Step deep into the cultures of Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Georgia, experiencing local life in one of the most hospitable regions of the world. Share stories and warm meals in mountain villages, sample natural wines, and fantastic local cuisine, and
meet craftspeople who work in clay, stained glass, metal, and wood — all of it set to a soundtrack of polyphonic singing that can give you goosebumps, and traditional instruments playing the old songs of love and heartbreak.
- Baku, capital of Azerbaijan and oil boomtown, with its UNESCO-listed Old Town.
- Vivid hand-loomed carpets at the State Museum of Azerbaijani Carpets and Applied Folk Art.
- Winding mountain road to Tusheti, over 9,500-foot Abano Pass, only open from June to October.
- Picnic in spectacular mountain scenery.
- Trip through the agricultural Kakheti lowlands and the green Gombori Mountains.