20-hour Classroom TEFL Course

man studying writing in notepad
man studying writing in notepad
woman in classroom
woman in classroom

This weekend-long TEFL course is fully hands-on and practical. In it, the basics will be covered, including how to manage your classroom, how to teach grammar, and planning lessons.

This course is great for people looking to top-up their existing credentials as well as for beginners who want a taster of the TEFL world.

NEW Semester Teaching Dates

We've just released new dates for our Paid Teaching Semester in Vietnam. Apply online now for January 2020 start

• Instruction 9.8
  • Academic Rigor 7.8
  • Job Assistance 9
Nancy

TEFL Chicago 20 hour course

I took the 140 hour TEFL course to obtain "in-class" experience in addition to the 120-hour online portion of the class. It is always valuable to learn from an instructor from within an organization. I have many years of experience in teaching adults and was very pleased with our instructor, Peter Murray. Peter obviously knows grammar inside and out. In addition, he keeps the program interesting while staying on task and keeping things moving. It is easy to get derailed in these programs sometimes but that was not the case here. Peter brings a great deal of experience in TEFL teaching abroad, which is great. The addition of his life experiences as a musician also lend well to enhancing the overall program. I highly recommend Peter Murray as an instructor.

Maja

Relevant, beneficial weekend behind me

Peter's steering energy made this grueling (due to its shortness) course, pass in a blink.
Instructor has a capacity to generate and inspire student's thoughts and send them on a wild journey of English language.
There was no waste. Every hour has been carefully segmented, planned to a minute and everyone in the class was engaged. It has not been the usual flow of information but the spirited, educational, thought provoking transaction.
Peter's passion for language, form, communication is so powerful that would motivate even a sleepy teenager.
Peter armed us with valuable materials outside of the booklet we received. We got confident but also left the course with a clear sense of responsibility for whatever lies ahead of us.
Thank you for organizing it.

Nothing. It was wonderfully executed.
In the time when everyone is looking for flaws, I would not have changed a thing.
Tilghman

20 Hour Class

Cayla was a very good and energetic teacher. It was two days at 10 hours a day, although she kept up her positive energy throughout the whole course. She also provided a great platform for ideas and activities to get our teaching abroad careers started. She is an experiance expat teacher and carries herself as such. She has a lot of good ways to teach a classroom and makes one prepared for any classroom. Definitely recommend.

More specific ways to teach an idea such as grammar and ways to get a job.
Adam

TEFL Weekend Course with Cayla

Cayla was an amazing teacher for the 20 hour weekend course. She maintained energy and focus for a VERY long day with 8 students who all just met. She did a wonderful job navigating us through a variety of activities and icebreakers after which we discussed the merits of each game and of how it promotes learning/conversation among students. Overall
the class was fun, interactive and I have a lot of takeaways that will help me jump start the curriculum in my classroom. Thank you Cayla and TEFL UK!

-Adam

I think it would be nice to have a little more advice on how to find jobs or at least to get an overiew of the most popular destinations and what the classroom cultures are like there.
Citlalli

Fun and Learning course.

When I first arrived to the class, I thought it would be a super serious and strict class. I thought I would feel nervous and scared around others. However, It was the complete opposite. It was so much fun and interactive. I learned a lot about how to approach my future students and teaching methods. Our teacher made everything fun and new information exciting. I even felt sad when the course was over. 100/100 recommend taking this class.

If possible, opening more courses around the U.S. would be better.

About TEFL Org

TEFL Org is an award-winning teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) course provider that offers both in-class and online training options. Established in the UK, The TEFL Org now offer TEFL/TESOL training across the world. Over 10,000 students...