By Teacher Link   Reviews (37)   96% Rating

Teacher Link's 4 Week Residential TEFL Course (120 hours)

By Teacher Link   Reviews (37)   96% Rating

Teacher Link's unique TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working knowledge of the different TEFL approaches.

Our teaching practice includes one-on-one sessions with real students, small classes of 4-15 children aged 6-12 or adults, and large classes at poor primary schools in the outskirts of Shanghai with class sizes of up to 50 students. Observed Teaching Practice is the most important component of the program and counts for 50% of your grade.

The total course fee is 1690 USD, including the 600 USD deposit.

Asia › China › Shanghai
Job Placement
Hotel
Not Included
1500.00

Hey Douglas, Thank you for your message. A degree is required for your work visa, so if you intend to work in China upon graduating from our program, a degree is required for you to work legally in Ch...
Does the bachelor degree need to be a major in English? Because I have a bachelor degree in behavioural neuroscience, but I would still like to participate in your course. Thanks in advance.
Hey Peter, Thank you for your message. The degree does not have to be in English. We're happy to have you on one of our next courses!

Rating Values

• Benefits
  • Facilities

Claire
Rouen

My first steps as an EFL teacher

Overall 9

This course was very useful to me. I wonder how I could have taught a class without all those tips and plans this training has given me. The teachers were all very proficient, and the 8 hours teaching practice were a big plus. I feel a lot more confident teaching now.
The location of the school was good, quite central. The schedule was not so good though, as most of the classes we taught were evening classes, that meant coming back home quite late. Also the workload (lessons to prepare, chapters to read, portfolio to fill) was a little heavy sometimes.

The 1 month course is very intense. It is not always easy to deal with personal requirements on a daily basis. I would have preferred if it could have been stretched to 5 weeks or even 2 months.

Yu

My TEFL Time

Overall 9

I live in Shanghai and I'm a Chinese teacher in Wall Street English. My manager recommended me to have this course because she said that's useful in teaching practice. Actually, it is really cool and I really learned a lot. My target students are always adults, however, in the part of teaching practice, I tried my best to teach young kids, which gave me some new directions for my career. I like to talk with and teach children. Ginger, Steve, Nik and Lisa are all very very experienced trainers and they helped me a lot in lesson plan and gave me constructive and useful feedbacks. For Chinese trainees, TEFL course is very worthy for you to join in. You can make friends with foreign classmates.

Robert
Winnebago, IL

Teaching Nomad TEFL

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad TEFL training is intensive but fruitful. It will prepare you for the environment of TEFL teaching and provide you with the skills needed to create and execute lessons in a busy environment. While not easy, it is certainly rewarding. I would highly reccomend it to any persons interested in obtaining training in TEFL. The assistance and material taught are both of high quality. It is an excellent program.

Chengcheng

Amazing Learning Experience

Overall 10

What I feel great in this TEFL course is that "The observation feedback from each class", "The useful ideas from physical books" and "The reinforce part from portfolio". It is very hard to finish the class all day, and then go home to prepare for the next day lesson. But when I get the awesome feedback from different trainers, everything is just worthy. They told me what I should improve with the time management, with the level of content, with the better activities I can offer and so on. All that are great ideas!! I can see I do improve a lot from this amazing learning experience.

Better to remind the homework to do in the end of the class everyday.
Better to set the most important or useful part in daily teaching. In a few classes, do not just read the content of the physical book.

Edwin
Santiago

TN TEFL Program Rating

Overall 9

This course has a lot of good material and great teachers mixed with the opportunity to put your skills to the test right on the run. Great program if you have what it takes to take the challenge.
The teachers are very helpful, are always open to share their experience and give very good feedback to help you build your skills and develop. You could probably find here more than you can chew on.

Best!

I will be contacting

Zahra
Iran

How to be more qualified for teaching English overseas

Overall 9

A four-week TEFL course in Shanghai, China was valuable experience. Being in a community of native English speakers by itself was challenging adventure to me let alone the issue and subject matter. Before I started the course, I felt it would be a huge burden and even impossible work to be fulfilled. However, I think I was in the right place in the right time. I enjoyed the materials, teachers and classmates. Things went on well-organized. I believe that it mostly reflects the program organizers' plans or the ideas of how to prepare new English teachers to well-accommodate needs and requirements of current students looking for ways to improve their capabilities in language learning. Our small community worked amazingly inside and outside the center. It was interesting to teach English and play games with Chinese from all walks of life e.g., kids, young learners and adults who eagerly strive to learn English language. The classmates were wonderful. The collaboration and cooperation in practicing how to deal with new methods introduced in pair or group activities were great. I am sure my classmates have achieved more or less similar experience. Living in Shanghai was cool and without doubt, it will be splendid for those who seek for different Eastern styles of life, food and customs.

'Variety is the spice of life', so does this program. Surely, there are still so many techniques and methods which could not be covered in our program due to shortage of time. However, they can be introduced via videos, bulletins or printed materials. The more various things to be presented, the more creative potentials teachers might be.

Sam
Christchurch

Teaching Nomad Review

Overall 10

This was a great course. It covers lots of teaching theory, and includes plenty of practical teaching hours (both observing your peers, and your own hands-on experience with teaching). I made heaps of friends on the course, and the Teaching Nomad staff were very knowledgeable and experienced teachers. Additionally, they were really helpful with anything we needed - answering questions, helping with things like getting a SIM card, Bank Account, finding a job etc. The location is great too, Shanghai is a really exciting, vibrant city.

Ying
Hong Kong
Emory University

Great Course

Overall 9

The TEFL course offered by Teaching Nomads would be one of the best experience you can have as an up and coming ESL teacher. You will receive in-class training as well as opportunities to practice and hone your teaching skills. The staff is also very helpful in giving feedback to students with no prior teaching experiences. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone looking for teaching jobs in China.

Vaun
London

Fantastic Experience!

Overall 10

All the mentors on the course were super amazing, I had a fantastic time while learning and gaining valuable skills. I really enjoyed the teaching practice at the public schools, I definitely think this is an experience not to be missed. At first I was very nervous with the idea of teaching a large class at a public school, but with the guidance and support of the mentors, it was an amazing experience and has encouraged me to continue to do it.

Karl
Minneapolis, Minnesota
University of Minnesota

Teaching Nomad from the eyes of Karl Rehfuss

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad was a wonderful company to get TEFL certified through. The staff, trainers, and alumni are all very helpful and caring that you succeed. During your classes, you are not just lectured at about "How to Teach," but rather they show you and practice with you. They help you fully understand what is needed and what is expected of English teacher. The trainers are very fun, energetic, and always there to answer any questions you have for them.

Molly
Minneapolis
University of Minnesota

Fantastic Experience!

Overall 10

I'm just finishing up my TEFL course with Teaching Nomad, and I'm so glad I chose to come to Shanghai to do it. It was pretty nerve-wrecking at first to put down a substantial bit of money to come to a country I've never been to and take a course from a program I had never heard of, but my experience has been fantastic and I am 100% sure it was the right decision. Ginger and the staff were extremely helpful in answering all my questions before the course, and because they are a placement agency, I found a great job easily in the third week of the course with very little effort on my part. I feel like I am coming out of this program with all the tools for success to be an effective English teacher in China, and Teaching Nomad also has a huge network of other foreign teachers here in Shanghai and around the world that I can look to for advice or anything else I may need. Their doors are also always open if we want to come back and sit in on lessons or have our teaching observed, so I feel very confident in my investment getting my TEFL certification with Teaching Nomad.
If you want to teach English in China and don't know where to start, definitely go with Teaching Nomad!

Justin
City of Bradford

TEFL September 2016

Overall 9

I really enjoyed doing this course in Shanghai. I got to know some great people, including all of the instructors. Ginger directed the course really well, offering a lot of support, guidance and encouragement as well as his great sense of humour, which he used a lot in his classes that we observed.
Nik, Lisa and Nicole were great as well and offered a lot of expert knowledge relating to teaching grammar, classroom management, teaching styles and methods and different ways of learning.
We all got a lot of opportunities to learn from each other as well as the trainers and I learnt a lot from the constructive feedback I received while doing the course.
I'd recommend this course to anyone who wants to teach English as a second language.

Simon
Hanoi

Awesome course

Overall 10

I completed the course in September 2016. I would highly recommend the course to anyone. The instructors were excellent and i learnt alot from their constructive feedback. I found the practical experience in real life classrooms fantastic, and it prepared me well for my first job as an English teacher. I made some great friends along the way and although the course was challenging i had a blast. Do it!

Rod
New York

Excellent course!

Overall 9

I was looking for a TEFL course. I needed one so I could work in Shanghai easier. I came across TN TEFL course. The experience that I gained from it was well worth it. I had eight opportunities to teach in classroom. I needed that not only for my confidence. Also the feedback on myself from the instructor. Was very valuable for me. I would highly recommend this course. For people that are new to teaching. Or even the more experience teachers. That need a TEFL. You will gain more knowledge in the four weeks. Making yourself a better person. Plus you may even get some new friends from it.

Winnie
Los Angeles, CA

How To Be A GREAT Teacher

Overall 10

I came to Shanghai in search for a way in to becoming an English teacher. With several recommendations for this program, I joined... and I never looked back. This was one of the best decisions I've made. With the experience I received from the states, I assumed this program would review the information I had already learned. Luckily for me, it has altered my perception of the teaching world.

Teaching English abroad has been one of the best decisions I have ever made and Teach Nomad taught me the basics plus more on how to do so. In addition to teaching at the public schools, experienced teachers critic and analyze the way I teach and offer advice on how to better myself. My teachers were Ginger, Nick, Steve, and Lisa. All were fantastic and were always easily accessible whenever I had questions or needed suggestions.

Growing up in the states, English was second nature to me. I never had any struggles with it and assumed it may be similar for others. In the program, we had to learn a foreign language to experience how frustrating, difficult, and impatient it could be. In order for us to teach students English, we have to understand where they are coming from. That activity was absolutely fantastic because it gave me a better understanding on how to accommodate to students' struggles.

Pros:
- Hands-on experience
- Work w/ different age range
- Easily accessible experienced teachers
- Mock lesson plans
- Flexible teachers

Cons:
- Different locations for volunteer work
- Color printers for material isn't always easily accessible

Douglas

Great program

Overall 10

I was very impressed by how in depth this program is, I knew I would not just be handed a certificate but I was surprised by how detailed much of the course was. I also am very impressed by the community outreach, it was a great experience to go out into the schools away from the center of the city where they do not get as much exposure to native English speakers. The trainers were very good, they always took the time to answer questions and give examples of who to deal with the issues faced by a new teacher. They gave honest critical feedback but it was always in a positive tone. It is nice to work with people who obviously care about what they are doing, and care about both their trainees in the class and the future students those trainees will be teaching.

I wish we could have spent a little more time on how to evaluate the level of students

Kyle
Albany, New York
Siena College

A course worth every penny

Overall 9

I had taught before in shanghai as a part time tracher when i was a student, but i did not have a clear idea of what I was supposed to be doing. This course is exceptional in teaching teaching comcepts clearly and effectively, and give plenty of real time practice with heaps of suggestions for improvement. For anyone serious about becoming a good english teacher, there isn't any question in my mind that this course is of critical importance. it additional provides so much in the way of living assistance for all those who enroll.

Nothing of significance comes to my mind.

Robert
Huntsville

Great Experience

Overall 10

I took the course in July of 2016 and loved it. I had this preconceived idea that everything would be extremely easy and it might be a waste of my money. But everyone at Teaching Nomads proved me wrong. The entire program is very thorough and everyone on the staff was very helpful with any questions that we had. Not to mention they were all very personal. Going through the course made me realize how unprepared I would have been if I tried to get a job without a TEFL certificate. I was employed within a week after finishing the TEFL course and now I feel confident about getting started.

Todd
Chattanooga

TEFL course in Shanghai

Overall 10

All of the trainers were very helpful! We were teaching by the second week and getting feedback as well as getting feedback and help where we needed it, as well as learning about different styles of teaching and classroom techniques. Also very helpful with getting a job setup after and recommendations about the city and positions. It was great to see the different types of schools that we could work for and have actual time teaching the kids. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to teach in China.

Hopefully it will expand to different cities inside China.

Giuseppe
Palermo, Italy

Complete and compelling course

Overall 10

I've chosen this course because I wanted to improve my teaching skills. I had no experience before starting the course. The workload was challenging, the material compelling and the organization great. I was really happy to practice with real world students and to see my practical skills growing alongside to my theoretical preparation. The course was complete in providing pedagogical theories and practical games and activities. The feedback sessions were really useful to develop the critical thinking about me and the others. Moreover, the feedbacks from experienced teachers were an opportunity to understand my mistakes and improve. Overall it was one of the most beautiful experiences that I've done in my life. i feel ready and confident to start my new adventure as a teacher.

Sean
Baltimore
McDaniel College

Great Program 10/10

Overall 10

When I decided to go to China as a native speaker, I figured I could just show up and get a job. Could I have done that: probably. Am I glad I decided to spend a little money and hook up with the Teaching Nomad team: 100% YES.

Seriously, I was nervous and if you are reading this review then you probably are too. But everything about this company is great. Great program, great teachers, great people in general as a matter of fact. They helped me during every step of the transition, from packing, to getting a job placement. Honestly, I couldn't be happier. Feel free to contact me if you want specifics or have questions.

Chase
Eugene
University of Oregon

Best value course on the market

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad is a great program where you get to learn by actually trying and doing and struggling and even some failing. In my class there were only three of us and they still treated us as a formal class. The moderators are friendly and helpful, some of which I still see around and consider my first few friends in Shanghai. While you work through the course (make sure you do the portfolio work) they find placements for jobs and negotiate things like guaranteed Z visa for work so that you can be teaching legally and as soon as possible. Ginger, Nik, Nicole, and Lisa are a nice blend of trainers that give helpful insight and care about turning out quality teachers. Schools offer jobs before the interview because they know Teaching Nomad is good. It says 4 weeks but it's really more like 3 long, intensive weeks. Gives you a good sense of the difficulties of teaching. If you have any uncertainties just ask to talk with one of the former trainees. You absolutely will not regret this, it was the smartest thing I did before leaving the States to come to China.

The theory parts can be dry and boring, and building the portfolio feels tedious, but its just like a really short and difficult university course.

Adam
Rocky River

Real World Teaching

Overall 10

Nothing prepares you better for teaching English as a foreign language better than getting up in front of a class and just doing some actual teaching. With many chances to observe other teachers and several practice classes guided by my own lesson plans that are followed by feedback from professionals, this program really helped me get ready for teaching English in China. We also put ourselves in the shoes of students by taking a mock foreign language class so we could understand how difficult it is and how important it is to have students participate. There was good exposure to the various teaching theories that we could apply to our classes. It is important to understand which techniques are effective for each type of student depending on their age, level, background and goals. One cannot forget grammar as well. Especially native speakers who know the rules, but might not be able to explain them very well without some prior review. I have a much better grasp on all these concepts after taking this teaching English as a foreign language course.

Fraser

Zero to Hero

Overall 10

I was thoroughly impressed by Teaching Nomad's in class TEFL course. Ginger and his team do a fantastic job in moulding you with all the necessary skills to become a competent teacher. Prior to enrolling in the course I had no experience teaching English. I even had issues speaking publicly. By the end of the 4 week period I was competently teaching a class of 20 plus students. Something I never could have dreamed possible from an online TEFL certificate.
The practical side of the course with applied in class training really did add huge value. Not only are you equipped with the theory and knowledge of how to teach, but you're placed in front of volunteer ESL students and required to actively teach using the skills you adopt. They really do take you from zero to hero.
The culture shock of entering China (if it's a first time) is made a lot more tolerable as well, with TN streamlining the whole assimilation into Shanghai life. All in all a great course run by professional and competent trainers. I'd highly recommend to anyone considering a job in the profession.

Many thanks Teaching Nomads!!

E.y.
HK

a Good learning experience

Overall 8

The head trainer of the course was very helpful and professional. We had a lot of teaching experiences. The mentor of the course gave very consistent teaching advice and helped in every possible way. We met interesting new friends and hard-working people. The course taught me a lot about the students of the country where I took the course. The trainers were very understanding and sympathetic in our challenges during the course.

Elena
St Petersburg

Grateful for the experience

Overall 10

Thank you Ginger and the team for providing me the opportunity to learn so much during the course. Teaching practice was especially useful and was organized excellently. Through practice and the mistakes we made we were able to learn a lot thanks to our teachers’ professional feedback, guidance and support. They guided us through our teaching experience and trusted us to become better teachers. All of us were able to improve greatly. I also want to note that since the beginning of the course the organization was very good and everything was looked after. Special thanks to Ginger who showed great management and punctuality. He took all of our concerns or questions seriously and was very attentive to detail. He never left any problems unsolved. It was a real pleasure to be around such a professional.

Jess
Shanghai, China

The best TEFL course in China!

Overall 10

If you are looking for a worthwhile (and crazy fun) TEFL course, look no further than Teaching Nomad. They really are the greatest.
The support I received from this company right from the get-go was astounding. My thousands of questions were always answered promptly and thoroughly.
The course content was useful and well-presented and the observed teaching practice was the best way to put the theory we were learning into practice.
Our trainers all went well beyond what was required of them- not only did they do a fantastic job of imparting their knowledge on us, but they also helped us with many day-to-day tasks like organising sim cards, helping with directions, and so much more!
The job support I received was also incredible!

Thank you so much to everyone who was part of this course in any way- I had the greatest time and am looking forward to teaching in China!

Ewern
Shanghai, China

Awesome!

Overall 10

My TEFL experience with Teaching Nomad has been an incredible one. Everyone from administration to the trainers has been incredibly helpful and responsive.The course was well designed for us trainees to comprehend and to better learn, understand, and experience the life of an English teacher in Shanghai. Ginger, Nicole, Lisa, and Nik has been amazing through out the course in answering every questions we had and coming up with every resources we needed. Thank you Teaching Nomad for this amazing experience!

Amy
Hong Kong
Academy of Art University

"It's easy to be a bad teacher."

Overall 9

I took the TEFL 120hr in-class course in Shanghai and I was so glad that I've did it. Although I had teaching experience prior to taking the TEFL course, I immediately realized it was the right decision to be TEFL certified at the beginning of the course, because it helped me understand how to become a good teacher and at the end students are the ones who benefit from it. I got to understand how to help students improve their English in different kinds of doable and effective ways. I liked that the course had explained not only the perspective as a teacher but the perspective as a learner as well. Good teachers should always be ready to adjust to the student's needs.
The theories and material covered in the course were realistic (very user-able). Although the study workload was very heavy, it would be worth and paid-off as soon as the teachers applied the theories or the teaching skills into their own classes and noticed how effective they were.
I love one of the quotes from my instructor, Steve, "It's easy to be a bad teacher," as it reminds me of how to NOT become a bad one. I strongly believe that teachers should never stop learning.

During the course, situations happened. Sometimes things were subject to change. But the manager was beyond helpful. He was caring to all the trainees and always offered help when needed. Last but not least, the TEFL course is an intensive course and don't expect it is easy. But you will not go wrong for the time and effort you spend if you plan teaching as your career. For any teachers who are looking forward to improve their teaching skills, I would highly recommend taking this course with TN TEFL Academy.

provide administrative assistance like printing (color if needed), scanning, laptop (for songs in class)

Joel
University of Southampton

Teaching Nomad TEFL Program

Overall 10

Teaching Nomad's TEFL program has been a wonderful experience. Myself, coming from a non teaching background, now feels fully equipped with the skills and confidence to make a success in my change of career. All those involved in the program were impeccable in the teaching and administration of the TEFL program. And at no time were we the students left feeling isolated and without help and direction.
A deep thank you to all at the Teaching Nomad TEFL program!

Garland
Houston, TX

GREAT COURSE WITH EXCELLENT INSTRUCTORS

Overall 10

I took the course in Shanghai this November and have no regrets. It was well worth the effort, time, and money. I had no teaching experience prior to the course, and I didn't have much confidence that I was cut out for teaching. Now, thanks to the Teaching Nomad crew, I am looking forward to starting a new teaching career in China.

The instructors, Lisa and Steve, made the course lectures interesting and relevant by sharing their own teaching experiences, both good and bad. They allowed other students with teaching backgrounds to share their experiences relative to the lesson. They were also very helpful and encouraging when giving feedback before and after the teaching demos.

The customer service beyond the class is also top notch. Ginger (TN Program Manager) went out of his way to help myself and others get accommodated in Shanghai. He was always quick to address any questions or requests made by the students. He also gave great teaching advice and feedback after our teaching demos.

Overall, it was a great experience and I will definitely recommend the TN TEFL course to anyone interested in teaching abroad.

Nkanyiso
South Africa

Great Course, Great Experience

Overall 8

Firstly, I would like to begin by thanking Teaching Nomad for the commitment and professionalism shown towards not only the course but it's trainees as well. Secondly if you are interested in pursuing a teaching career in China then I would highly recommend the 120 hour in-class TEFL course. This program is designed to help individuals gain a better understanding about teaching and the dynamics involved in it. The course provides it's students with a solid framework from which you are then expected to apply the knowledge and skills you have gained. All in all the program was a success and one will have no trouble finding a job at the end of it. Lastly I would like to express my gratitude to Ginger, Lisa and Steve. These are the best trainers one could possibly ask for. They are patient and are always willing to help you no matter what.

It's been a pleasure

John
Los Angeles, California

Great experience

Overall 10

One of the nights, 2 of the classmates and I went drinking but had class the next day. We probably got home around 5am. The next morning, we made it to class but it was obvious we were all tired. We had a foreign language class at night and everyone literally looked like they were sleeping throughout the whole thing! Good times but we should of probably did that on a weekend.

Have a few basic Chinese classes so we can communicate with the locals! They usually do have them but not for this month.

Erica
Delray Beach, Florida
Florida Atlantic University

TEFL Shanghai Program

Overall 9

The program and the people at Teaching Nomad were absolutely wonderful and truly made the experience what it was and definitely enjoyable. Information was effectively presented to us in a number of manners and we were able to practically use said information in demo teaching classes. The children were amazing and those teaching classes really allowed us to build and expand on our own developing teaching styles.

Victoria
Moscow, Russia

The best experince in my life

Overall 10

And I really feel like this!
I have 2 MA's, one of which is teaching Russian (my native language) and an experience of studying in Japan so I can compare this TEFL course to my other experiences.
So, let me point the best features of this course:
1) I liked that our instructors didn't hesitate to tell us about their own experience, their own mistakes. Not all the people are so open about speaking about their own failures, but the truth it that all of us had them. And all the beginner teachers have some tough time when they do not know what to do or how to react in the classroom. But I believe that the "beginners" can avoid some mistakes, if they know abot possible problems before teaching.
Our instructors were also very patient with us and helped greatly with advice. I'm very greatful for their support. I had several difficult moments at the begining as I was the only non-native speaker in the group.
2) I liked the structure of the course. There was little theory, but more practical things. We spoke about different game actiities, we tried different approaches for the same theme. It was really useful and I tried some ideas later during class practice.
But the best thing of this course was that we had a lot of teaching practice with chinese children. It helped to become more confident, to find a suitable teachiring style and not to be afraid of pupils.
I also liked that we made an observation of other fllow students, their teaching style. It also taught me a lot.
So, yes, this course was really tough; a lot of homework and lesson planning, but nevertheless, it was fun and really useful for my future teaching. And I knew that I alsways could receive any help, I needed. (Actually, I had one accident and needed to go to the hospital and our instructor came with me)
So let me thank my instructors: Steve and Lisa once again for all their work, ther patience,pieces of advice. And thank you Ginger for yur observaion, your comments and your positive attitude!

We had little time for supper, so we had to buy some staff from the onvenient stores. I would like to have mor time before studies to go for normel supper.

Ebi
Chengdu

Teaching Nomad

Overall 10

It was a great experience for me, i learnt a lot from Mr.Ginger de ridder, he taught us everything about the city and he took us everywhere by himself. It was amazing customer service actually.
The course is perfect we observed experienced teachers and learnt a lot and they observed us as well and i liked it.
They helped me to know what i need exactly, my first class was really difficult but Mr.Ginger discussed it with me, he told me what i need to improve, and then things started to be easier. now i am working and if you are a beginner trust me you need Teaching Nomad.
They provided us with all the useful information about the schools in shanghai and china i loved Teaching Nomad.

David
Shanghai

TEFL and more in Shanghai...

Overall 9

This is my first writing a review for a program like this because I feel that I should spread the word. I just finished my 120h at Teaching Nomad in Shanghai and I believe the program worths every penny. Not only content but the thing that matters the most to me was the customer service. The program manager, Mr. Ginger de Ridder is not only the best TEFL trainer I ve ever known but also is a person who can rely on for his endless support and the connections. From day one he and his team at Teaching Nomad were there for me and I never felt left out as a new comer in Shanghai. We had a fun and flexible training in the heart of Shanghai where time flies and now I am working in Shanghai. The bottom line is you are not only paying for 120h of training but also for a great experience which will end up to your future career as an ELS instructor.

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching experience in addition to acquiring a working knowledge of the different TEFL approaches.

Our distinguishing feature is that we require applicants to learn a second language in order to fully become aware of the difficulties non-native speakers face when learning a second language!