Teacher Link's 120 hour Online TEFL Course

Our 120-hour online TEFL certification program covers all the same content as our classroom TEFL courses, but you can do it at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
In addition to the theory that's covered, there are practical videos of real teachers as well as tutor support and written feedback on lesson plans and other assignments.

Graduates who decide to take a teaching position through us and successfully complete their 3-month probation period are eligible for a full refund. How does this work? If you complete your probation period, your employer will actually pay us for your training and we pass on this benefit to you!

The tuition refund is currently only available to native speakers of English with a Bachelor's degree (in any subject).

• Get a full refund of your tuition if you decide to take a job through us and complete your three-month probation period!
  • Earn $2300 - $3100 teaching abroad upon completion of the course
  • The course contains dozens of videos of actual teachers teachers as well as tutor support and written feedback on your assignments
  • Complete the entire course from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace
  • We provide assistance with the authentication of degrees, criminal background checks and TEFL certificates. In addition, we can provide criminal background checks for US nationals.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
  • Instruction 8.5
  • Difficulty 6.9
  • Job Assistance 8.9
Cecilia

Convenient and Efficient

I’ve recently completed a 1 year teaching contract in China after completing this course. It has been a good learning experience working with children, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to travel around China, experience the culture, and make more international friends.

The TEFL course itself was a very convenient program to complete from the comfort of my home. The course includes video demo classes and lesson planning assignments which were helpful for preparing me for the classroom.

Dylan

Pretty Good.

Overall the course was pretty good. The people were quick to email me back if I had questions or would send in materials. The course had a natural progression, you could easily track your progress, and the information built on previous information so you could what you learned in the last section to help you understand the next one.

However, sometimes when the material was not a test or video test, the instructions for the lesson were difficult to follow. Also some of the test questions were worded strangely, causing some wrong answers to appear correct. Despite this, the course was easy to work on at my own pace, and the presented the information in an easy to acquire way.

Increase clarity of some instructions and rewrite some test questions.
Katey

Teaching Nomad/Teacher Link

I received my 120 hour online TEFL certificate through Teaching Nomad’s sister company Teacher Link. The course was quite easy and the quality of instruction/course materials definitely has room for improvement (multiple typos and awkwardly written sentences made me raise my eyebrows in an English instruction course) but at the end of the day I got the certificate I needed to get a great teaching job in China. The recruiting/job search help side of Teaching Nomad is fantastic, they respond to emails quickly and helped me find a great teaching job that I am very happy with in a short amount of time. I would definitely recommend their recruiting services to anyone looking for their first job (or second job!) in China.

Teacher Link online TEFL reading materials would benefit from a careful edit, get rid of typos and awkwardly phrased sentences.
Robert

My Prospective Employer Required a 120 Hour TEFL Course

I recently completed a three year second BA teaching program from an accredited university. Since I am to teach in the People's Republic of China, because I did not have 1 year actual teaching experience, my prospective employer required me to take this course or something like it even though I've spent the last three years preparing for my first teaching job. This course is not difficult if you know how to write lesson plans and I have written a bunch. Some of the course is I think a little arcane but most of it on track and with some reasonable effort prospective English teachers can be successful.

Cadie

Great Course!!!

If your planning on going somewhere to teach English this is the course to take. This course will take you all throughout the English language of grammar, punctuation, pronunciation to showing you how to teach in a classroom. It definitely gives you the tools you need in order to teach English in a foreign country. Even if you never taught a lesson before this course will help you learn the in's and out's of what to do in a classroom or teaching small to big classes. It was good to have assignments to help prepare for when i do actually do it. It sure did make me think of what i need to put into a lesson and how to help the students learn. I would recommend this course to anyone who is going to be a teacher or going to teach people somewhere. It will give good directions, guidance and practice. It was nice to have someone review my assignments so i know if i need to fix it or not.

For the assignments maybe mention how detailed you want them to be.
Katie Jo

Fantastic

I loved this class. It was just hard enough to keep me on my toes but not impossible.
Take the final test seriously and take it in a quiet place. That's important.
If you need to take the class faster, it allows you to do that, you can do the work at your own pace. Next, the people that help you with your homework and answer questions- are amazing. They respond really fast and are amazingly helpful. They give you examples and explain everything to you. Words can't describe out considerate the people are in this program.

Christopher

Amazing Course Awesome Process

As a direct result of completing this course I got a job in China! This course not only got me a job, but more importantly made me a better teacher! This course gave me a far better understanding of Chinese classrooms but also made me more aware of theoretical educational concepts! This course has enabled me to follow my dream to move and pursue a career in China! For that alone I can’t review this program any better. However, this process was so pain free for me that I would be remiss to not mention that the support I felt during this program was second to none. I highly recommend it!

I can’t think of anyway that this course could be made better!
Trevor

I enjoyed the course as a whole, i feel like it will help me when i get the opportunity to teach abroad. It gave me real life situations and while nothing can totally prepare you, i feel like it’s a good start. It was a challenge but it walks you through any issues you may face. All in all it prepaeed me to teach all ages, from kindergarten yo adults. The staff was very nice and helpful as well.

Ouda

Good TEFL Course

This was a good TEFL course- there are many out there, but this one was good. I recommend it. You can either just do a little at a time, or the way I preferred to do it was all at once over 2 1/2 weeks, like a job a an office. This proved easier for me because I retained the information,and was able to apply it right away. Good luck to you in your TEFL journey!

The support for the program is helpful, and everyone gets back to you very quickly when you write them with questions, so kudos to the staff at Teacher Link.

Some of the material, especially the videos, could be updated.
Chinyere

Great job Teacher's link!

Thank you for breaking the course sections into manageable chunks. It was very user friendly, and without complications. Also, the staff were prompt in their responses to my emails and answered any questions I had. I would definitely recommend your course to anyone trying to acquire a TEFL certificate! Actually, I've already recommended your course to my friends. Thank you again for helping me achieve this goal.

Wendy

A Good Experience

Teaching Nomad was helpful with the whole process! I got my TEFL through them, and they were quick to respond to my emails and instructive when I had questions. I had a job lined up in China though a friend, but I got cold feet, so I emailed Teaching Nomad, and they had me connected to several jobs in just a couple of weeks. They acted as a conduit between myself and the school during the visa process as well.

I wish that they had warned me how difficult it is to get to China; I spent several months waiting for my visa to process in various stages and spent around $2000. At one point had had to fly to the consulate to get fingerprinted.
Response from Teacher Link

Hey Wendy,

Thanks for the feedback! I just checked and it looks like you got hired right after the Chinese government introduced all the new criminal background check/degree/TEFL authentication requirements. Most schools and visa agencies now know exactly what is required to process your work permit/visa, and we actually run background checks and do the authentication of documents for US nationals in our Denver office these days. If it's any consolation, you don't have to go through all of this again if you switch positions in China!

Edit Maria

Great Program and Helpful Staff

I enjoyed this course so I want to thank Teacher Link for providing it.
The course has a lot of information which I think is must for everyone who wishes to become a TEFL certified trainer. I was reluctant at the beginning to complete an online course, but soon after starting it I realized that the course is no joke. It is a comprehensive course that is provides a lot of essential information for future teachers.
The course is packed with videos that were filmed during real classes and it really offers an insight of what it takes to be a teacher. The instructor always promptly answered all my questions and it provided constructive feedback.
I am confident now that I have what it takes to be a successful TEFL trainer.
I loved the course and I want to congratulate the staff, especially Ginger, for being professional and helpful.
Well done!

Renelle

My Proud Journey

I’ve always had dreams of teaching abroad. Luckily, I was able to find the right team. The support and guidance was beyond expectancy. I was able to learn a lot from the course. Feels good to be able to teach and apply what was learned through the course. Chances are, you’re looking for the right team and course that will help guide you and help you as an educator. Well you’re in the right spot! This course is perfect if you want an inexpensive route. The information shared and taught is very useful!

Siviwe
Siviwe

Next Stop, The World!

I'm a qualified teacher, have been for almost 3 years now, and you can imagine my annoyance when I was told that even though I have a Bachelors Degree, a Teaching Certificate and 3 years experience, I still had to do a TEFL Course. I mean, by now you would think that I knew quite a lot about the profession, and handling ESL learners should be a breeze. What else could I possibly learn- surely not much! WRONG! Handling 28 little girls is quite different to handling smaller classes and teaching an ESL is different to teaching Home Language like I do. I learnt that there are somethings that could work in my class of 28 that wouldn't work for a smaller class. I was reminded of the things that we don't normally consciously think about when teaching, but we practice everyday in the classroom, and that is the importance of the teacher-learner relationship and the importance of the affective filter in successful learning. This course opened me up to new aspects of teaching and helped me refresh many things that I had learned in university and in the classroom. This TEFL course has equipped me with the tools that I will require to have a successful teaching career in my new job in China and hopefully, in years to come, many other ESL countries in the world.

Make the videos downloadable so that one is able to watch and make notes on them whenever they can, even when they are not connected to the internet.
Response from Teacher Link

Videos are now downloadable, thanks for letting us know!

Anna

Great learning experience!

In this online programme, I could learn teaching English in an easy way from home. The teaching movies we had to see were very helpful - I got a great idea of how teaching should be done. The films were instructive and gave good examples of bad teachers and teachers that were very good. I learned about classroom management, teaching to children of different age groups and the way you manage classes of different sizes. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants a TEFL certificate, because you learn a lot!

About Teacher Link

Teacher Link's unique classroom TEFL course fully prepares you for the classroom and helps you build the confidence needed to be an effective teacher. Our intensive four week curriculum focuses on getting you many hours of hands-on teaching...