Teacher Link's 4 Week Residential Classroom Course (120 hours) - Notarized & Authenticated Certificate

Teacher Link's unique TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working knowledge of the different TEFL approaches.

Our teaching practice includes one-on-one sessions with real students, small classes of 4-15 children aged 6-12 or adults, and large classes at poor primary schools in the outskirts of Shanghai with class sizes of up to 50 students. Observed Teaching Practice is the most important component of the program.

The course results in a notarized and State-level authenticated certificate. As of July first, 2017 all teachers in China need an authenticated certificate in order to obtain a legal work permit. We can also assist in the authentication of other documents (e.g. diploma).

The total course fee is 1690 USD, including the 600 USD deposit.

Hey Peter, Thank you for your message. The degree does not have to be in English. We're happy to have you on one of our next courses!

• Benefits 9.3
  • Facilities 8.9
  • Instruction 9.1
  • Academic Rigor 7.7
  • Job Assistance 9.5
Eugenia

Great experience and valuable knowledge

The course is great, both in terms of theory and practice - everything is balanced. You study only necessary and applicable stuff, which you then can integrate straight into your own lessons, that you prepare for Observed Teaching Practice. Everyone was super supportive and answered every question I had, and tried to help in whatever issue I faced.
I am immensely grateful to all the people who I've met from this program - Ginger, Nik, Olivia, Dug - for constructive feedback, loads of ideas on how to make your lesson better and for amazing time in China in general.
Definetly recommend this program to those who wants to try teaching English.

Maybe a bit of psychological basics to be aware of in different age groups.
Aqsa

A positive learning experience

Learned so much about the different teaching styles and how to adapt myself and my lessons to different levels. Had a great time teaching Chinese children and being in Shanghai, even though stepping into a classroom of 40 rowdy students could be very tough! I learned a lot about my personal teaching style and the way the Chinese students learn. The trainers were great fun, really supportive and helpful - not just with teaching but also with getting settled in to a new country. A great experience and had lots of help with my job search. Can't wait to start working.

Teaching a variety of different age groups, such as adults, teenagers and kindergarten students.
James

Recommend - This really sets you up nicely

This generally gave me everything that I needed/was looking for in order to teach in China (Shanghai). I really didn't want to do an online course because that is a common phenomenon, so it offered no competitive edge in the job market. It may have been a cheaper option but you get what you pay for. Actually teaching real children in real schools/centers (having never taught in a classroom before) was sometimes stressful but it was an invaluable experience that was even fun at times! Most importantly, it impressed prospective employers at interview. The people running the show went the extra mile, buying food and drink for us, answering questions and helping us with things that weren't even related to the course material (sometimes at unsociable hours) etc. Coming to China from the UK was really scary and there is so much that you don't even think about so this level of support was beyond useful. The people were just really nice and that is worth a lot. To cap it all off they even sorted out legalizing etc my certificate which is a huge/very expensive pain otherwise.

Keeping on top of students to make sure that every step that needs to be completed is done before the end of the course to stop lots of things pilling up at the end.

Some more teaching of smaller classes with less/more advanced kids would be nice as the teaching mainly involved larger/less advanced classes (a lot of the jobs that students will go on do will involve smaller classes etc).

Linda

Best TEFL I've Taken

This is the second TEFL course I have taken and it is by far the best. Having already been working as an ESL teacher in Shanghai, I wasn't expecting to learn too much but I was pleasantly surprised.
I was able to get invaluable feedback on my teaching practice which has already proven highly beneficial in my job with colleagues noticing an improvement in my teaching style.
The course leaders and are very understanding and willing to give support and guidance where needed but they will give you the freedom to learn from your mistakes.
I could not recommend this course more, especially for someone who is planning to move to Shanghai for the first time, I wish I had taken it when I first made the move.

Richard

Learning to teach in Shanghai

I was very nervous about doing the course. I have been to Shanghai once before but that was for one week. I was not sure how I would do for four weeks. Everyone was helpful when they could help. I had trouble with getting my phone to work and they was able to help me with that. The instructions to get to where to classes were being held was good and they even had pictures of certain parts as you got close to help find it.
The course will start off a little slow but it will speed up fast. That may sound bad but it is a good thing in that you will be busy working on actually teaching students as well. Even if you are scared or unsure teach at least one class. It can be scary but once you try you get a better idea what it is like and you may like it. I was nervous but after my first class I wanted to do it again to get better.
The trainers are helpful and they are friendly. There will be a lot to take in but I think it is worth it and a good experience.

Gloria

You'll really be prepared to teach kids after this

I came into this course with certain expectations that weren't necessarily met. I really wanted to teach adults after completion of this course; however, I do not feel prepared to do so as there weren't many opportunities to practice on adults. If you are looking to teach children, this is the class for you! They really center the course around children, and you'll receive ample opportunity to practice on children.
Although I was disappointed that I didn't get to practice teaching adults very often, I do feel like this course is still very valuable. The teachers here are very knowledgeable about teaching and do prepare you to teach in a lot of different situations. You are also educated on some material you may have never specialized in. I feel like I would be comfortable in a position teaching kids if I applied for a primary school job.
Another plus is that the classes you take here are very fun and engaging!

Just more opportunities to teach adults.
Laura

Teaching Nomad Tefl Course

This course far exceeded any expectations I had. The instructors were knowledgeable, efficient, interesting, and always willing to share practical advice for real life teaching in Chinese schools and language centers. From the very first week of the 4 week course, my fellow classmates and I were immersed in the day to day world of actual classroom teaching, with real live students and typical teaching scenarios. I truly feel ready to teach after this intensive course and the best part is the continued support from Teaching Nomad staff.

I think it is great the way it is!
Alex

A Professional and Fun Course

Teaching Nomad runs a course that far exceeded my expectations. The instructors are all excellent teachers who have years of experience in Shanghai and are always willing to help with questions related to teaching or to daily life. The course is designed with an emphasis on practical teaching experience, and everyone is able to teach classes of different sizes several times a week. You'll have help from the Teaching Nomad staff and alumni during the job and housing search. This is a phenomenal program for anyone looking to jump into life in Shanghai.

No real complaints, they do great work.
Stuart

Awesome review

The program was pretty good. It was kind of expensive but taking a tefl course in china helped get me a good teaching job here in Shanghai. My employer actually said it was necessary to get tefl certified here in china. Course was difficult but it did make lesson planning at my current job much easier. Assistance living in the country could have been much better. It seemed the biggest problem of the course was simply learning to living the country while trying to learn the course material.

More assistance with living in china.
Sophie

Highly recmmended!!!

This course has been amazing from the people to the content to personal experience and skills learnt! It has been so beneficial and I cant put into words the experiences and skills ive learnt undertaking the course here in Shanghai. These memories and skills will be with me for life!!

I highly recommend this for individuals who want to take a gap year, to develop their teaching skills or just to try and get an understanding of what it feels like to teach. The course is great for people of all ages!

Mauritz

Course Experience

Very fun course, awesome people and really allot of opportunities. The most caring staff I have ever met and you always make new friends. You learn so much more than just teaching a foreign language. Best experience I have had in a very long time, you get to meet lots of different students that really look up to you as a teacher and they think of you a superhero to them.
The course id intense but more fun I would say, there is allot to learn and experience from participating in activities.

Ja'Neil

TEFL August 2017 Course

I absolutely loved participating in this course. This was my first experience abroad, and everyone was super welcoming. Coming from an education background, I was able to learn new information that I could then apply to my classroom instruction. This course if great for anyone looking to gain new and useful experience. I came here not expecting to stay very long afterwards, and now I can't see myself leaving. Ginger, Daniel, and Nik are all great at what they do!

More structured feedback sessions
Debra

Teaching Nomad Review

Teaching Nomad was a great program. The staff members provided a lot of assistance and support throughout my time here. There are at least three people at almost all times you can contact in order to receive help, for anything from mosquito bites to a lost passport - I know people who got help for both. It was great to get hands-on teaching experience and receive advice from all the trainers, and the fact that the alumni base is so large is excellent for observing teachers and networking for a job afterwards. I'd recommend this program for anyone wanting to teach English.

This program can be improved by giving a little more support in the way of locations to go and examples of teaching in the very first week of class.
Piotr

Review for Teaching Nomad - Shanghai

One needs to say that the program deliver on what it is supposed to do - teach to be a teacher and find the job in china. It is designed entirely for all those with no or little experience teaching. I would really recommend taking the course if you want to get a job in china. They have great teacher - a role models that can share the best methods on how to manage Chinese classroom and students. Ginger who is managing is always there to help and his help extends well beyond professional sphere, so if you are worried with setbacks of life in a. foreign country he is there to help. I guess the only thing is that the course is very tough and could improve a bit on materials for the classes and organization. I had a feeling this is more a a custom made course and TEFL materials don't always cover what is taught.

Better teaching materials, organization and a clearer plan.
Justin

TEFL Course

The Teaching Nomad's team in Shanghai is constructed of a great group of highly capable teaching trainers and they are extraordinarily attentive to the needs of their trainees and how they can help them grow in any way. The staff is very helpful when it comes to helping foreigners become comfortable living in Shanghai and they are also very involved and well connected when the program rolls to a close and the process of finding a job ensues.

About Teacher Link

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching...