Teacher Link's 120 hour Online TEFL Course

Huangshan in wintertime
Huangshan in wintertime
Success moment
Success moment

Our 120-hour online TEFL certification program covers all the same content as our classroom TEFL courses, but you can do it at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
In addition to the theory that's covered, there are practical videos of real teachers as well as tutor support and written feedback on lesson plans and other assignments.

Graduates who decide to take a teaching position through us and successfully complete their 3-month probation period are eligible for a full refund. How does this work? If you complete your probation period, your employer will actually pay us for your training and we pass on this benefit to you!

The tuition refund is currently only available to native speakers of English with a Bachelor's degree (in any subject).

• Get a full refund of your tuition if you decide to take a job through us and complete your three-month probation period!
  • Earn $2300 - $3100 teaching abroad upon completion of the course
  • The course contains dozens of videos of actual teachers teachers as well as tutor support and written feedback on your assignments
  • Complete the entire course from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace
  • We provide assistance with the authentication of degrees, criminal background checks and TEFL certificates. In addition, we can provide criminal background checks for US nationals.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
  • Instruction 8.9
  • Academic Rigor 7.1
  • Job Assistance 8.9
Mi

Very Informative Course

It's a great course. You will learn alot and have enough information to assist you with your teaching career goals. I found it very informative and lucrative. For instance, the course provided plenty of examples so that the student can grasp the information being provided and taught. This is very important for new teachers because the course acts as a detailed guide for teaching a foreign language. I really enjoyed the material included in the course and learned alot about teaching younger children. When I finally relocate to China, I will refer back to this course to help me with improvement my teaching skills and target language techniques. Overall, I am glad that this course is available to help new inexperience teachers like myself. Thank you!

Fatima

Tefl course 2019

The course was very helpful, it teaches you all the basics, later expands further.
It provides online lesson videos to give you insight of what it's like to teach in real life, regardless of your level.
Helps you learn all aspects of English teaching, covers grammar, pronunciation, different teachings, managing classes and even how to lesson plan.
For someone who has no experience, it helps tremendously, and guides you through all the different stages.
It's simple and easy to follow, and will be useful to refer back to when you do start teaching, as it provides example activities and how to implement certain things into your lessons.
There are a few mistakes made but these can easily be fixed with a proofresder.
Overall, it was very good and provided a lot of information.
Thank.

There's a few errors (spelling errors, pages missing etc). Fix those and it's perfect
Atom

Teacher Link's 120 hour Online TEFL Course

The information and course direction is invaluable. The teacher link representatives respond promptly and they provide excellent feedback regarding their desired work performance. it was interesting to analyze my own educational experience with reference to the different methodologies I learned while completing this course. it was very easy to see how my educators throughout my life combined and practiced these different learning styles and teaching method combinations to help students learn. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to complete this course, learn this information, and go to work now that I have completed the TEFL exam successfully. the companies I have worked with up to and through completing this online course have been tremendously wonderful. I can only hope everyone has the same delightful expereicne I have had.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Completing the Final exam was the most nerve-racking moment during the course. I overcame the experience through studying and performing my best on the exam.
COITT

completed!

I felt the information was extremely concise and anticipate it will be very helpful in the classroom! The lesson plan introduces new information in an order that allowed me to retain the information before moving on to the next lesson. The videos gave me a good idea of what the atmosphere of a tefl classroom can be like and prepared me for things I may have trouble with and thrive in. The test were not overly complicated or designed to trick but to ensure the needed information was received. 5/5 stars

Nathaniel

Very good course

There was a lot of valuable material presented in an entertaining manner in a relatively brief amount of time. I was very satisfied with the course, and I felt like it furthered my academic and professional goals greatly. Thanks! I particularly enjoyed the sections on tenses and phonetics. Also, watching the videos from actual teaching events was a really good way to see how the job would actually be. I liked how the questions applied during the video mirrored the taught teaching methods. You usually were not told explicitly what was good or bad in the teaching videos, but rather asked if you thought a particular method you witnessed was effective or not. Even the best teachers had some areas where they could be improved. This was a good confidence builder and reality check to show that not even the best teachers will always have a perfect class.

Tom

It's worth it

I started out training to be a teacher years ago but life tends to get in the way now and again. When I heard about TEFL opportunities I decided to give this course a chance and it turned out be quite informative and very valuable. I look forward to putting what I've learned to good use. The lesson plans are perhaps one of the more detailed parts that one might need to pay more attention to but once the idea of being as concise and as detailed as possible is drilled into you there's not a lot else that can't be learned along the way and reviewed as a person goes along. The English language is a little tricky even when you're a native speaker, but at the same time it's much harder for those that are just learning it. I'd recommend this to anyone that's looking to teach.

Nothing really, everything was well thought out and quite detailed.
Elizabeth

Fantastic course!

Aside from being useful in your career, TEFL actually brought to light a lot of things that we normally don't consider, especially as native English speakers. It was very eye-opening to see how the children reacted to the material that was presented and how they behaved for the teachers in the example videos and the lesson plan assignment was a very good way to prepare us for what's to come in terms of the general school day. I especially found the pronunciation chapter helpful because, as a native English speaker, I didn't realize that there was a lot more to pronunciation than just making sounds, it was very interesting to learn exactly how those sounds are formed and what they were called, too. Overall, a fantastic course that not only prepares you for your future career but may even teach you things about yourself.

Alexandra

Great course: thorough, helpful feedback

As someone who has teaching experience but not experience teaching English, I found that this course was a great opportunity to learn about what it's like to teach English abroad. There are videos of classroom sessions which are great examples, and you can practice writing lesson plans with detailed and timely feedback from the instructors. You can also revise the lesson plans you submit based on instructor feedback.

This course is a bit more expensive than some 120-hour online TEFL courses, but it seems more thorough than average, from what I researched. This company also helps with document legalization, which is rare for TEFL companies, and a major help if you're going to China. The course is mainly focused on teaching children, but there's lots of helpful teaching theory relevant to any age group. I was able to finish the course in a little under a week, but I made it my main focus. The exams are low-pressure because you can download the readings and reference them as you take the exams.

Sumari

TEFL

I loved the class videos which gave me more practical knowledge about lesson planning and classroom management. I liked that each chapter were set in different ways carrying over learning material which didn't make it boring at all. Its excellent to be able to download the videos and chapters for future reference, which i will definitely use! The review questions at the end of each chapter definitely helped to be less anxious about the final test. To be able to login and logout and still take off where you've left, is very good especially to be focused and not to be forced to finish everything at once. The instructions were very clear and the videos were great examples. The feedback regarding your lesson plans is well constructed and easy to understand and use. The support team from the program is very efficient and constructive

I would give more options for straight forward answers. Some of the options were much alike and confused me which lowered my end result.
David

Good course for teachers getting started in China or other countries

I am an ESL teacher in China who completed this TEFL course the summer before I moved to China to begin my new teaching job. This course was very convenient as I had been living in a different country and was already preparing to move to China when I needed to take this course, and I recommend it for teachers in a similar "transition period" situation who may not have the time or funds to complete an extended in-person TEFL course.

I found the course convenient, useful, and well-maintained. It was a good choice for me as I prepared to make the move to China to teach and needed to clearly document my qualification for my job. The course material is practical, and there was an appropriate amount of material for someone like me looking to pick up a qualification quickly but also earn a real, useful qualification.

Faaiqah

My experience of the online TEFL course

I found the teacher link very easy to use. The course has a lot of supporting videos which assists a candidate by giving them a clearer sense of what to expect when they teach abroad. The layout of the chapters through the course gives you a good sense of progression, and this allows you to map out for yourself how you wish to proceed. The quizzes after each chapter allow you to acknowledge your progress, and serve well to test your knowledge on the chapter completed. Overall, the course flows really well and is very thorough. If need be, support from staff is also available. This course has been a very positive experience, and has shared a lot with me. Thank you to Ginger, for all the support and feedback given to me during the course. I really appreciated it.

Nonkululeko Mbali

Ms Twala

The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
The TEFL course provided insightful information about the role of the teacher as a manager, organiser, motivator, facilitator, tutor and co learner. These different roles illustrate how the teacher is the number one instrument to learners and how each role is vital in their learning process. I loved watching the videos as it provided me with guide lines . I loved how the children interacted with their peers and how open they were to speaking English and they respected the no Chinese rule. Most of the activities enhanced communication in real social contexts.

The program can be improved by showing videos of learners who struggle or who know no English. The learners in most videos seemed well advanced and rehearsed. The program can improve by showing some difficulties that a teacher can encounter especially on the first day. However overall the course was fanastic
Lauren

Great and informative course

I enjoyed this course. It was challenging, yet doable. The information presented was clear, and I was able to test my understanding through quizzes. I was given practical experience through creating my own lesson plans. There was adequate information available to help me do this. The course provided videos and sample lesson plans and really helped me understand how to go into an ESL classroom and know what I'm doing! The assessment portions were very helpful, and having the chance to analyze classes taught by other teachers was invaluable. I was able to determine approaches and methods I could incorporate into my own teaching. The price is right, especially as they help with the document authentication process. Overall, I recommend the course and you will learn a lot from it.

The reading is great, but at times there is too much information in one reading. It would be great to have pared down reading selections with essential information. It would also be great to incorporate peer participation somehow so that group collaboration and idea creation is possible.
Lamla

Online Course

I signed up for the 120 Online TEFL course through Teaching Nomad. The online course was very helpful, the outline was easy to follow, easy to understand and informative. It was interesting to learn, the reading material was straight forward and helpful in understanding what it takes to teach in a different country. I really enjoyed the course and feel confident that I can be able to teach English.

The videos that were on the website were helpful with seeing what it is actually like to teach students. The video content spoke to what the course was speaking about. Seeing how the students were in class gave one an understanding as to what to expect when they are to get an opportunity to teach.

Oliver Gorman was the recruiter who helped me with my process. He always had time to assist and answer questions. I have been offered a position at a school and look forward to what is ahead.

I think the program does not need to be improved. It is straight forward, simple and easy to understand.
Carlos

Tefl was pretty good

It was a very helpful course but I flew through it quickly. I don’t know for this is how it was meant to be or what. A lot of the chapters had very good information and I actually draw on this information a lot despite it being several years since the first time. I do think more specific examples are necessary to aid in the course. I found myself asking what kinds of things I could specifically when I would be teaching. Maybe you could make a list of all the activities a teacher could do with this information. When I taught at a high school i had to go back and look at the idea being taught then peruse the internet looking for how to implement this idea. This course could easily become a reference point for many people if there were more specific examples.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Teacher Link

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching...