Teach English in Japan with AEON Corporation!

Teach English in Japan with AEON Corporation!

AEON's classes are designed to improve our students' English speaking skills. Japanese students usually receive on average ten years of formal English language education in public schools. The curricula and the syllabi are planned mainly to prepare students for university entrance examinations. Classes are taught in Japanese and are almost entirely focused on reading, writing and translation.

There are a great number of private English language schools in Japan aiming to fill the need for instructors in conversation practice.

Applying to AEON: ESL teaching candidates must have an accredited Bachelor's degree combined with a strong understanding and masterful command of the English language, and a genuine interest in the culture and people of Japan as well as in teaching and business. Japanese language ability and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teaching experience are very helpful, but not mandatory. AEON employs individuals ranging from recent graduates to trained professionals. Although most of our foreign teachers are native English speakers, AEON still considers candidates from countries where English is not the primary language. Our company requires a perfect command of the English language.
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
The monthly starting salary is 270,000 yen for a 40-hour work week with a maximum of 25 teaching hours.

• Benefits
  • Facilities

SJacksonCrabb
South Korea
Griffith University

Teach with AEON, worth the experience!

I taught with AEON from March 2004 until July 2006.
I was located at the Nara branch in the Kansai region of Japan.

My whole experience with AEON was good starting with my application, my interview in Brisbane, Australia, and the paperwork that had to be mailed back and forth for my VISA. This process was quick and efficient with no question left unanswered.

Even before you get to your branch school, which you will be with for the extent of your contract; you are set up with a week of training which takes place at the main training facility closest to your branch school. Mine was in Osaka.

During this training you learn about AEON as a company. You also go over the curriculum that AEON uses, the text books and materials that go along with your job as a teacher at AEON and how the lesson plans should be put together for cohesion throughout all AEON schools. While at my school I was given plenty of time to put together my lesson plans for the week, it was really good to know that you would have the time to put together something great for your students.

AEON as a company provides great information on their website about what you should expect as a teacher at their company. They do provide a nice welcome package, furnished accomodations and make sure you have what you need. My manager even helped me get my bank account set up and aquire a cellphone, even though that wasn't something that she was required to do by the company.

The place that I was living was nice and quiet and Nara has some beautiful Unesco hetitage sites. Not to mention it was only a 50 minute train ride from Osaka. Even though, you aren't aloud to choose your destination school with AEON; I think that working for them has some great advantages that you may never get working for other companies or in other countries. Some of those include a plane ticket to and from your home country or equivelant funds if not travelling back directly to your home country. A month of bonus pay upon completed contract, pick up at the airport, and a small food welcome package in your apartment when you arrive.

These few things set AEON apart from other companies and it shows that they really care. As with all companies people can come away with bad expereiences, I was just lucky to have a good one with AEON.