got experience (or opportunities) to teach in individual, small groups, and larger groups of students. It was a truly enlightening experience pushing beyond comfort zones and promoting learning as teachers and students. I cannot recommend this program enough and I feel my words fail to describe how awesome it was. I know if you chose to get you TEFL with teaching nomads Shanghai program you won't regret it.

I am a little uncertain at this point. Nothing is perfect but they did very good. Really to me there are some things that need fine tuning, but nothing major can be improved. During, my time they had an employee on maternity leave, which caused some understandable problems early on because the head of the program had additional tasks, and questions form us students that I am sure that he wasn't used to (like my need for distilled water). Once that was communicated to us as students and that we just needed to ask other staff members for help, we received the help needed to fill the role of the missing person.

Ja'Neil

TEFL August 2017 Course

I absolutely loved participating in this course. This was my first experience abroad, and everyone was super welcoming. Coming from an education background, I was able to learn new information that I could then apply to my classroom instruction. This course if great for anyone looking to gain new and useful experience. I came here not expecting to stay very long afterwards, and now I can't see myself leaving. Ginger, Daniel, and Nik are all great at what they do!

More structured feedback sessions

Debra
University of California- Irvine

Teaching Nomad Review

Teaching Nomad was a great program. The staff members provided a lot of assistance and support throughout my time here. There are at least three people at almost all times you can contact in order to receive help, for anything from mosquito bites to a lost passport - I know people who got help for both. It was great to get hands-on teaching experience and receive advice from all the trainers, and the fact that the alumni base is so large is excellent for observing teachers and networking for a job afterwards. I'd recommend this program for anyone wanting to teach English.

This program can be improved by giving a little more support in the way of locations to go and examples of teaching in the very first week of class.

Piotr

Review for Teaching Nomad - Shanghai

One needs to say that the program deliver on what it is supposed to do - teach to be a teacher and find the job in china. It is designed entirely for all those with no or little experience teaching. I would really recommend taking the course if you want to get a job in china. They have great teacher - a role models that can share the best methods on how to manage Chinese classroom and students. Ginger who is managing is always there to help and his help extends well beyond professional sphere, so if you are worried with setbacks of life in a. foreign country he is there to help. I guess the only thing is that the course is very tough and could improve a bit on materials for the classes and organization. I had a feeling this is more a a custom made course and TEFL materials don't always cover what is taught.

Better teaching materials, organization and a clearer plan.

Justin
University of Hawaii- Manoa

TEFL Course

The Teaching Nomad's team in Shanghai is constructed of a great group of highly capable teaching trainers and they are extraordinarily attentive to the needs of their trainees and how they can help them grow in any way. The staff is very helpful when it comes to helping foreigners become comfortable living in Shanghai and they are also very involved and well connected when the program rolls to a close and the process of finding a job ensues.

Connor
San Diego State University

I would have been lost without this course

The teaching nomad course in Shanghai is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The amount of practical experienced gained from the course is incredible. We taught over 8 classes in an environment that challenges you but is safe and supportive. I thought about doing the online course but it would have been a mistake. If you want to be a teacher in a foreign country, you have to get experience there first before fully committing. The staff was unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in teaching abroad.

Li
Shanghai

A good experience for a ready to be teacher

The reason at first I choose this course is because I value its emphasis on teaching experience. So it did. The trainees helped and encouraged me a lot in my way improving. I learned a lot from their enthusiasm and passion. The trainees here all have good characters, easy to get along with and open-minded. I sometimes cannot catch up due to language barriers, but they are always there for feedback.
The kids are nice. They are adorable and lovely. I enjoyed teaching with them, although sometimes they can be naughty, but in other terms, it helps to my classroom management.
A good choice for whoever wants to be a teacher in the future!

have more varied age students

Ian

A Great Experience in Shanghai

This course is great for throwing you in at the deep end and getting you out of your comfort zone. This sounds bad until you get to the end of the course and realise how much you've got out of it, and how much you've improved both as a teacher and a person! If you're unsure, go for it and you won't regret it! The trainers are excellent and always willing to give great feedback in order to see you improve to the benefit of the students.

The suggestions I made during the feedback session had already been taken into account by the trainers, so if you decide to take this course after me, enjoy the benefit!

Paul
Gannon University

TEFL Course

(May 2017) TEFL course student in Shanghai, China. Being new to teaching, after years of working in the sales/business development world, I found the course to be extremely thorough and detailed in covering the most relevant and important aspects related to prepare you for success as a new teacher. The course covers practical in class theory, coupled with hands on live teaching practice at mid to large sized Chinese public schools, in addition to practice at Teaching Nomad's smaller size classroom setting in Shanghai. As a newcomer, I found every aspect of this course valuable. Classroom teaching will cover subjects like lesson planning, classroom management and Chinese cultural background. While the course was challenging, the program's director Ginger was exceptional. He was organized, helpful and encouraging every step of the way. I highly recommend this program.

Kajan
Switzerland

Awesome Instructors

I had a very good experience with the TEFL course in Shanghai. The instructors are professionals and can help you in any kind of situations. It is a good thing that there are 3 different instructors. You can gain different skills from each of them and they are all very different to each other in the way of teaching. It was a lot of fun my 5 weeks here in Shanghai and I would totally recommend this course to everyone who wants to do the TEFL course in the most professional way possible. You`ll get a lot of teaching practice!

Spotswood
Mars

TEFL in Shanghai

I came into the program with little to no teaching experience and was very nervous due to it but the teachers and trainers in the course helped me get over all of it and feel much more comfortable in my role as a new teacher. The experience I got during the course is invaluable to me and the satisfaction I got from teaching was greater than I thought possible. The program and its members are all among the friendliest and most helpful people I have had the pleasure of learning from. They all have such different teaching methods that it becomes easy to craft your own from their advice and insight. The community outreach program, Stepping Stones, helped me to improve my own teaching ability and I have a great sense of joy from being able to teach such excited students as I met there. It is definitely worth the trip and I will carry the lessons I learned here forward to wherever I go.

The timing of some of the lessons could be changed around to keep from having mass blocks of one subject but other than that I have no improvements to suggest.

Yuncong
Shanghai China

Teaching Nomad TEFL Course

After 7 years at my previous job, I wanted a change in my life. Since teaching always interested me, I decided to give it a go and signed up for the teaching nomad TEFL course and since I started this course, I haven't regretted it a single bit.
The content of the course was mainly focused on the practical side of teaching. One thing I enjoyed the most is the fact that my classmates and I got to experience different types of students and teaching situations. We went teaching in public schools, training centers and even had one on ones. This really helped me decide which teaching directions I felt most comfortable with so I could go on an plan my career.

Pramila
Colchester
Kingston University

went by too quick

I had a lovely time with the program and got to learn so much in such little time. Met lovely people and loved the Shanghai area. Teaching in a public school is definitely a experience I won't forget.
I had lots of practical teaching experience while learning about everything i need to know about teaching. The practical experience is vital and also observing other teachers was a necessity which this course allowed me to do.

Joseph
Griffith University

Awesome experience

This intensive 4 week course was well structured, preparing all trainees for a teaching job overseas. The trainers were very competent, fun and engaging making the intensive side of it something to look forward to. One thing that I particularly liked about Teaching Nomads TEFL structure was the practical experience which gave trainees valuable experience. we completed both one on one lessons and had the chance to teach classes of sizes up to 45 students in a Shanghai public school. Highly recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone considering teaching in China.

Michael
DePaul University

Great Experience and Real Preparation

This course is a great way to break into TEFL in China. It's no walk in the park but that's what you should be looking for in TEFL course that will actually prepare you for teaching. You'll get plenty of teaching experience and observation experience too. The instructors are fantastic and the group of people you take it with will also, most likely, be really cool too. If you do well in the course you're also going to fall into a job pretty easily.

More comfortable chairs in the class room.

Claire
Rouen

My first steps as an EFL teacher

This course was very useful to me. I wonder how I could have taught a class without all those tips and plans this training has given me. The teachers were all very proficient, and the 8 hours teaching practice were a big plus. I feel a lot more confident teaching now.
The location of the school was good, quite central. The schedule was not so good though, as most of the classes we taught were evening classes, that meant coming back home quite late. Also the workload (lessons to prepare, chapters to read, portfolio to fill) was a little heavy sometimes.

The 1 month course is very intense. It is not always easy to deal with personal requirements on a daily basis. I would have preferred if it could have been stretched to 5 weeks or even 2 months.

Wan
Taiwan

Best Decision Ever

This was no doubt an intensive course, however, it was definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made. The course schedule and structure was very well-planned out. The teacher training hours and observation hours were both very helpful , and the feedback sessions were also very useful. The instructors were all very professional, they showed that they cared and that they really wants what's best for us. So I would definitely recommend this program!

Yu

My TEFL Time

I live in Shanghai and I'm a Chinese teacher in Wall Street English. My manager recommended me to have this course because she said that's useful in teaching practice. Actually, it is really cool and I really learned a lot. My target students are always adults, however, in the part of teaching practice, I tried my best to teach young kids, which gave me some new directions for my career. I like to talk with and teach children. Ginger, Steve, Nik and Lisa are all very very experienced trainers and they helped me a lot in lesson plan and gave me constructive and useful feedbacks. For Chinese trainees, TEFL course is very worthy for you to join in. You can make friends with foreign classmates.

Robert
Winnebago, IL

Teaching Nomad TEFL

Teaching Nomad TEFL training is intensive but fruitful. It will prepare you for the environment of TEFL teaching and provide you with the skills needed to create and execute lessons in a busy environment. While not easy, it is certainly rewarding. I would highly reccomend it to any persons interested in obtaining training in TEFL. The assistance and material taught are both of high quality. It is an excellent program.

Chengcheng

Amazing Learning Experience

What I feel great in this TEFL course is that "The observation feedback from each class", "The useful ideas from physical books" and "The reinforce part from portfolio". It is very hard to finish the class all day, and then go home to prepare for the next day lesson. But when I get the awesome feedback from different trainers, everything is just worthy. They told me what I should improve with the time management, with the level of content, with the better activities I can offer and so on. All that are great ideas!! I can see I do improve a lot from this amazing learning experience.

Better to remind the homework to do in the end of the class everyday.
Better to set the most important or useful part in daily teaching. In a few classes, do not just read the content of the physical book.

Edwin
Santiago

TN TEFL Program Rating

This course has a lot of good material and great teachers mixed with the opportunity to put your skills to the test right on the run. Great program if you have what it takes to take the challenge.
The teachers are very helpful, are always open to share their experience and give very good feedback to help you build your skills and develop. You could probably find here more than you can chew on.

Best!

I will be contacting

Zahra
Iran

How to be more qualified for teaching English overseas

A four-week TEFL course in Shanghai, China was valuable experience. Being in a community of native English speakers by itself was challenging adventure to me let alone the issue and subject matter. Before I started the course, I felt it would be a huge burden and even impossible work to be fulfilled. However, I think I was in the right place in the right time. I enjoyed the materials, teachers and classmates. Things went on well-organized. I believe that it mostly reflects the program organizers' plans or the ideas of how to prepare new English teachers to well-accommodate needs and requirements of current students looking for ways to improve their capabilities in language learning. Our small community worked amazingly inside and outside the center. It was interesting to teach English and play games with Chinese from all walks of life e.g., kids, young learners and adults who eagerly strive to learn English language. The classmates were wonderful. The collaboration and cooperation in practicing how to deal with new methods introduced in pair or group activities were great. I am sure my classmates have achieved more or less similar experience. Living in Shanghai was cool and without doubt, it will be splendid for those who seek for different Eastern styles of life, food and customs.

'Variety is the spice of life', so does this program. Surely, there are still so many techniques and methods which could not be covered in our program due to shortage of time. However, they can be introduced via videos, bulletins or printed materials. The more various things to be presented, the more creative potentials teachers might be.

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working