AGBU - Discover Armenia Summer Program

AGBU Discover Armenia Program is a unique opportunity for Armenian youth from the diaspora to reconnect with their ancestral homeland during a three-week adventure including visits to ancient Armenian monuments, cultural events, as well as humanitarian and community service activities.

This educational tour for 15-18-year-olds instills pride in Armenian youth and appreciation for their rich heritage and the wonders of Armenia and Artsakh. The young participants benefit from a well-rounded program that goes beyond sightseeing and gives them a chance to engage in community service projects ranging from construction to working with children and the elderly. Collaborating on such assignments with peers from all over the world allows participants to create a stronger bond with their motherland and with one another.

• Tours: Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Tsitsernakaberd Memorial, Khor Virap, the Matenadaran Museum of Ancient Armenian Manuscripts, the medieval monastic complex of Gandzasar and more!
  • Community Service: Whether it is building homes for disadvantaged families, visiting local orphanages or serving hot meals at the AGBU Senior Centers, the participants develop a deep sense of engagement with the country.
  • Day Trips: Garni, Geghard, Sardarapat, Noravank, Mount Aragats, Lake Sevan, as well as a visit to the ruins of Ani, and more!

• Staff 10
  • Organization 9
Lilit

My experience through AGBU Discover Armenia

I was very nervous at first to come on this trip because I didn't really know anyone. I'am so happy I went because I made new friends from around the world which is very unique and special. I still keep in contact with my new friends and miss them a lot. During the program some of my favorite things that we did as a group was going to Datev, climbing Mt.Aragats, learning new Armenian dances and volunteering with The Fuller Center for Housing Armenia, as well as The Armenian Tree Project. It was really amazing how we did so much during our time in Armenia. After leaving the program I was so sad to leave Armenia and my new friends. I loved learning new things about the Armenia culture and wanted to thank AGBU Discover Armenia for a wonderful experience.

To live in the moment because the trip goes so fast

About AGBU

Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU) is the world’s largest non-profit organization devoted to upholding the Armenian heritage through educational, cultural and humanitarian programs across the globe. Each year, AGBU makes a difference in the...