Teacher Link's 120 hour Online TEFL Course

Our 120-hour online TEFL certification program covers all the same content as our classroom TEFL courses, but you can do it at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
In addition to the theory that's covered, there are practical videos of real teachers as well as tutor support and written feedback on lesson plans and other assignments.

Graduates who decide to take a teaching position through us and successfully complete their 3-month probation period are eligible for a full refund. How does this work? If you complete your probation period, your employer will actually pay us for your training and we pass on this benefit to you!

The tuition refund is currently only available to native speakers of English with a Bachelor's degree (in any subject).

• Get a full refund of your tuition if you decide to take a job through us and complete your three-month probation period!
  • Earn $2300 - $3100 teaching abroad upon completion of the course
  • The course contains dozens of videos of actual teachers teachers as well as tutor support and written feedback on your assignments
  • Complete the entire course from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace
  • We provide assistance with the authentication of degrees, criminal background checks and TEFL certificates. In addition, we can provide criminal background checks for US nationals.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
  • Instruction 8.8
  • Academic Rigor 7
  • Job Assistance 8.9
Nonkululeko Mbali

Ms Twala

The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
The TEFL course provided insightful information about the role of the teacher as a manager, organiser, motivator, facilitator, tutor and co learner. These different roles illustrate how the teacher is the number one instrument to learners and how each role is vital in their learning process. I loved watching the videos as it provided me with guide lines . I loved how the children interacted with their peers and how open they were to speaking English and they respected the no Chinese rule. Most of the activities enhanced communication in real social contexts.

The program can be improved by showing videos of learners who struggle or who know no English. The learners in most videos seemed well advanced and rehearsed. The program can improve by showing some difficulties that a teacher can encounter especially on the first day. However overall the course was fanastic
Lauren

Great and informative course

I enjoyed this course. It was challenging, yet doable. The information presented was clear, and I was able to test my understanding through quizzes. I was given practical experience through creating my own lesson plans. There was adequate information available to help me do this. The course provided videos and sample lesson plans and really helped me understand how to go into an ESL classroom and know what I'm doing! The assessment portions were very helpful, and having the chance to analyze classes taught by other teachers was invaluable. I was able to determine approaches and methods I could incorporate into my own teaching. The price is right, especially as they help with the document authentication process. Overall, I recommend the course and you will learn a lot from it.

The reading is great, but at times there is too much information in one reading. It would be great to have pared down reading selections with essential information. It would also be great to incorporate peer participation somehow so that group collaboration and idea creation is possible.
Lamla

Online Course

I signed up for the 120 Online TEFL course through Teaching Nomad. The online course was very helpful, the outline was easy to follow, easy to understand and informative. It was interesting to learn, the reading material was straight forward and helpful in understanding what it takes to teach in a different country. I really enjoyed the course and feel confident that I can be able to teach English.

The videos that were on the website were helpful with seeing what it is actually like to teach students. The video content spoke to what the course was speaking about. Seeing how the students were in class gave one an understanding as to what to expect when they are to get an opportunity to teach.

Oliver Gorman was the recruiter who helped me with my process. He always had time to assist and answer questions. I have been offered a position at a school and look forward to what is ahead.

I think the program does not need to be improved. It is straight forward, simple and easy to understand.
Carlos

Tefl was pretty good

It was a very helpful course but I flew through it quickly. I don’t know for this is how it was meant to be or what. A lot of the chapters had very good information and I actually draw on this information a lot despite it being several years since the first time. I do think more specific examples are necessary to aid in the course. I found myself asking what kinds of things I could specifically when I would be teaching. Maybe you could make a list of all the activities a teacher could do with this information. When I taught at a high school i had to go back and look at the idea being taught then peruse the internet looking for how to implement this idea. This course could easily become a reference point for many people if there were more specific examples.

Erin

Extremely reasonable and helpful

I greatly enjoyed participating in this course. It was affordable, very informative, and completely reasonable with the work load and assignments. As someone with a full time job and many other responsibilities, it was very refreshing to move at my own pace. I found the videos of other teachers to be one of the most helpful aspects of the course, and the reading material is super. After turning in assignments (lesson plans and observation forms), I usually received feedback from a helpful instructor within 24 hours. I'll be referring back to this course MANY times on my journey as a teacher across seas. Thank you!

Cecilia

Convenient and Efficient

I’ve recently completed a 1 year teaching contract in China after completing this course. It has been a good learning experience working with children, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to travel around China, experience the culture, and make more international friends.

The TEFL course itself was a very convenient program to complete from the comfort of my home. The course includes video demo classes and lesson planning assignments which were helpful for preparing me for the classroom.

Dylan

Pretty Good.

Overall the course was pretty good. The people were quick to email me back if I had questions or would send in materials. The course had a natural progression, you could easily track your progress, and the information built on previous information so you could what you learned in the last section to help you understand the next one.

However, sometimes when the material was not a test or video test, the instructions for the lesson were difficult to follow. Also some of the test questions were worded strangely, causing some wrong answers to appear correct. Despite this, the course was easy to work on at my own pace, and the presented the information in an easy to acquire way.

Increase clarity of some instructions and rewrite some test questions.
Katey

Teaching Nomad/Teacher Link

I received my 120 hour online TEFL certificate through Teaching Nomad’s sister company Teacher Link. The course was quite easy and the quality of instruction/course materials definitely has room for improvement (multiple typos and awkwardly written sentences made me raise my eyebrows in an English instruction course) but at the end of the day I got the certificate I needed to get a great teaching job in China. The recruiting/job search help side of Teaching Nomad is fantastic, they respond to emails quickly and helped me find a great teaching job that I am very happy with in a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend their recruiting services to anyone looking for their first job (or second job!) in China.

Teacher Link online TEFL reading materials would benefit from a careful edit, get rid of typos and awkwardly phrased sentences.
Robert

My Prospective Employer Required a 120 Hour TEFL Course

I recently completed a three year second BA teaching program from an accredited university. Since I am to teach in the People's Republic of China, because I did not have 1 year actual teaching experience, my prospective employer required me to take this course or something like it even though I've spent the last three years preparing for my first teaching job. This course is not difficult if you know how to write lesson plans and I have written a bunch. Some of the course is I think a little arcane but most of it on track and with some reasonable effort prospective English teachers can be successful.

Cadie

Great Course!!!

If your planning on going somewhere to teach English this is the course to take. This course will take you all throughout the English language of grammar, punctuation, pronunciation to showing you how to teach in a classroom. It definitely gives you the tools you need in order to teach English in a foreign country. Even if you never taught a lesson before this course will help you learn the in's and out's of what to do in a classroom or teaching small to big classes. It was good to have assignments to help prepare for when i do actually do it. It sure did make me think of what i need to put into a lesson and how to help the students learn. I would recommend this course to anyone who is going to be a teacher or going to teach people somewhere. It will give good directions, guidance and practice. It was nice to have someone review my assignments so i know if i need to fix it or not.

For the assignments maybe mention how detailed you want them to be.
Katie Jo

Fantastic

I loved this class. It was just hard enough to keep me on my toes but not impossible.
Take the final test seriously and take it in a quiet place. That's important.
If you need to take the class faster, it allows you to do that, you can do the work at your own pace. Next, the people that help you with your homework and answer questions- are amazing. They respond really fast and are amazingly helpful. They give you examples and explain everything to you. Words can't describe out considerate the people are in this program.

Christopher

Amazing Course Awesome Process

As a direct result of completing this course I got a job in China! This course not only got me a job, but more importantly made me a better teacher! This course gave me a far better understanding of Chinese classrooms but also made me more aware of theoretical educational concepts! This course has enabled me to follow my dream to move and pursue a career in China! For that alone I can’t review this program any better. However, this process was so pain free for me that I would be remiss to not mention that the support I felt during this program was second to none. I highly recommend it!

I can’t think of anyway that this course could be made better!
Trevor

I enjoyed the course as a whole, i feel like it will help me when i get the opportunity to teach abroad. It gave me real life situations and while nothing can totally prepare you, i feel like it’s a good start. It was a challenge but it walks you through any issues you may face. All in all it prepaeed me to teach all ages, from kindergarten yo adults. The staff was very nice and helpful as well.

Ouda

Good TEFL Course

This was a good TEFL course- there are many out there, but this one was good. I recommend it. You can either just do a little at a time, or the way I preferred to do it was all at once over 2 1/2 weeks, like a job a an office. This proved easier for me because I retained the information,and was able to apply it right away. Good luck to you in your TEFL journey!

The support for the program is helpful, and everyone gets back to you very quickly when you write them with questions, so kudos to the staff at Teacher Link.

Some of the material, especially the videos, could be updated.
Chinyere

Great job Teacher's link!

Thank you for breaking the course sections into manageable chunks. It was very user friendly, and without complications. Also, the staff were prompt in their responses to my emails and answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend your course to anyone trying to acquire a TEFL certificate! Actually, I've already recommended your course to my friends. Thank you again for helping me achieve this goal.

About Teacher Link

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching...