The IELTS test is growing rapidly in popularity. It is a high-stakes test for entry to university courses for foreign speakers of English. It is an indicator of ability in English for immigration. It is increasingly an accepted test within countries of Asia to show general ability in English. Teachers of English are becoming more and more involved in preparing students for the IELTS test. This qualification goes beyond the usual for teaching IELTS preparation; it brings in IELTS-related language error that you can expect in speaking and writing from Asian students and particularly from Chinese language to English. The course has been built using the experience of teachers of English and of TESOL trainers in Asia. The aim of the course is to allow holders of TESOL/TEFL/CELTA qualifications to extend their knowledge of the IELTS test and to become confident deliverers of courses preparing students for the test, particularly to Asian native and non-native speakers of English.
- Study in your own time, with up to six months to complete.
- Convenient online study and flexible start dates.
- Prompt feedback from your course tutor on tasks and assignments.
- 56-page Course Notes with extra weblink resources.
- 51-page Grammar Notes included as a background resource