Combined 10-day TEFL course in Shanghai with Teacher Link

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Teacher Link has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options and/or online programs as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

elementary male student smiling
elementary male student smiling
classroom of kids holding certificates
classroom of kids holding certificates
elementary female student smiling
elementary female student smiling

Combined TEFL courses combine the best of two worlds. Being able to complete the theory from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace, and the hands-on teaching practice of a classroom course.

The online portion covers all the theory needed to succeed. It also contains footage of real teachers teaching actual students and examples of activities and dozens of lesson plans.

The on-site portion of our course focuses heavily on applicable teaching skills rather than on pedantic theory to build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our position as the number one recruiting agency in China means that we know what schools are looking for in their their teachers.

Teaching practice will mostly be with primary school-aged children between the ages of 6-12 in small classes of 6-10 students, as well as large classes of 25-45 students. If you let us know in advance that you prefer to teach a different age group, we'll do our best to accommodate your wishes!

• Minimum of 6 hours of observed teaching practice
  • Complete half the course at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home
  • Weekly public school volunteering at low-income primary schools
  • Full job placement assistance
  • Classroom observations of seasoned teachers

TEFL Course Live!

TEFL Course Live - Only $990 USD
Get started on your TEFL course from the comfort of your own home. TEFL Course Live follows the same curriculum as our in-person TEFL course and features our TEFL instructors leading the lessons. Enroll in one of our future cohorts when students return to classes in Thailand / Shanghai.

• Instruction 10
  • Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 6.3
Karen

A different approach

Ginger responded promptly to my enquiries and he was very accommodating of my time limitations. I am an English teacher in a French school at the moment but felt like I needed a new persective . Ginger’s knowledge and experience as a foreign language teacher was invaluable and inspiring. I got to observe and teach several classes ranging from 3 to 25 students in private and public schools. The constructive criticism I received has been really beneficial. I have discovered new and more effective ways to engage and teach my students. The teaching materials and resources have come in useful in my day to day teaching.

Dmitry

Great experience

I sent e-mails to many schools but most of them answered after 2-3 days. Only this school replied promptly. I got all the information I needed soon and I liked that. So I decided to go.
The course was qiute challangeing for me as far as I'm not a native speaker. But thanks to Ginger I got good support every time I was in trouble! I got various experience: public school, trainng centers and also one-on-one with an adult.
It was really cool! I knew a lot of things about myself.
Thanks!

Betheli

Awesome learning experience

It is an awesome learning experience with Teaching Nomad. I took the combined course with 10 days of teaching practice with them and thought I should have gone with the full four-week programme instead. The practical experience gained from the course is invaluable and those are what you can't get from online reading.

The trainers are really great and affirming. Their teaching experience in China and attentiveness to the learning needs of every course participants impresses me. They make sure every question we have in class is answered. Special thanks to Ginger, Nik and Daniel for being such wonderful trainers and helping in every way you can.

From lesson planning to classroom management, there are guidance and support given to make sure each teaching practice is a learning experience. The feedback sessions after each teaching practice have been really helpful in developing my teaching skills. I have learnt so much on classroom management and its effectiveness on teaching. The exposure to public school and small group teaching practices has certainly benefitted many of us in getting ready for the real teaching job.