Vantage's Combined Course offers the flexibility of online training combined with observed teaching practices with real students. You'll study the course book online and then you'll practice your new skills as you teach in a live classroom.
This class is ideal for those who cannot afford the time to attend a four-week course.
What's online? This part of the course is divided into two main areas—teaching techniques and language awareness. The online consists of 20 units followed by a summative task—complemented by 19 videos—and it comes with full tutor support. Download the Course Outline on Vantage’s website.
What's offline? Here you will do your observed teaching practices. A minimum of six classes—each one on a different language topic. After each session, Vantage’s trainer will provide valuable feedback. This is where you'll put the theory into practice—where knowledge becomes teaching skill.
On their website, you can learn how Vantage's practicum works.
- Vantage’s Combined Course was named #1 in gooverseas.com's “The 9 Best Online TEFL Courses."
- Vantage’s In-Class Course won #1 as the “Best TEFL Course provider” in the 2018 Community Choice Awards.
- The Combined course is the best of both worlds—online study + live classroom teaching
- Knowledge is theoretical and skills are practical. Skill is the ability to apply knowledge to specific situation and can only be developed through practice.
- Vantage’s observed teaching practices are where you transform the knowledge gained from the course book into the teaching skill set you’ll need to be successful in the classroom.