Obtain a Via Lingua International TEFL Certificate in Arequipa, Peru

Obtain a Via Lingua International TEFL Certificate in Arequipa, Peru

2018 Scholarship Contest Open!

The 2018 scholarship competition is open!
Every year we offer scholarships to outstanding students for our programs.

Via Lingua Arequipa provides an intensive, interactive program to gain certification as a Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). Our TEFL Peru Course is one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the world today. Including 130 hours of expert tuition with 10 hours of assessed teaching practice, and covering all areas of Teaching Skills, Classroom Management, English Grammar and Phonology, it exceeds international guidelines for the regulation of the TEFL profession.

On successful completion of the course, you will receive the internationally recognized Via Lingua TEFL certificate. You will also be given a transcript from your trainers providing a breakdown of your performance on each component of the course and stating your overall grade.

• Practical, engaging curriculum with professional and personal mentoring
  • Ten hours of guided and monitored Teaching Practice with Italian students
  • Graduate credits awarded to US University MA TESOL Programs
  • Individual Job Guidance and Assistance
  • Internationally recognized certification from an accredited program
Salary / Benefits
See site for details.
Weekly Classroom Hours
Arequipa, Peru

• Benefits 8.1
  • Facilities 8.4

My Experience

The instruction I received from Via Lingua not only taught me the methodology essential to teach language to someone who doesn't speak a single word, but also gave me the opportunity and freedom to practice my skills in a conducive environment. The professors are patient and understanding, and the administrative side is very well-organized. I would recommend the certification here to anybody interested in learning to teach english to foreign speakers.

Great Opportunity, Great School, Great People

I could not have asked for a better place to take my TEFL course at than at Via Lingua! The grammar portion was crazy intense but well worth it! It made sure I was prepared to go into the classroom! The teachers were amazing, extremely knowledgeable and made sure we had everything we needed to succeed! If I had to do it all over again I would not even think twice about it! This place is awesome and if you are thinking about taking a TEFL course I definitely recommend doing it at Via Lingua!

Unexpected Surprise

I picked Peru because it was near Machu Picchu and for no other reason. Now, I can't imagine having taken the course online or having gone somewhere else. The course was taught by two amazing teachers who pushed you to be great and offered experience you can't get anywhere else. Having worked here for a month, I have found one of the most supportive staffs I have ever been a part of and couldn't feel more welcome. Highly recommend the course and a position if possible.

Definitely worth it

This is not a quick easy certification. You earn it. By the end you will feel accomplished. Theres more to the English language than many native speakers can think or remember. This course gives you the confidence to teach. The school offers many graduates a job depending on the teachers needed and how well you do in the course. Highly recommend. Also the people and nightlife is amazing. Really enjoying my life here in Peru.

Great Experience

This was my first time living abroad and it made for a great introduction to travel. The course had a great teacher that successfully prepared me for the daunting task of teaching. I had no trouble getting a job afterwards, as I was hired on right away. The job itself was incredibly rewarding and provided helped me with social skills and public speaking. My fellow teachers made great friends and were great to hangout with. My biggest complaint about the job was the pay. Despite choosing to live in a cheaper neighborhood, it was still hard to afford everything. I would also warn against living in the provided housing. You can find a much cheaper apartment once you're there.

The program itself was great.

I left part of my heart in Arequipa

I have a very different perspective of my experience. I am married and we have a 2.5 year old son. My husband took the course in May and I took in June. We have made best friends from this course. The teachers we had were Bill Nelson and Emma Wing, and they were the best teachers we have ever had. Besides making sure we understood the materials (which they did and made sure we understood every little thing) they made us feel comfortable! They connected with each student and we spent a lot of the class laughing and smiling. The town is lovely and I LOVE Arequipans. My son became best friends with the cleaning staff of the school. If you open up to the town and school, you will not be disappointed. I wish I was back in Arequipa now. I recommend not going during the rainy season (I wasn't there for it but 3 months of rain never sounds fun). The Peruvian food is to die for! Try everything! Yes this course is intensive, but if a married couple can do it with a toddler then it can't be that hard! The teachers really care about you. I recommend you get to Arequipa one or two weeks before the course and explore before diving into the class. Do your research about Arequipa before you come though. We didn't no any Spanish and the Peruvians we're extremely helpful and would help as much as they could even with the language barrier. Long story short, don't think about going, do it! You won't regret it I promise!!

Honestly, I can't think of any improvements needed.

Via Lingua Review

Not a great course. It is far too structured and they don't allow any room for creativity. You are graded directly on how much the instructor's like you and how much you copy their style. Additionally, the job support is not as advertised. Not many people are able to find jobs after finishing the course. For the money, this is not a good buy. Vastly over-priced. Don't sign up with Via Lingua.

No, I don't recommend

Extreme Superior Language Alliance

I have been teaching at Extreme in Arequipa, Peru for three months. This is my first teaching job and it has been a great experience! I took the TEFL at Extreme in January and I learned more about English grammar than I knew existed. Each student in the TEFL program attends 120 hrs. of class along with observations of English classes in progress and Student teaching observed by the TEFL teacher and the teacher of the class and given positive and critical feedback. The students are fun and curious about both the English language and the teachers. Most of my students are students and young professionals. They are easy to relate too and fun to teach. Peru is a rapidly developing country, and while you still can't drink the water, cellphones and computers are very common. Arequipa is the second largest city in Peru and has a fun active nightlife. The scenery is beautiful and the food is really good. I am very glad that I came to Extreme.

About Via Lingua

Via Lingua is a worldwide educational organization, with schools and offices in numerous locations. At Via Lingua, our main goals are to assist our students in developing their English language teaching (TEFL) skills in a professional, stimulating,...