TESOL certificates | ELL & bilingual endorsements | MA options

Leaders in TESOL training for over 30 years, The School of Teaching ESL offers entry-level and advanced TESOL certificates as well as ELL and bilingual endorsements for WA State licensed K-12 teachers. In collaboration with Seattle Pacific University, all of our courses earn post-bachelor credit with an additional graduate credit option. Our core program is the 12-credit (four classes) TESOL certificate. We offer a range of study options, including 4-Week Intensive, Evening, Online and Summer One-Week Intensives. Our TESOL certificate program includes 120 hours of instruction, a minimum of six hours teaching practice (most students acquire 10-20 hours), and at least two hours observation of experienced teachers. Our alumni network is robust both locally and overseas. We pride ourselves on our customer service and the level of support we provide our students before, during and after your course of study. Call/email us today to set up an in-person advising appointment with the director.

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 9
Nathan

Best option for TESOL training and Certification

First of all, I met amazing people in my class, and I still keep in touch with some of the friends I made during our 4-Week Intensive Course from back in the fall of 2011. Not only were the people I trained with fun to hang out with, but I learned even more by working alongside them in the classroom as well as after class while doing homework together and working on group projects at night or over the weekend. Moreover, it was a fellow classmate who was able to put me into contact with the person who hired me to teach my own Intensive EFL classes the following year at Stamford International University in Thailand (both the Bangkok and Hua Hin campuses). Networking is an extremely important tool in the TESOL community, and I feel like the tools S-TESL has to offer its graduates far surpasses most Certification programs currently available.

Also, Denny Sargent has to be one of my all-time favorite teachers. I learned so much from him and gained invaluable skills that prepared me to use what I had done in class with my own students. I hope to be half as good of a teacher as he is some day.

Anyone interested in teaching English as a language here in the States or abroad should absolutely consider going to S-TESL for their training, especially if you intend on pursuing a Master's in the future like I did by using the courses I took as graduate credits. Besides being able to essentially finish the program with a quarter of a Master's under my belt, one of the main reasons I decided to take classes at S-TESL is because I felt that the skills needed to become a better language teacher would best be acquired by actually being involved with authentic, hands-on classroom experiences with real students learning English. In my opinion, having access to the ESL night class is one of the best features this program has to offer that many do not.

About The School of Teaching ESL

The School of Teaching ESL has been focused on providing the best TESOL instruction and training in the Puget Sound Region for over 30 years. In collaboration with Seattle Pacific University, we offer a range of programs, courses, and study formats...