Teaching English in Spain with Instituto Hemingway

Teaching Kids in Spain
Teaching Kids in Spain

A job teaching English in Spain is one of the best ways to live abroad, build your resume, and explore one of the most exciting countries in Europe.
If you’re passionate about learning Spanish, Instituto Hemingway also has offers a program that allows Americans to learn Spanish while attending Spanish and cultural classes once you are here.

Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Start teaching English in Spain from one week on until 3 months. No visas needed. Receive a monthly income, TEFL-related training (paid by the program), and ongoing in-country support. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.

• An internship tailored to meet your needs
  • Advice, support, and guidance before, during, and after your stay
  • Aiport pick-up, accommodation in shared apart single room and cultural activities incl.
  • 24/7 Emergency assistance
  • Combine work experience, upgrade your resume, cultural inmersion and language acquision in one program

Not at all. This program is totally flexible in terms of dates to join us but also time to stay (2 weeks minimum) and degrees required. We will give you training upon arrival and in that sense no degrees required either.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
Nati

Amazing experience in my favourite country!

Once I stepped foot in Spain, all bets were off, I was too excited not to succeed.

I started to realize all the reasons why I decided to come on this adventure were starting to play out, and I became enthralled on the experiences that I was gaining. I ended up getting a teaching job working Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays, then teaching private lessons on Thursdays and Fridays. It was a nice way to mix up the schedule. I moved to Spain with everything organized, job, accommodation, airport transfer and some weeks of Spanish courses to be inmersed in the new culture and language; but the School more than adequately helped me prepare properly and I built a successful life in no time. All in all my trip was amazing and was loaded with great experiences. Upon returning home to California, both sad to leave and happy to reunite with my friends and family, I found myself to be far more resourceful than ever before. I also found myself reassured with confidence, fulfilled with experience, and ready for whatever challenges lay ahead of me

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Like barnacles, baby eels are another expensive delicacy. Though they look like spaghetti, they’re actually skinned baby eels. We fry them with garlic, salt, and chili, and them eat them while they’re still hot. If you can’t afford the real angulas, go for gulas, a cheaper fake version (made out of surimi). It’s delicious as well!
Paula

The best summer in my life

The application process was a breeze as everything on behalf of Instituto Hemingway was handled extremely efficiently and Alfredo Orive and Jose Lopez were exceptionally helpful and was delightful in general in helping me to get to the perfect summer internship in Northern Spain.

The Internship was exactly how I imagined it to be, if not better. The tasks were the same as mentioned beforehand and there were no nasty surprises; I can only recommend working as an English teacher as it is an ideal experience for someone in the early/mid 20's.

Students were very pleasant and also my Spanish improved.

All of the staff were like a small family and I am extremely grateful for how they welcomed me and gave me the best experience.

It was probably the best summer of my life to live in Spain and work as an English teacher for 2 months.

I would have liked to get even more time interacting with the kids and their families but overall it was a fantastic experience. I just loved their willing to learn English and spend time with teachers.
Sandra

I loved teaching English in Spain

The internship had fulfilled all my expectations, the tasks were as explained in the contract. I was surprised by the willingness of the managers and co-workers explaining me stuff I wanted to know and even more. My students were fantastic and loved my accent! I learned so much from as they from me.

The conditions were good, the manager have tried to always check with us how we feel, and we were free to communicate with him if we feel uncomfortable about anything and if it was within his competences, he did what was the best. I found my colleagues little bit hard to make friends with, but we have end up having very good relationship and interesting talks. It is very important to feel support from your co-workers and I can confess I felt part of a team.

I feel like this type of work is kind of easy for me, I was aiming for the higher position and I feel ready to accept more responsibility and load of tasks. I have been capable and responsible worker and it was noticed and appreciated by my workers and managers. I can summarise the internship as successful and enriching.

I wish I could have signed for longer than 3 months. It was a really rewarding program. It helped me to discover my real vocation. If I had to say something to be improved I would have said perhaps longer training to go to class with much more confidence.

About Instituto Hemingway

Our Spanish School offers Spanish courses in Bilbao and other cities in Spain with excellent reviews all year round starting from one week on, internships in culinary arts in Spain , jobs in hospitality management in Spain, Spanish courses online and...