CIEE | Teach English in Hungary

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CIEE Teach Abroad.

Cable car ride through town
Participants touring the city
Participants touring the city
in front of Parliament
in front of Parliament

CIEE partners with a well-respected local organization that runs innovative English programs in Budapest. In both pre-school and elementary schools, their mission is to give students the opportunity to grow and develop as English speakers by giving them a natural language learning environment. Your goal will be to help students build an active command of English, so they can express themselves confidently.

All CIEE participants will teach at both the preschool and elementary school levels.

Discover CIEE’s 150-hour TEFL certification course. This course offers an interactive and immersive experience into teaching English as a foreign language that will fully prepare you to teach abroad, at home, or online.

• Benefits 8
  • Facilities 8
Madison

Teach Abroad in Budapest, Hungary

It has been one month since I have moved to Budapest through CIEE Teach Abroad! Teaching abroad has always been a dream of mine, and CIEE helped make it a reality. Katy made the application and hiring process very easy! She sent us our important documents (such as visas, housing info, etc.) early so that we were able to prepare. I had many questions before moving to Budapest, and Katy was very timely with her responses leading up to the departure. She was also there to meet us at the airport when we arrived and helped move us into our temporary accommodation. Having an expert around for the first weekend was extremely helpful! The in-country staff have also been great. They are always there if we need anything and keep us updated on events happening around Budapest. Despite this being the first time that CIEE has run a teach abroad program through Hungary, the overall process has run fairly smoothly. I look forward to the remainder of my year in Budapest!

They could have offered some more support in finding permanent accommodation.
Response from CIEE Teach Abroad

Thank you Madison for sharing your experience so far! It was great working with you throughout the time leading up to your departure. I'm happy that we were able to help you get to Hungary where I am sure you are having an amazing experience. I look froward to seeing where this year takes you!